Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Ottawa, Canada
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The room and bathroom are large and clean
The furniture and the bed look good
good location close to the hiking trails
great price for what they offer(breakfast is included, there is a pool)
service was great

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your recent stay. We are all glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Salem, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Upon checking in, staff informed us that our request for a fourth floor suite (which was made clear at the time of booking by speaking directly with staff during a phone call) could not be accommodated. Instead they placed us in a room sandwiched by a multi-room family party (doors open, yelling across the hallway to each other, etc.). We called the front desk immediately to ask for another room in a quite part but was informed that "we're a family hotel and it's a holiday weekend. We cannot guarantee multiple requests but we try to do our best." It was Memorial Day Weekend to be exact, and in fact, I was utilizing the promotional rate offered since I am a public servant. However, I was taken aback since we explained our request was based on a previous experience with loud guests staying directly over us and we didn't want the same experience again. However, we got the same response that it is a "family hotel and they try to honor guests with multiple requests by honoring at least one, but can't guarantee it." Okay, the message was loud and clear. I guess my husband and I don't qualify as "family" since we didn't have a pack of screeching children in tow. After explaining (again) that we booked a fourth floor room in an effort to avoid louder guests as much as possible, we were magically moved to an accessible suite on the fourth floor next to another family with young children. We woke each morning at 6:30AM to kids screaming and running around in the next room. Each time we called downstairs and reported it the disruptive behavior continued. Upon check out, I informed the clerk that we had a horrible stay and asked for the manager's name (of course he was not available all weekend). I inquired about their policy on noisy guests and was told they have none (I don't believe this but it is indicative of how mismanaged this place truly is). I asked what they do if an adult guest receives noise complaints and she said they go to the room and if need be the police. However, I asked what the procedure is if it is a family with loud children and the clerk said they call and speak with the parents. It's clear that families are their main guest demographic and that is whom they accommodate. In addition to the lack of effective management, our bed in room 420 was pathetic and sagging, plumbing was atrocious (requiring multiple flushes and loud) and the cable was fuzzy no matter what you do. Yes, there are signs posted that indicate the location is "under construction" but it is clear the main problem here is mismanagement. Overall, I do not recommend this location if you value customer service and sleep. Both of which (since I'm a government worker that travels frequently), I value greatly. If management chooses to respond to this post, please note, I have corresponded with Choice Hotels International, Inc. and look forward to addressing this matter with them directly.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sabby S
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. When you arrived, we checked you into the room that you reserved and explained to you that the room type was not available on the fourth floor. After you continued to complain, we were able to get a hold of a guest who had reserved a handicapped king room on the fourth floor who agreed to give up their room for you. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the bed, as all of our beds are brand new. As far as noisy children during the daytime hours, we are a family hotel in a family resort town. During the daytime hours, they have as much right to enjoyment as any and every other guest. My recommendation in the future would be to book a bed and breakfast that caters to adults. We are sorry that we did not work out for you.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

The rooms are large including the bathroom and very clean. The beds were very comfortable as were the linens and pillows.

The breakfast was above average offering two types of scrambled eggs (with cheese or without), sausages, and 4 different flavours of pancakes. They also had hot chocolate which I've never seen anywhere else and the rest of the usual breakfast fare.

The hotel is tucked in just behind the main road which makes it very quiet but easy to access restaurants nearby.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traceyincanada
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed yourself. We take pride in our hotel and are very happy when a guest tells us about it. we hope that you will come and visit us again soon.
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a terrific place to stay. Our room was lovely and nicely furnished. We had a 2 queen bed suite.It had a sofa, table and chairs, 2 large flat screen tv's and excellent lighting. The room was so clean and inviting. The beds were very comfortable and the linens were a step up from the norm. The breakfast was also great with just about anything you could want. Add a great AARP rate of only $111, and it doesn't get any better than this.

Room Tip: for a something a little special, ask for a suite, it's worth the small cost.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words. Our staff is very thankful that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are always trying to make our guests comfortable and happy. We hope that you will come back soon to visit us again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I was worried about spending too much on lodging in Lincoln. But, this place was both affordable and accessible. Here are a few of the reasons why I would stay here again:
1. Large indoor pool and hot tub
2. Complimentary breakfast with tons of choices (eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc)
3. Spacious room with microwave and fridge
The hotel doesn't have much unique personality. But, in this particular case for the price, it exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Timoteyo
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us. The staff is overjoyed that you enjoyed yourself with us. We look forward to your next visit with us so that we can continue to wow you
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I love coming to Lincoln, and staying here was so nice. I prefer spending most of my time this side of the white mountains, over the Conway area, because it's not as crowded with people and traffic and it has more of a welcoming hometown feel to it. When considering the area hotels, it felt more comfortable to stay with a chain that I was familiar with instead of a privately owned place where I wasn't sure what to expect. This comfort Inn has such an ideal location right off the highway, and so close to many of the attractions located in the white mountains. They are walking distance from a few area restaurants and attractions, but they are tucked back away from the road and it was quiet. The staff was nice, our room was nice and I love the fact that it is 100% non smoking! I have gotten to the point that I won't stay anywhere that doesn't have this policy in place. The rates are pretty competitive off season and are within a budget I can handle. I would love to stay here in the summer and during foliage season, but the rates are pretty steep at that time, so I plan my trips accordingly to consider this. I'm looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bellaca P
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
We thank you for your recent stay with us. Our staff was overjoyed to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our location to everything in the Western White Mountains makes us a great starting point for many stays during all four seasons. We look forward to seeing you again.
York, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed two nights, skied loon & cannon. My wife and I plus two grandchildren, had two queen size beds, sofa (bed), frig & microwave. Room was clean, location great, breakfast was great, pool/hot tub felt great after a day of skiing. Cost did not break the bank. Local reataurants excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ABNME
DaveLLincoln_NH, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
We thank you for your recent stay with us. Yes, the pool is a great place to unwind after a long day on the slopes. We're glad that you were able to enjoy our amenities while you were here and we look forward to your next stay with us.