“Good Food”

Bailiwicks on Main
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Upscale, but approachable. Focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood, Certified Angus beef, and local produce. Large outside seating area, pub, and dining room. Off site catering available
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I've eaten several times at Bailiwick's, mostly at the bar because many times I'm traveling solo. Being vegetarian (with fish), it is usually fairly easy to find something on the menu that suits me. I like that it's just downstairs from an Inn, where I usually stay. Nice not to have to go outside to get to my room after a meal! It's a tad pricey, but not too bad.

Where their rating dips for me is the service. Although the food is always hot, and they usually give you some hummus and chips for free, the attitude of the servers can sometimes be a bit . . . cold. They're not always terribly friendly. I always try to strike up a conversation with the bartender - and sometimes they are incredibly busy, and I try to be sensitive to that. But, at times, they are just not very friendly.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had a lovely and relaxing dinner. We were staying nearby in Bethlehem and ventured to Littleton for dinner. The bar had a nice drink menu and the dinner menu had a nice variety. Although the place was large, it was not loud.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Love it. Will not eat anywhere else. Great staff and service. Food is fresh and taste great. I have eaten there every time that I have visited Littleton and I have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the delicious food and friendly service! Although the atmosphere was a bit hectic (clearly they are a popular place) and we felt a bit crowded...we loved our experience!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Not able to write a positive review this time. With reservations we were seated LATE, upstairs, sandwiched between 3 parties of 8. Extremely slow service 1 1/2 hrs for entrees to be served - no apps ordered. 2 out of 4 entrees were so overdone. med-rare steak arrived well done and luke warm. Grilled chicken over pasta dish charred and dried out ! The 2 sushi Tuna dishes were ordered the same but came out different. Waitress overworked and that's a long haul to bring dinners from the kitchen. NOT THE INTIMATE DINING EXPERIENCE OF PAST VISITS.