“Exceptional food!!”

Bailiwicks on Main
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Description: Upscale, but approachable. Focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood, Certified Angus beef, and local produce. Large outside seating area, pub, and dining room. Off site catering available
Bethlehem, New Hampshire
“Exceptional food!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The food is very good but expensive. Martini bar is the only one around and very good. We usually go in for an appertiser and martini.

Visited July 2014

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Poor service overshadowed good food”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My party of 14 had reservations at Bailiwick early in the evening in the middle of the week and we were seated promptly . We were pleased to be told that 2 servers were assigned to our table. From there on, the waiting time was interminable...a long time to have drink orders taken; a long time to have our food orders taken; a very long time for the food to come out. One member of my party was not served soup along with everybody else's appetizers. He asked about it and it was brought out with his main dish. There were few apologies and nothing "extra" to help make up for the long periods of delay. I was particularly annoyed when I received the check and a 20% gratuity had been added. I understand this is often the policy when large groups dine, but this was one time when I would have "spoken" with a reduced tip. Again, I was surprised that nothing was said about the long delays, and, certainly no efforts were made to make up for the delays. Although I understand that a large group can be problematic, this was the last meal out of 6 or 7 for my group, and we did not have problems anyplace else.

Marco Island, Florida
“Such a letdown”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We spend summers in Littleton, NH, and have enjoyed Bailiwick's every year. This year they've moved across the street and opened in the old Italian Oasis, with a lovely outdoor deck. We were excited to visit and brought a couple of friends with us, expecting the same great experience as the old Bailiwick's provided. Not so. The meals are overpriced for what you get now. My husband ordered Jilly's Ratatouille with Salmon for $30. He got ratatouille with a small piece of salmon. No wilted greens, no bourbon onion straws, no grilled crostini bread, all of which were listed on the menu. I had the BBQ Salmon with wilted greens and something called sweet potato hash. The salmon was delicious, but the wilted greens weren't wilted (almost raw kale), and the sweet potato hash was squares of sweet potatoes, nothing else. Also $30. Side dishes really shone at the old Bailiwick's. Not at this new venue. We had the Calamari Ricardo to begin with and this was always our favorite, but this time it just lacked something. It was a bit dry and not what we are used to from Bailiwick's. Very disappointed.

Saint Marys, GA
“Spectacular Food!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had heard that I should expect an excellent meal here but my experience exceeded my high expectations. My wife and I have dined all over the country and this was one of the best food experiences we have ever had. My Ahi Tuna was prepared perfectly and the presentation was fantastic. My wife had magnificent scallops and she kept commenting on the excellence of her dish. We finished with a pretzel brownie with a generous topping of vanilla gelato. A perfect ending to a perfect dining experience

1 Thank Russell S
Frankfort, KY
“Okay”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I really liked the atmosphere in Bailiwick's. However, that's about it. The service wasn't very friendly. I got a weird look upon requesting a large water with a lemon slice rather than the small glasses they offer. My husband had pork which was still pink in the middle. I had a scallop pasta dish. It was just okay. The scallops must have been steamed. I prefer a seared scallop. It was just okay.

Visited June 2014