“These cabins were just what we were looking for.”
Review of Rustic Log Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lisbon
Rustic Log Cabins
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I just dont understand why this place would get any bad reviews because We arrived later than the 3:00 check in time and the owner Alana came out and greeted us in a very welcome fashion.She told us everything we need to know and said if we needed anything to just let them know.We found them both to be very accomodating.The cabins were very clean and comfortable.The noise from the road was not at all bothersome to us,and the babbeling brook behind the cabins was absolutly breath taking,and relaxing.We knew that there would be no ac,so we did bring our own fan,and were very comfortable.There were plenty of blankets on the bed just in case,and the fireplace was very cozy.The kitchen was surprisingly over equipt with anything you might need.And plenty of towels.There was also plenty of hot water in the shower.Yes there was no tv,but it was realxing and we did bring a radio with us.We found plenty of stores to get groceries without having to drive an hour.I do not understand why any one would write a bad review about this place.We invited the owners to join us at the brook by the picnic table,and we found them to be very hospitable and warm and friendly.Laid back and relaxed people.If anyone is thinking twice about not staying here because of a few bad reviews,please dont believe all those haters and give this place a chance cause I think you will be glad you did.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donna L
There are newer reviews for Rustic Log Cabins

Reviewed 18 July 2010

My Husband and I were looking for a few days away from it all. This place was better than we expected. it is "Rustic" but not to the extent of "roughing it" The Cabins are set alongside a beautiful babbling brook which we could hear through the open window of our cabin. We needed only food and clothing. The Cabin was clean, comfortable and tranquil. Sure- No TV or cell service, yet we adjusted and found ourselves the much needed relaxation we sought. Cell service was a few miles drive to town where all u need is available. Prior posts re: Emile and Alana were not what we experienced. They were courteous, friendly, obviously hard working people who take pride in their property. This is not advertised as a 5 star hotel with room service. If you are looking for a place compliment your White Mountian National Forest experience, THIS IS IT! We look forward to returning for a Fall Foliage and will stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bucktlist
Reviewed 24 March 2010

After reading the reviews we were a little worried about the place, but it was extremely nice. When they say "rustic" they aren't kidding, but in a good way. We stayed in, what we were told, was the oldest cabin. It was basically a large room with a kitchenette and a bathroom off to the side. It was very clean and neat when we arrive.

We were told the heat was turned low when no one was there and it was a bit chilly when we got in, but it warmed up quickly once we turned it on. The room is dominated by the large fireplace and they provided us with some starters and we had the fire going within a few minutes. The night wasn't too cold but it was nice to have a big roaring fire anyway.

We only stayed the one night but the bed was nice and warm. We had brought an extra blanket just in case but didn't need it (especially once the fire got going). I would absolutely stay there again.

The only thing I'd say to be wary of is that it's not pseudo "rustic", it actually is. If you need a TV, internet, or cell service to survive you might want to look elsewhere. Otherwise if you want a nice quiet time in the mountains this place is great!

P.S. My gps had a little trouble finding it, and with no cell service I couldn't call them up for help. Luckily it misdirected me to the police station in the next town, and they were helpful. If you're going I'd check your directions out before you go.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S1190
Reviewed 16 March 2010

I found this place online, and it looked cute and just what I was looking for.
Upon arrival, I was greeted by the owner, Alana, who had a real attitude. She told us that if we needed anything to come back to the office and she would assist.
When we got to the cabin, the cabin was freezing. There was no heat on at all. When we tried to turn the heat on, it took over an hour for it to start working. There was no TV or phone, so we decided to walk back to the office to address the heat issue but no one was there to help!
Then, we went to take a shower, and the water had a horrible smell of rotten eggs which was actually sulfur in the water. Not to mention the fact the water was cold, no hot water.
When we spoke to the owners husband, Emile about this, he said that the water heater needs to be replaced and that they could not fix it. He did not offer to comp us money off the bill or move us to another cabin with hot water. He simply did not care. They should not have rented us the cabin if they new that the water heater was broken!
These people clearly don't care about making their customers happy. I found the owners are not polite, hospitable, or accommodating in the least. Their rudeness was over the top.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank pinkpetall
Reviewed 7 March 2010

My fiance took me away to the Rustic Cabins as a surprise- we absolutely loved it there. If you're an outdoor enthusiast/someone who likes to rough-it it's perfect. I was so surprised to see that it had electricity, running water, heat, indoor toilet and shower (we've stayed at AMC cabins that have far less so I didn't know what to expect). It was very clean, and the people at the front desk were very nice and helpful. We went out during the day, but at night we would sit in front of the fireplace, enjoy a glass of wine, celebrate our new engagement, and just relax and take a brake from busy city life.

Some of the cabins are close to the road- in fact ours was- but they are protected by a row of trees, and honestly when we were inside you would have no idea the road was close. It was very quiet at night, and since it's such a low-traffic area to begin with, it's really not a problem. There are some cabins on the other side of the creek (you have to cross a footbridge to get there) so that's perfect for people looking for a more 'rustic' experience.

We absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank reykjavik9
Reviewed 18 January 2010

If you've even briefly considered giving your business to these people, you have already gone too far. The cabins themselves are quite nice and offer a unique experience for people of all ages, no doubt. Whether you're interested in cuddling up by the fire with your better half or relaxing with old friends for the weekend, the actual rustic login cabins are both cozy and spacious. Unfortunately, the owners are not polite, hospitable, or accommodating in the least and quite frankly, their rudeness ruins the entire experience and immediately kills any potential for "a nice getaway." They were completely unavailable during our entire two-night stay, despite having told us (with a very noticeable attitude) that if we needed anything to let them know. The woman spoke with such a monotone voice that I initially couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic, though she did seem annoyed that she had to check us in, yes, her PAYING guests. A note on the office door stating, "Stepped out for a minute, be back soon" seemed to be laughing at me more and more as I trudged back and forth in the dark and snow every ten minutes throughout a three hour period simply trying to let them know that I needed something-like they blatantly instructed me to do. After all, I was under the impression that being there to distribute basic amenities was part of their end of the bargain. I pay their high prices, and they at least PRETEND to care about me, their customer, the source of their income. This seems like common sense to me. Honestly, I might have been able to overlook the obliviousness of my hosts-I mean, they didn't seem very in tune with normal civilization-IF the had bothered to warm us that the water in our cabin with riddled with sulfur. You couldn't even turn on the faucet for a nano-second without feeling like you were taking part in a septic system clean-out. Since we were not informed of this at check-in and had not come prepared with other beverages of any kind, we were forced to drink this sulfur water in order to prevent dehydration. We didn't even have the option of venturing out to find safe drinking water because the closest store open past 5pm is an hour away. Lack of communication on this unsanitary level is beyond ridiculous in my book. Our attempts to talk with them about the water issue were unsuccessful seeing as I'm pretty sure they purposely made themselves as scarce as possible from the time we got there until the time they barely showed up to check us out. Maybe they just didn't like us? Don't worry, the feeling was definitely mutual. Avoid this place at all costs, or you'll be punished with sulfur water-no joke!

• Stayed: December 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Jukebox455
Reviewed 18 June 2009

We were lucky enough to get our money back after spending one night. The owner woman tried to give us attitude, so i gave it right back to her all in proper English. Motel 6 is a palace in comparison....

The only nice thing was the babbling brook...when it was not drowned out by traffic on Rte 117 that is.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Photolover3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisbon
Hampton Inn Littleton
White Mountain Motel and Cottages
Franconia Inn
Franconia Inn
#2 of 5 in Franconia

Been to Rustic Log Cabins? Share your experiences!