The Beal House
Thayers Inn(Littleton)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$119
Travelocity
Country Squire Motel(Littleton)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$106
Agoda.com
Hillwinds Lodge(Franconia)(Great Value!)
US$86
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge(Franconia)(Great Value!)
US$75
Priceline
Littleton Motel(Littleton)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Profile Deluxe Motel(Twin Mountain)
All reviewssitting roomthe turkey pot piegas stovesized bedwonderful weekendrooms are cleanget awaywhite mountainslorisuitesinkwaitstaffseasontavernnhjacuzzi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Ignore the whiners. The Beal House was built in 1833. If you like architecture, history and culture of our Nation's small towns, this is a great place to park yourself for a stay in Littleton. It's at the south end of town, so it's a nice first stop to unload and unwind as you roll in. Bill and his staff are superbly hospitable, the restaurant food and service are first-rate, and the rooms are tastefully done to keep the feel of the place original and quaint. Yes, the floor creaks but that's exactly part of the charm - there's some 100+ year-old wood underfoot! Despite being along the main road, rooms are quiet (locals don't motor through town like Washingtonians). Stay here and you'll be rewarded with America small town culture.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was simply shocked at how awful this place was from the moment we pulled up. There was no one ever at the "front desk", we got locked out of our room because the keys didn't work and had to wander around until some one from the restaurant next door was able to help us. We stayed in the Blue room. The bathroom door in the room wouldn't close, which makes for an awkward night with a significant other. The bath tub had chipped vinyl and tile every where and didn't drain so I had to shower while standing in the dirty water from the previous person. We were never given bath towels and so had to attempt to dry off with hand towels. The room was sweltering hot at night, so much so that even with the window wide open in the middle of winter I was sweating all night. The wifi did not work and we ended up poaching off of someone else's service. The TV's are small and not even placed facing in way which is easy to view. The continental breakfast was the worst I've ever seen, you really can't even call it that. If I had been able to find the Inn keeper before we checked out, I would have demanded a refund. As it is, we just wanted to get the hell out of there. The restaurant folks were friendly and kind, but I feel bad for them that they are associated with the inn. We specifically didn't eat there because we didn't want to spend one minute longer in that place than we had too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kavery2014
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Recently the Inn I work and reside at, had a main sprinkler water pipe in the attic burst. The amount of damage this caused to guest rooms, my room and the on sight restaurant has still not been determined. Thanks to Bill the innkeeper at Beal House Inn, I have had a roof over my head along with my faithful furry companions for the past week.
I would recommend the Beal House to anyone traveling in the area. Being in the hospitality field, I am more than happy to give a 5 star rating to Bill and his staff. They have made me feel welcome and have assisted me if I needed anything throughout my stay.
Kudos to Bill and his staff, I appreciate your fine hospitality!!!

Room Tip: The Rose Chamber.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Laurie R
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had a bad feeling before we arrived as the innkeeper had not replied to emails or voicemails. We would have cancelled if it were not for the 100% cancellation charges in the Fall season. The pictures do not reveal that the inn is on a busy road.
When we arrived the innkeeper could not produce a room key or fix the wifi until 11pm. The wifi was unstable all our 2 night stay. The bedroom in the Mrs Beal Suite was cramped and dingy. Dinner in the restaurant was nice, except my wife was violently ill that night and for the remainder of our stay. Self-serve "breakfast" was like in the worst/cheapest motels. The bread in the bread-bin was mouldy. This establishment is a "restaurant with rooms available", not a B&B or inn in the traditional New England sense. The innkeeper is holed up in his kitchen, not to be disturbed or is off site. The staff are there to wait tables at dinner and are not empowered (or interested) to resolve issues on the B&B side. At least the room maid was kind to my sick wife in the morning. Overall a truly awful experience and the low point of an otherwise great trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank FiiBee-H79
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed in the Mrs. Beal suite with my in-laws on a road trip through New England. The parents loved the large comfy bed, we all thought the bath was charming and since we were on a road trip it was nice to have a living area to relax in. My husband and I slept on the pull out couch but I think the sheets had been on there for quite a while. Sheets should never be stored on a sofa couch. After searching we did find a half set of clean sheets in the closet under the stair (we weren't sure if that little door opened into our room) and thus we had to wake up the inn-keeper for clean sheets. But everything else seemed clean enough. Since we have allergies and were on a road trip we brought our own breakfast so I can't speak to that (although it seemed like a European continental style), but I will say it was nice to have access to it for hot drinks at night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends