“Just what our family wanted”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have been staying here for several nights in room 423 with my family of four. This hotel is right off route 93 and is very convenient for us. We can walk onto route 112 and quickly reach a ski shop, mcdonalds, convenience mart, and some shops. A very quick drive of less than one minute brings us to all the Lincoln ships and restaurants (including our favorite dinner spot, Gypsy Cafe). It is about four minutes drive to Loon Mountain main parking areas.

Prices are fair, our room is a suite which means a main living room area with gas fireplace, sink, fridge, and bar counter. Also in living room is a sleeper couch, a "day bed" , a kitchen table, a large screen TV (to catch up on the Sochi Olympics; just saw Bode win Bronze!), a closet, and plenty of storage space. We are sleeping four with ease.

The other section is a separate bedroom with locking door with queen bed, another nice TV, a work desk, and closet. Each room has its own independently controlled heat/AC. The one bathroom is large with double sinks, toilet, shower, and jacuzzi.

This is a busy school vacation week and the rooms are nice and quiet at night. The staff is wonderful and room cleaning is good. It might be nice to have some thicker blankets but heat can take care of that!

Free full breakfast, pool, hot tub, and convenient free shuttle to and from the mountain.

Easy parking, lot is plowed and walkways well cleared. Front desk always ready to help.

This is a solid, clean, quiet place to stay for a family ski trip. I recommend it to anyone who wants a convenient location to Loon that will meet or exceed all expectations. I shall return.

Room Tip: 423 is rear facing, clean, large, and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

We enjoyed seeing you during your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure when a guest has such positive things to say about our staff and hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed yourself. We really are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We stayed there this past week just overnight. I was very impressed with the king suite which has a separate bedroom and a Jacuzzi tub! The living area which contains a sofa bed was spacious and even had a fireplace! The desk clerk was very helpful and gave us menus for local restaurants. We ordered from the Italian restaurant Alvio's and it was outstanding! There were two air conditioner/heaters, one for each room. I left the bedroom window cracked to enjoy the clean mountain air! The bed linens were so comfortable, I didn't want to get out of the bed! The motel is situated on the famous Kancamagus Highway and at the end of the motel's driveway, is the Hobo Railroad. It is close to other area attractions such as Loon Mountain, Clarks Trading Post, The Flume Gorge, and the historic site of The Old Man of the Mountains, just to name a few. The breakfast buffet in the morning had plenty of warm wholesome foods and a great selection to choose from. There was an indoor pool and hot tub, which I did not use, but it was there for all to enjoy.

4  Thank Paula C
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for your kind words. The staff here are excited with your comments. We always try to give our guests a great experience. We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed here this past weekend on a trip to Loon Mountain. Hotel is close to the resort and I saw at check-in they have a shuttle that runs there throughout the day. The room was large and super clean! We didn't get a chance to use any of the facilities but the indoor pool looked nice. We would definitely stay here again!

1  Thank Mary N
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for your kind words. Even though you didn't have the greatest weather during your stay, with that huge ice storm we had, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay with us in the White Mountains.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Let me give you some background... i was very very timid to book this and any other hotel in the lincoln area since a lot of the reviews are SOO BAD!!! i always stay at 4 stars, but unfortunately Starwood and hilton properties were just no where near here ! Some things fell through, like how it RAINED and i couldn't go snowboarding, but booking with the advanced rate via online made this reservation non refundable with no date changes..i called but they said no refunds since it was online...and they attempted to move it to the next week, but it's a holiday weekend so the hotel was packed so my bf and i just came up here since we weren't gonna waste all that money for nothing.. I got a king suite, since it was just like 7 bucks more than a regular king room, not sure what the difference is, maybe an extra couch? The person at check in was very friendly, she legit put me FARRR from the ice machine when i noted that...like a floor away LOL...they are only on the 2/4 floors, we were on the 3rd. Free parking, free wifi, and free okay breakfast made this awesome! Black ice was everywhere though... i guess they just don't have a bellman to salt everywhere... the room was really clean... looks old but nothing was broken, no stains anywhere..maybe a chip on the head board.. The heating/ac system is old..the heating kept blowing hot air at us so i had to turn it off and the room was still very hot..and dry... i desperately missed my humidor at home at the point. Quiet night...on a saturday..

Pool is very chlorinated... there's a hot tub! i was very sad i forgot my swimsuit...but my bf got to enjoy all of this since he brought his. There's a real fireplace in the lobby which was nice... not that i spent much time there. The TV could be bigger, but it's okay! The pillows were awful..very small and not soft..the bed was really nice though... i liked the comforters as well.

2  Thank CLAR1TY

Thank you for your kind words. Even though we are only a three star hotel, we try to make it a five star with our service and smiles. Unfortunately, Mother Nature let us down during your stay giving us an all day ice storm. Believe it or not, we sanded the parking lot 10 times that day, but there was no keeping up with the ice. We agree about the pillows, and because of everyone complaining about them, we will be changing them soon. We hope that you will come up to the White Mountains again and enjoy the snowboarding. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights over NY eve holiday while skiing at Loon mountain. Location to the mountain is great, just a couple miles. Close to town and all the restaurants and stores. Had plenty of parking. Room was clean and comfortable. Enjoyed the microwave, mini fridge and bar sink. We also had a sleep sofa but didn't use it. Satellite reception of the TV cut out during the snow- but, that is understandable. Bathroom was clean. Beds weren't too soft (I like them softer). Pillows were great and there were down-like comforters which were nice. Heater is forced air- which I hate, but, luckily we mostly had it off during the night. It seemed to either be super hot or cold- hard to get it comfortable. There were two dressers which we liked a lot- but, no mirror except for inside and right outside the bathroom- made getting ready kinda crowded. Shower was nice and hot- actually, too hot if you turned it up, you would get scalded!!! There was some hallway noise and you could hear the plumbing from rooms above. Lots and lots of towels! We used the hot-tub- dated but seemed clean enough. Lots of chlorine! Open to midnight which was great.
Breakfast was good but after 4 days in a row we wished for some more options- scrambled eggs and sausage every day along with make your own waffles for the hot options. They also had cereal, danishes, toast and bagels, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. No flavored coffee or coffee creamers. Plenty of food and the lines for the waffle stations weren't too long.
The best part of the hotel is the staff- they are so friendly! Even upon check-in on Saturday when everyone was checking in and returning from skiing. The agent was very friendly. The staff servicing breakfast was very helpful. Overall we didn't have a single bad experience with someone who worked there. It was a good value for the money compared to the other options for places to stay on this holiday weekend but obviously it's not a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: it's far enough away from the road that I think any room would be good
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank emilyjoy
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you for your review. We try our hardest to give 5 star service at family prices. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the front desk staff and the breakfast staff thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My boyfriend and I are frequent flyers here. This is absolutely one of my favorite hotels in Lincoln. This hotel is pet friendly, which is a huge perk for me as I always travel with my pooch, and I love that they offer the dogs a cookie at the desk! The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the suites are even better! I was so impressed at how spacious the suite was that we stayed in, it was a great room. You can hear some noise from the hallways in the regular rooms (doors, talking, etc.) but in my opinion that's to be expected at any hotel and I blame that on careless people. Above all, our favorite perk of this hotel is the BREAKFAST! There's a great variety and everything is fresh, hot, and tasty! I can't comment on the pool as we've never used it (but it always looks nice!), and the grounds are well kept. I highly recommend!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We do love it when we are visited by doggies. They are always so nice to us. We look forward to your next stay and thank you for making us your favorite hotel in the area.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I just want to say that this is the ONE and ONLY place that I ever stay when I visit NH. The staff here is like "second family" to me and always goes above and beyond to make sure my stay is as wonderful as can be. The service is exceptional and the rooms are always clean. Trust me, I bring a flashlight wherever I go and have my husband inspect the rooms before I even put my bags down. The front desk staff is very friendly as well as the management I have met. (DAVE) Steve down at the breakfast area is awesome as well and makes your mornings enjoyable all the time. It feels great walking into a place that knows you by your names and enjoys seeing you every single time that you come back. If you are looking for a great place to stay, this is it. =)
Looking forward to yet another stay here this upcoming weekend!

Room Tip: Any room would do for a couple, but if you do have a family try and go for the double queen with the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

We love it when our guests come back to visit us over and over again. Our staff enjoys spoiling our guests over and over again. Steve in the breakfast area thanks you for your kind words also. We look forward to spoiling you again on your next visit.