“Love love love this place. A wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dowds' Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyme
Dowds' Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Lyme B&B and Inns
“Love love love this place. A wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

I recently booked my wedding at Dowd's and stayed there for 2 nights. In fact, we reserved the entire inn for those coming to the wedding and all who stayed reported on what a positive experience it was. The rooms are lovely with fresh paint, new, gorgeous bed covers and very comfortable accommodations. The food was beyond fantastic and I am somewhat of a foodie with several family members owning restaurants and being an avid cook myself. The prices were comparable for the services provided and the entire stay was a true joy. We felt like part of the family when we left and I would definitely stay here again. The innkeeper , Tami, and her staff are wonderful and go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect.
I strongly recommend this Inn for weddings, corporate events etc as well. Working with them on the details was a breeze and I was so pleased with the results. Our wedding was perfect. Thank you to Tami and her amazing staff for such a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Love the fairweather suite. It is beautifully situated on the back deck with rocking chairs outside...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed two nights at Dowds' Country Inn in Lyme New Hampshire. We were there for a family wedding. This location is just north of Hanover, NH and would be an excellent choice of a place to stay for anyone visiting Dartmouth College. The wedding reception dinner was held at the inn. The site was lovely for such a reception, and the food was excellent. Prior to dinner we enjoyed cocktails on the terrace overlooking the Common. The inn is lovely. Our room was comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was included. It was a wonderful breakfast, with a choice of several offerings. The price was entirely reasonable. We were there for Memorial Day Weekend, experiencing NH in the springtime. Very beautiful. We most definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PJustine
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

I have read the reviews and I have to say that I find it hard to believe any of it. My family and I went to up for the holidays to visit our family in the area and we could not have felt more welcome......the dogs greeted us and were soon followed by the Innkeeper, Tami Dowd. Immediately we felt at home in her warm friendly Inn. The smell of scones baking came from the kitchen upon our arrival. When we reached our rooms they were more than accommodating and were all close together. The staff was wonderful. The family themselves took time to spend with our family when we were in the Inn and they even made sure that we with our extended local family enjoyed a Chrismas morning breakfast. The beds were so comfy....the over all room was cozy. Just like being in a family member's home. Breakfast cooked by the Innkeeper or her son each morning were fantastic....an at home flavor might I say. The woodstove in the carrriage house invited us in every morning when we woke, every afternoon when we returned for a tea and a scone, might I say always with addtional guests and never once did we feel we were imposing, and again when we arrived back to retire for the evening. And still hot water was available for a late night cup of tea or coca. I would highly recomment this Inn to anyone who is traveling that wants to feel at home and have a good nights rest and a absolutely delicious breakfast......the Dowd family and staff are wonderful and very welcoming.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MiriamPeki
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2010

My husband and I along with his mother stayed at the Dowd's Country Inn for four days in December. I had been concerned about handicap access but not to worry. We had first floor comfortable rooms with an easy no-steps walk out to the car. The Inn is charming. (We weren't able to explore the outside because of snow.) No television but wireless internet. After the 1st day, I forgot about TV. Breakfasts were delicious, and the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Since our kids have just moved to this area, I am sure we will return once or twice a year.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank pdig
Setauket, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

We just spent 3 days at the Dowd's Country Inn in Lyme, N.H. It was a pefect mini-vacation in a very scenic area. The staff at the inn could not have been more accommodating. The inn is lovely, very clean, with a helpful staff. The breakfast was generous, with many choices. They catered to us, as if we were actual houseguests in their home. I can't wait to return for another trip into scenic New England.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

I am not certain exactly what the previous guests are stating in previous reviews. I am thinking that it might be complete misunderstanding in some instances or an individual hosting higher expectation than an bed and breakfast. But quite honestly I was a guest at the wedding the weekend that two reviews were written. And if I am correct in assuming that both reviews were actually brought on by themselves. One comment written about the Innkeeper and staff being rude was brought on by the person herself. And the other review about the noise was a disgruntled family member that was embarassed by her family member in the other review writer.

I personally was attending my dear friends wedding when in the middle of the reception a lady arrived on the dance floor. She was dancing in appropriately and acting out towards children which was completely unacceptable. Immediately the Innkeeper tried to address it in a professional manner and she, the lady, became very vocal about her disappointment of the Inn not serving her and that she not be allowed to crash the party. This woman was obviously drunk and unacceptable in her behavior. She had been at a different families wedding reception off premise. After many attempts to ask the lady to cooperate she became more and more vocal and disruptive at my friends wedding reception. After many attempts by the Innkeeper encouraging the lady politely she disappeared of which staff members shared family members were being contacted in hopes that they would assist with the behavior of the lady acting inappropriately. She eventually disappeared, however, she kept returning and disrupting the wedding reception that I was atttending. In all honesty......she was the reason that things were loud at the Inn. She went into the kitchen and began demanding that they give her drinks.....she slammed the kitchen door several times when she was told no.....she went outside and yelled on the front patio......smoked cigarettes obnoxiously....etc.etc.etc. The guests being disrupted, I think the sister of the lady acting inappropriately I believe, by the noise was brought on by the sister of the lady disrupting my friends wedding reception. So quite honestly.......the previous accusations were I am assuming made out of frustration and out of the fact of being told NO!. Again I was attending and staying at the Inn for my friends wedding:)

Now on a more positive note......the place if fabulous. The Innkeeper is hands on from making breakfast every morning for all of the Inn guests to baking homemade scones each afternoon served with hot tea and beverages. She was hands on as much as one individualy can be. I think Tami Dowd is awesome. In fact everywhere we turned through out the day she was tending to everyone's needs. And most importantly she was involved in every detail of my friends wedding. She came to the room several times through out the day while we were getting ready. She made sure that the bride had something to drink and eat. Tami arranged all of the timing of events for the wedding ceremony and she even helped coordinate for the bride and her wedding party to make their way to the ceremony. For the reception she was invovled in the serving of the meal, in the timing of events from dancing to toasts etc. She was awesome.

The Inn was beautiful. The gardens were exceptional. In fact they were planting plants in the gardens around the location of the wedding the morning of because they felt there was not enough color for the bride. The food was exceptional. It was the best meal I have ever had at a wedding reception. The service was above and beyond. And the key to it all was Tami Dowd, the Innkeeper herself. She made sure that my friend felt as if she was the bride of the year......all because Tami made sure she was!

The rooms made us all feel like we were at a home away from home. They were extremely clean and attended too. The decor was a country setting, of which a bed and breakfast is expected to be. The beds were very comfortable. And yes you could sometimes here a noise here and there....but isn't that what a bed and breakfast is suppose to be. An old home that is renovated and made into a home full of guests? Smells of cooking coming from the kitchen:)

I would recommend this Inn to everyone. In fact if and when I get married I will choose the Dowds' Country Inn to host my out of town family and friends as well as my wedding reception.

Thank you to Tami and her staff for making my friends weekend perfect!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Rochester, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

We were impressed that this was not only a B&B, but also did catering, weddings and receptions both on site with a banquet room and outdoors.

As A B&B, we enjoyed the peaceful gardens, the cozy fireplace to read book, and the charming rooms! Tami Dowd and the inn exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyme
The Lyme Inn
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Courtyard Hanover Lebanon
Breakfast on the Connecticut

Been to Dowds' Country Inn? Share your experiences!