“Our new breakfast spot!”
Review of The Bacon Barn

The Bacon Barn
Ranked #6 of 64 Restaurants in Londonderry
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Salem, NH
“Our new breakfast spot!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Being very picky about breakfast, my husband and I have hit a goldmine! The blueberry pancakes were light and full of flavor! The home fries were beyond excellent along with everything else. The true selling point was the coffee! One of the best cups of coffee I've ever had. 4 thumbs up from this satisfied couple.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Karah24

“Great buffet and omelets”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We took the moms to the Bacon Barn for mothers day. It was our first time there. They have the breakfast every Sunday. There are a number of selections on the buffet. 3 types of bacon (bourbon, regular, and jalapeno), biscuits and gravy, pancakes, sausage, and desserts to name a few. Also included with the buffet is any type of eggs you want cooked, including omelets. My family got the buffet and will thoroughly pleased!
I can't eat bacon (crazy going to the Bacon Barn, I know) so I ordered off the menu. I got a chicken Florentine omelet with hash browns and toast. It was huge. I couldn't finish it and I am an eater!
The staff were friendly an attentive. I highly recommend the Bacon Barn!
The prices were very reasonable. For 8 of us, the bill was $117.00.

• Visited May 2014
Hooksett, New Hampshire
“Husbands favorite breakfast place”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The owner formerly had "Friends" in Allenstown nh. We weren't sure how often we would go to the Bacon Barn but in the beginning the same friendly staff and the food was very good. My husband loves the sausage gravy. We go at least a couple times a month (it is a 20-30 min drive for us). Last Saturday we stopped on our way out of town. We didn't have to wait to be seated but shortly after we arrived there was a line. Right away we noticed all the new staff with the exception of one of the staff. She was trying to help train the new staff and take care of the customers at the same time. Two of the newbies were young girls and didn't seem to have a clue about moving things along. The BB is bright and specious. The breakfast food very good. My husband has tried sausage gravy every place he can and no other place does it better than BB. We will go back soon, probably during the week so we don't have to worry about seating.

• Visited April 2014
Hillsborough, New Hampshire
“frequent visitor since they opened”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We have had some excellent breakfasts since the place re-opened as the Bacon Barn, but this past weekend left me never wanting to return. We arrived and there were two parties waiting to be seated before us around 10 AM, so we imagined a few minutes. But once inside, there were six tables empty and a sign saying wait to be seated. We waited over 10 minutes to be seated and 10 additional minutes to get coffee. The "hostess" and waitresses walked by over and over and completely ignored not just us, but the entire aisle we were in. As I was getting ready to leave, the waitress finally came and took our order. Another 50 minutes until we got our food and the 2 of the 3 orders were wrong. My barnyard omelet with no tomatoes was cold and had tomatoes and my hash browns were country fries, which were hard and sounded like kibble when it hit the melamine plates. No longer a fan even though the waitress removed my boyfriend and my meal from the bill, I still got charges for the extra's (what extra's?) in my omelet. For three of us the bill was still $18 for 1 omelet and 3 coffees. I hope it was just a bad day for them, but I won't be inclined to return.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Louise D
FriendsDiner, Owner at The Bacon Barn, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
As stated in my email to you. I am truly sorry for this bad experience. As you know this is not how we operate. We were dealing with allot of loses and the show must go on. I would like to invite you back to prove to you that we can earn a five star review. Thank you for your time for all your comments.

Roger
Derry, New Hampshire
“Okay, but very expensive”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I gave them a chance after they moved in, taking over for the old Route 28 Roadhouse (which I loved). The atmosphere is nice enough, though a bit spartan, and while the breakfast sandwiches were very good, they were $4.50 a piece, and even the smallest breakfasts were at least 10-20% more expensive than the most expensive breakfast places we could think of. The place was completely empty when we visited around breakfast time, so we were a bit surprised, especially since the old Roadhouse was always packed. We also didn't care for the strange menus that were clearly trying to be cute by calling eggs "cluckers" and using strange terms like "poe" as if we were supposed to understand what that meant -- it was confusing and strange to read a menu without regular words. I'm sorry, but I will not be returning simply because of the cost.

• Visited March 2014