“Makes Me Want to Go Back to NH”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mt. Eustis Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Littleton
Mt. Eustis Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Littleton B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, NY
“Makes Me Want to Go Back to NH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

I decided to vistit this B&B on an impromptu visit / drive to Mt. Washington September 2012. I must say that I was so delighted I stayed here. The house is gorgeous and well kept. The owners have made such wise and taseful choices with every room and fixture. In comparison to other B&Bs that I've stayed at, this NH cocoon has a nice balance of masculine features/furniture with a feminine touch. The setting, views, misty morning with a cup of coffee, and comfortable bed remind you of why you venture an extra few miles out of the way to stay somewhere you will always remember and will want to return. Breakfast was a great way to start the day before starting my drive up Mt. Washington. I appreciated the organic choices of the host; the raw milk was the best glass of milk I've ever had (and the poached pears and corn bread were a close second). Thank you Sally & Jim for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank quello21

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

Booking a room at any Bed and Breakfast, implies a certain amount of innkeeper interaction. The Mt Eustis inn is a property that combines top notch facilities, with a delightful innkeeper experience, creating a welcoming and memorable stay.

The first thing to know about the B&B, is that is a bit off the beaten path. While it’s very close to downtown Littleton, where there is shopping and a nice variety of dining choices, the inn itself is located on a private mountain top, up a very long driveway. The views of the surrounding mountains and valley’s are fantastic from each of the three rooms, from the porch, and from the grounds. The next important piece of knowledge is that the innkeepers, Sally and Jim designed the property and personally outfitted it, in a way that shows how every possible need was considered, before the guests arrival.

Of course you ultimately have the choice of how much interaction you choose to have with your hosts in a property like this one, but here, since my comfort was so thoughtfully planned out, and there was nothing that extra that I needed from my innkeepers, the choice to socialize or not was completely mine.

The multi course breakfast was served in a cozy room overlooking the mountains, the food was organic, the eggs are from the chickens on the property, but even more important is that fact that everything is homemade and excellent! There are also teas and baked goods available in the afternoon, and into the night in a small thoughtfully stocked guest pantry. We found ourselves skipping desert at the restaurant, so we could enjoy a wonderful homemade desert at the inn.

The common areas include a fully stocked library, and comfortable sitting room, but our room was so nice, we actually spent most of our time there The rooms are huge, much more like a suite, with a free-standing gas fireplace in a nice sitting area, a desk, and very comfortable beds. Our king mattress and its linens were both top notch!

Bathrooms are large, and comfortable, they have 2 person soaking tubs and large showers, both of which were spotlessly clean! And the bathroom was stocked with just the right selection of high quality soaps and shampoos, and furnished with plush towels and robes.

The quality of the inn experience was wonderful. The food was top quality and plentiful, the rooms were large & comfortable with nice extra touches throughout, and the care taken all over the property was obvious. Our inn experience absolutely met our expectations, and matched the price we paid…we plan to return!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sandmantv
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

It took me a while to get around writing this review, but I stayed here in Nov 2010 with my spouse. This B&B is gorgeous inside. The rooms are the best rooms we have ever stayed in- the beds, fireplace and tub are stellar! The view in the morning of the sunrise over the mountains is also to die for. We were excited when we saw on their website that they serve organic food! Yum! But we were not excited when we were given raw milk and kombucha and a lecture on the health benefits of both. My background is in molecular and cell biology along with chemistry. I read scientific journals daily and I know from my research and that those two food items are questionable to say the least. I did not want to insult the owners, so I chose not say anything at breakfast. I tried to avoid the raw milk at all costs and opted for tea at breakfast. My husband had the kombucha because he felt that if he didnt, he would insult the owners. His digestive system paid the price for two days. The food is our only complaint, which is why I have to give it three stars. Other than that, it is a lovely place to stay, but maybe bring your own granola bars.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Surfergirl2020
Greene, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2009

"When we first turned the corner up the hill and saw the spectacular view of Mt. Washington, we knew this place was going to be something special."

That's what we wrote in their guestbook the first time we stayed here and we've been back three times since. From our first weekend getaway to our engagement to our honeymoon, each visit has been perfect. The rooms are immaculate and the atmosphere is tranquil and serene. You could not find two more gracious hosts than Jim and Sally. From Sally's delicious baking to the lively conversations over breakfast, the two make you feel like you're family and that you're welcome in their home. No detail has been overlooked.

A fireplace in the parlor is there for warmth on chilly autumn evenings. A guest pantry is provided for refreshments at any time of the day or night. There is also an extensive library if you just want to kick back with a book and relax on the porch. The view of the Presidential mountain range stretched out in front of you is one of the finest we've seen. Depending on when you stay you might be visited by moose, deer, foxes, hummingbirds, turkeys or bunnies.

This is truly a beautiful and remarkable place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eutychus
massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2008

I cannot believe this will be the first review on Trip Advisor for the Mt. Eustis Inn! We booked two nights this past Columbus Day weekend, (2008), and were greeted at the front door on arrival
by the two best B & B innkeepers in the business, Sally and Jim.
This will be our tenth stay at a northern B & B, and can confirm the service, breakfast, Inn, and location, are second to none.
The location is within a five minute drive into the town of Littleton, NH., and a twenty minute drive to St. Johnsbury, VT..
We will be returning in the future for another vacation at the
"five star" Mt. Eustis Inn!

Stayed October 2008
3 Thank Scooter105
Also consider these accommodations in or near Littleton
Hampton Inn Littleton
Exit 41 Travel Inn
Exit 41 Travel Inn
#1 of 4 in Littleton
Adair Country Inn & Restaurant

Been to Mt. Eustis Inn? Share your experiences!