“Excellent Service at a Historic Hotel”
Review of Thayers Inn

Thayers Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Littleton
“Excellent Service at a Historic Hotel”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at the history laden Thayers Inn in downtown Littleton, and was it ever a delight! Our room was the Robert Dole room, and was neat and comfortably furnished with all the amenities you could desire. When we first arrived, we were greeted by a sharp young man by the name of Tom. Tom was a professional in all aspects, and very friendly. His mastery of true customer service was such a refreshing change from the robotic fake faces at so many hotels that we have visited in the past. We will return to this gem in gorgeous Littleton, New Hampshire.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
maobranca, General Manager at Thayers Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our inn. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our charming historic inn and look forward to your future visits. We are very pleased to hear that our staff treated you in a professional, friendly manner.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I just stayed there this past weekend after its recent re-opening. This was my second time here and it is an amazing place to stay--a throwback in time from long ago. This is one of those hotels that ends up being an integral part of your vacation. Each room is different--the wall paper, furniture, bathrooms and layout. Some of the floors are sloped but thats the charm of this place. It is right smack in the Center of Littleton and there are many restaurants, shops and activities nearby.At first we tried to make a reservation and their website said they were closed for renovations so we reserved at a nearby chain. Once we discovered it had re-opened, we cancelled the other reservation and booked here. I think one of the old photographs shows Bette Davis having a birthday celebration there in 1938. A real Charmer.

Jesse at the front desk was about the friendliest staff person Ive encountered in a very long time. Wonderful personality and very helpful.

I will DEFINITELY be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ConnecticutGuy1905
Thank you for taking the time to review our inn. We are happy to hear that you decided to change your travel plans and rebook with us. We have been undergoing major renovations to the inn after our misfortunate abrupt closing this winter and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the renovation process. We are proud of our downtown location which is convenient for our guest to walk to many shops, dining establishments, and historic sites. The inn certainly does have a lot of history from its famous guest, charm, uniqueness, and its quirkiness. I am also pleased to hear that our employees take the time to be helpful and friendly.
Housatonic, MA
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stay here every September and always have a nice stay at this historic inn. Th location on Main Street is so convenient to the shops and excellent restaurants. There are many excellent dining choices in town and Littleton is a great location for access to many hikes withing 30 minute drive. We just booked our September trip, they were only closed temporarily.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
harry a, General Manager at Thayers Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We are excited to once again be open after our unforeseen broken sprinkler pipe in the attic causing us to be closed for four months. We are still under renovations but are happy to announce that we are well over half our availability and hope to be fully operational by July 1st. We appreciate your continued business and look forward to your visit in September.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Signs on door states that Thayer's Inn is closed. The exterior has peeling paint all over it and roof tiles are falling out. It was a nice place, as was Balliwick's, the restaurant in the hotel. Hope it comes back to life.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jkeyd
harry a, General Manager at Thayers Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your review. After our unfortunate abrupt closing in January, we are happy to announce that the inn reopened on May 1st. We are at this time still undergoing renovations both interior as well as exterior, but we are currently over half availability. We are diligently working daily to be fully operational by July. The onsite restaurant has recently relocated, but are still close by. The inn has plans to open a new restaurant in July. We do hope you will stop in or stay with us your next visit to Littleton.
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I've stayed many times at Thayer's Inn because it is located very conveniently in downtown Littleton (lots of small shops - very quaint), which is close to where I need to be. I like that it is not a chain, and that there is a restaurant in the lower level (food is pretty good, service is spotty). It is definitely an older building and a bit run down in places - so if you want all the amenities of modern hotels, this is not for you. The windows have spring shades, and some are ripped, but functional, or missing altogether. I personally like the charm of an older building, so that appeals to me. The staff there can run hot and cold. Sometimes they're very helpful, other times, I feel like I'm a burden. There is a small sitting area with breakfast foods - I've never eaten breakfast there before. But I do like that there is hot water accessible for tea/cocoa anytime.

The last time I was there (January, 2014), the radiator in my room didn't seem to be working well, if at all. They did provide an electric radiator in the room, so they must realize it's an issue. It was extremely cold when I was there, and the electric radiator did okay in heating the air, but the floor in my room was icy cold! I had to put my feet under the covers of the bed to warm them up before putting my shoes on. I also didn't really get much hot water either during that stay. I'm hoping it was just the cold weather, but it's something to consider if you're visiting the area in the winter months.

The other thing that happened on this trip was that I was awoken early in the morning with the sounds of trucks on the main street. I don't remember this happening before. All the windows were closed, so I'm not quite sure why this happened.

Wish I could have entered 1/2 star - I would have rated it 3.5.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Watloons
harry a, General Manager at Thayers Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our inn, we appreciate your understanding that we are a historic inn of almost 172 years old and to preserve the charm and character of such an old building with today’s conveniences sometimes can be an issue. We do our best to try to accommodate our guest the best possible way. We love our main street location where our guests can walk out the front doors and browse the many shops, dining establishments, and over twenty historic sights. We are also located within minutes to many White Mountain Attractions as well as hiking trails. We do understand at times our location can be bothersome with an occasional nighttime truck that passes by, but generally the town is very quiet at night. We do hope that you will continue to keep us your destination while in the area and look forward to your return visit.
Amenia, New York
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I love the old world feel and charm do this 1843 built hotel. The staff is always friendly and very helpful. I have stayed here four or five times and love it more each time. Situated on Main Street you can walk through this charming and friendly town.
Chris S.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in the family suites and I love their size and convenience.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
harry a, General Manager at Thayers Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our historic inn. We are happy to hear that your stays with us are always pleasant and our staff is friendly and accommodating. We do love our convenient downtown location where our guests can walk out the front doors to explore the downtown specialty shops, dining, and historic sites. We hope that you will continue to make us your stopover while in the area and look forward to making your next visit as special as your previous ones.
Lowell, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We found a deal on expedia for $48/night for a classic room, so we booked a ski trip for 4 nights and stay at Thayers. The inn was cozy and the history was cool. The room was tiny, but okay for the price. The only real drawback was the fire alarm that went off at 4 am on our last night. The temp was -23 F so something was wrong with the pipes? (We weren't told for certain). Our room was in an area for sprinkler risk, so the hotel upgraded us to a beautiful deluxe room. I would come here again for the bargain prices!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Littleton
Hampton Inn Littleton
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain
Exit 41 Travel Inn
Exit 41 Travel Inn
#1 of 4 in Littleton

Been to Thayers Inn? Share your experiences!