“OPEN”

Price range: US$3 - US$6
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The John Stark Coffee House is NOT closed; it is very definitely OPEN FOR BUSINESS with the same great atmosphere and breakfast! We go there every time we visit the White Mountain area.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We liked our breakfast here in '09 so much that we stopped here again this year. The pastries were especially good - all homemade - and served by another beautiful daughter! Who could resist!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Hubby and I stopped on a whim as we traveled through New England. I was craving a pancake. The owner is sweet. The establishment is clean and homey. She whipped up delicious blueberry pancakes with good black tea. Love my tea! Stop by if you are on this beautiful road.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

Cozy, homey, prompt service. Good coffee and great prices. Definitely worth a stop if in Lisbon or travelling beyond! Of note, my partner LOVED the quiche!

Reviewed 21 November 2010

I found the John Stark Coffee House when I was in New Hampshire on vacation. It’s only about 5 miles from the covered bridge in Bath and in a very scenic area not far from ski areas. The café itself is in a wooden building from the 1800s, and it’s located right next to a river in the tiny town of Lisbon. It’s not a fancy place, but it’s warm and homey, with very personal service. When I was there, I was served by the owner’s charming daughters, and the owner bakes many of the delicious pastries and scones herself. We were there in the morning and feasted on delicious cinnamon rolls and breakfast sandwiches. We liked it so much, that we came back another time and had a panini sandwich and homemade quiche for lunch. Everything was very tasty and fresh, and there’s a nice assortment of coffees and teas. I highly recommend this café for a reasonable and tasty meal served by some very nice people.

1  Thank DavesTrips10