So we drove 177 miles to. The rustic log cabins as they call them, i can only speak on behalf of my cabin and it was the newest one, first we get there check in. Are handed a. Book of rules, iask can u show us to our cabin, No heres a map. How ro get to it,, we finally find our cabin go in. And first thing i noticed was the very poor electrical work in the cabin exposed wires. And a. Burning smell, my phone had died from gps drive up, so imwanted to charge it, i put it in the outlet wich imeaditly blew and. Broke my phone upon arivial, i told owners they didnt seem to care about me or my phone only if the fuse or circut went, all in first 20 mins being there, 2 rule number 1 of starting a fire find fire eqtiguisher, oh but my cabin doesnt come with one, so i went to owners told rhem they. Acted shocked since they say they were inspected recently by fire dept for such things... Makes ya wonder ... So we take there home extiquisher . Then we tryn settle in, that babbling brook they describe is a rapid water u can hear. Very loud at all times, good luck sleeping!, then. I go and run the jacuzzzi tub. The water smelt like pire sulfar, and why wouldnt it. Siince its all local well water, so i say to the owners. Waters bad cant drink cook or clean or use jacuzzi, he the owner tells me oh well the filter coulda been changed 3 months ago but we have had no issues ur the first, yet read other reviews from yrs back same issues, Owner changes filter aeound 10pm that night , i said this isnt gona change much instantly, he disagreed and said it would, it didnt change anything the water is horrible pure. Sulfar couldnt even shower whole cabe stunk at this point, so i say screw it ill fill the tub neway, well its a jacuzzi tub with a sink faucet, so it took 37 mins to fill 3 inches. Not even to first set of jets, Water want only smelly it had hair and other debris floating in it, so deff not cleaned correctly, Besides filling it taking 1 and a half hrs, the waters not hot maybe nuke warm the tub has no heater. Nor does the heat work in the cabin , we complained about that and he said rhe water comes out at 154 f deg, i said imposible unless u dont have a regulator . There is no landlines, no cell signal, no wifi, and no way of getting help after 9 pm when owners go to bed. With only landline in 5 mile radius. Owners were argumentive, We stayed one day had paid for 2. Morning after we stayed got up early packed and. Went to owners. Every complaint i issued they agreeeed with and acted like it was all new to them. As my gf was asking for the refund so we could leave , the woman owner in a sarcastic. Way was. Saying how nothings wrong we need ro calm down, Were from mass and rhings in nh are much diffeent, pretty sure fire saftey codes are similar in all states fire marshal of lisbon agreed, Bottom line, these cabins sit 7 ft off a highway. Pics dont show that, to get my refund i was told and i quote, u better not write a complaint bad review or seek authorities on this just leave and keep quite, oh so now im being blackmailed? Worst exp ever, pls save ur money. And go to motel 6. Its nicer and prob more accomadating and. Inspected , this place is a accident waiting to happen, i videoed everything in detail for my records inside and out, Outside the cabin looked nice, however go to back of it ull find old shingles. Broken pcs of. Sinks or toilets. And other debris, from there recent construction, i guess its cheaper to dump in the woods than. To do it the proper way, complete waste of gas. And time coming here , We were refunded. As far as we know , but that wasnt until i asked if this place has been inspected by the state, thats when imwas blackmailed given my refund and told to leave asap. Really these ppl should be looked into this isnt the only complaint with most the issues i brought up there are many with same issues daring back to 2010. Its 2014. Also website shows alot to do localy , its a joke nothing is within 10 miles and nothing todo activity wise for about 30 miles litterly middle of nowhere.fyi full kitchen includes microwave dishwasher Not a tiny fridge and a small tiny stove with a coffee pot that dont cut it for 185 a night plus tax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The original Rustic Log Cabins in Lisbon NH. Hand hewn log cabins by Real Goulet. Come relax and unplug by the Salmon Hole Brook, a 35 foot wide waterway that weaves through the property. Each log cabin is unique and individual and has its' own style. Wood burning fireplaces, full equipped kitchens and romance will await your visit. Open year round. The Rustic Log Cabins are nestled along the Salmon Hole Brook between 80 to 100 feet apart. Come to listen to the soothing brook and take a step back in time. Read that book you haven't had a chance to finish. We have a supply of books, games and cards in the office for your pleasure as well as lawn games. If you need to get connected there is free WIFI at the office.We are about 10 minutes from Franconia Notch State Park which supplies the visitor with hiking, biking, swimming, snowmobiling, and skiing. Wether it be a lake, stream, river or pond all within 10 minutes of the cabins, fishing is at its' best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Rustic Log Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rustic Log Cabins Hotel Lisbon
- Rustic Log Cabins Lisbon, NH - White Mountains