“Best Food North or South of the Notch!”
Review of Bailiwicks on Main

Bailiwicks on Main
Ranked #8 of 43 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Upscale, but approachable. Focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood, Certified Angus beef, and local produce. Large outside seating area, pub, and dining room. Off site catering available
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I love love love Bailiwicks. Hidden in the back of the recently refurbished historic Thayer's Inn in downtown Littleton, the restaurant and bar is warm and inviting wherever you sit, and there's lots of choice -- a small cozy table, or a tall table backed by mirrors (my favorite), or even at the bar. And the food is amazing. We go several times a summer when we're up in the White Mountains, and we always have to get the Calamari Ricardo. The flavors are indescribable, and we've tried to get something that approaches Bailiwicks version at several excellent restaurants, but this dish is uniquely theirs. Just the right kick with hot peppers calmed by roasted peppers and sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, and I don't know what else, but everything comes together perfectly. The calamari is crispy but not overdone or doughy at all.

The other night we went for the Tuscan Grill and a delish Chicken tart. Everything was perfect, and the wine choices were just right for us.

If you're in the North Country, don't miss this gem. It is fabulous and never disappoints.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

My wife and I visited Bailiwick's in Littleton NH for the first time last night. We don't do a lot of fine dining and you never know what to expect from a place never visited before but Bailiwick's did not dissapoint. We had a memorable meal, in a memorable atmosphere. It was a great experence. The meal was of the finest quality and we both enjoyed ourselves. The service was excellent. Total bill was $91.00 and change with tip. This is considerably more than I'm used to but it was a value for what we recieved. We won't visit frequently but I'm sure we'll go back. Perhaps we'll visit the St. Johnsbury location next. I've noticed that in St. Johnsbury, cars are usually all the way down the street. A testament to the restaurant's ability to provide a nice fine dining experience to happy customers.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

We've only been lucky enough to eat here twice in the last two years as we visit when on holiday. It's a must for anyone visiting Littleton or nearby. The staff are always friendly and attentive. The food superb. It's a popular place and we hadn't booked but within a few minutes we were seated at the bar. We ate quite casual. I had the crab cake burger and Steve the Atlantic cod. Both were lovely and fresh and seasoned to compliment the fish not overpower it. We had a side of onion straws to share.............Steve had one and I ate the rest, still droowling about them now. We finished with a pudding each I can't remember the name of mine.Chocolate mountain? It was nice very dense chocolatey pudding. Steve had the Boston cream pie cake and wouldn't share, so it must have been very good. Because of the standards and the busiest of the place we were surprised by what the bill came too. It's not often you eat as well as this for such a good price. It's a shame it's in another country or we'd eat here all the time. We love it.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

We were staying nearby and our innkeepers suggested we give Bailiwicks a try. We had a wonderful meal. Our server Sandra was attentive and very pleasant. I had the pasta special which was goat cheese/walnut/apple stuffed. Fresh, delicious and comforting. My husband had the steak special which was cooked to his liking. THe sauce was a habanera strawberry sauce and he was hoping for a little more kick to it. The drink selections were vast and we were very happy with our selections. Would definitely go again!

Reviewed 25 October 2012

My husband and I were told this was a great place for dinner from the owner of the B&B we were staying in. She made reservations for us which was a good thing as we were there in Oct during the fall foliage time. Our waitress was very warm, polite and attentive to all our needs. We both enjoyed our wines and our food was delicious! It really was one of our best meals in the three days we were in the area.