“Exceptional Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stella's Kitchen is an exceptional restaurant featuring fine Italian food with many made featuring locally grown or produced ingredients in a pleasant setting. I and a friend recently enjoyed their ravioli and eggplant dinners. Both were great and their salads are fresh and plentiful.

The service is very good and the atmosphere is inviting for diners and dinner conversation.

Stella's also has a retail store up front and offers many of their entries frozen for take home as well as speciality sandwiches and side dishes plus a wide selections of local cheeses, chocolates and other items.

I've eaten at Stella's several times and never been disappointed. Can't wait to go back!

There are newer reviews for Stellas's Kitchen

Reviewed 4 January 2014

There's nothing more disappointing than having your favorite restaurant go down hill! Stella's, a true gourmet kitchen has succumbed to GREED! ....or desperation....the last two times we went there for our lamb sausage and polenta we were very disappointed. We thought the one time was a bad day, but the second time was a repeat of a bad experience. The polenta, a relatively inexpensive ingredient, had changed from a nice mound size to a small thin pancake serving. Other dishes we got like the lamb ragout? or some lamb dish my daughter got was ridiculously small, and had more inedible fat than meat,, The service was a real disappointment also. We had pre-arranged a small birthday celebration for my daughter and reserved a table for five with the understanding they would bring out the cake for dessert after dinner. Nothing came! I had to go remind the waitress who advised she knew nothing about it. Apparently the manager never told her. That was annoying, but the main reason we are not going back is the size of the portions that have dwindled to a ridiculous size. When you leave a restaurant still hungry....even after emptying the breadbasket several times (which we had to wait a long time to get refilled) you know something is wrong! No more stella's for us.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stella's used to be excellent quality, creative food and reasonable prices. Unfortunately the last three meals there have been worse each time. The last and final time was for my sisters Birthday dinner. Where they forgot to bring out the birthday cake we had brought in. Not sure how easy it was to forget since we had decorated with balloons. The waitress blamed the manager saying she was never informed which either way was just plain embarrassing. That was the icing on the cake after a very blah meal. As for the food they have changed the menu with the new menu items sounding promising but lacking any quality, I ordered the new braised lamb (for the second time, I should have know better as it was very fatty the first time) this time I received more fat than meat on the plate with about 75% fat, 25% meat. When your paying around $22 for a dinner you should be able to eat the majority of meat on the plate. Even if it is generally a fatty piece of meat, there was whole pieces of just fat on my plate. From the older menu the sausage and lamb polenta used to be incredible. Now they serve a quarter of the amount of polenta and now they have attempted to grill the polenta which has resulted in a small hard dry piece with minimal sauce. The food used to be elegant and creative comfort food. It's so sad to see such a great restaurant going down hill. In fact the only decent menu items was the cheese plate and the lamb sausage minus the polenta, all the items not made on site.

3  Thank Ebritt
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The food was good the staff was very friendly and we were served quickly . We needed to find a restaurant in the area on Sunday and most are closed. Hanover is 12 miles away.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have to agree with the last review with comments noted. My husband and I had gone once before, about a year ago, on a Saturday evening. It was very busy, service was good, but food that evening came out barely warm. We've shyed from returning until now as a result. I convinced my husband to try again - it was a Tuesday night, they probably won't be as busy and the food should come out hotter, as they were just so busy that first time. Well, we were not disappointed. It was surprisingly more busy than expected for a Tuesday (which is nice to see) and the service was great, as was before. Food was tasty, fresh and served nice a hot! We had the pasta e fagiole soup, Stella's salad, Chicken Portobello entree and the Chef's Special - ricotta cavatelli with sausage and brocolli rabe. All delicious! Prices were reasonable. Decor is comfortable, but it does tend to get loud in there. If you are looking for a more tranquil environment, this is not the right venue. But the lively atmosphere let's you know they are doing well, which is nice to see. A popular spot! I would recommend visiting and do plan to return.