“Lovely setting, good meal.”
Review of Lyme Inn Tavern

Lyme Inn Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Lyme Inn Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Lyme
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
West Lebanon, New Hampshire, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely setting, good meal.”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was my third time eating at the Lyme Inn. This time we ate in the large dining room, rather than the Tavern. The food was well-prepared and well-served. I had a vegetarian dish that was quite good. I found prices to be considerably higher than before.

I will definitely return.

• Visited June 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“A very good Manhattan restaurant in New Hampshire”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was a wonderful surprise. We ate in the sun room which was bright and inviting even at 7:40 P.M. it was all we could have expected from a really good Manhattan restaurant. The prices were a little high especially compared to the quoted prices on the internet menu. For instance the sirloin was $38.00 when we went not the internet published 30 etc. but it was Dartmouth graduation weekend.
the servers were excellent not coming by to check everything was delicious every 5 minutes. The details of the meal included excellent bread with a superior olive oil unlike the usual restaurant type which seems to go under the heading it is still olive oil no matter what the caliber. There was white linen and the server did not insist you keep your used knife but brought a fresh one for the main course. The salads were above the mundane the Chef;s with white anchovies and the green with tasty ginger poached pear slices (just a few) The portions large I had the sirloin with garlic mashed and an unfamiliar green on top both tasty and decorative. My companions who found the drinks and wine by the glass good had the vegetarian and chicken which they deemed also very good. The desserts looked good as they passed by and were also of surprising magnitude. My only regret is I don't live nearer. Reservations are a must.

• Visited June 2014
New Hampshire
“A Missed Opportunity”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our experience at the Lyme Inn was mixed. It was clear that our server, while very friendly, didn't have the training to be a good server. We waited and waited for him to greet us and bring menus, then waited quite a while for him to come back. He seemed out of breath and harried all night. At a neighboring table, he plunked down a cheese plate and hurried away. The diner had to ask someone else what the different cheeses were.

The food itself was also mixed. We ordered the Calamari, which in itself was delicious, but came with an aioli that looked like melted Velveeta cheese, and my husband didn't like it at all. I don't eat mayonnaise, so I didn't try it. The portion, for $12 was pretty small. We go to other restaurants in the area, and the portions are much bigger. Also, there was a strange mix of pickled red onion, banana peppers and (something else, I can't remember). Nothing went together, it was kind of a train wreck.

For dinner, we both ordered the filet of beef. It was not a $32 plate of food. The beef was overcooked (I ordered medium rare). My husband got an overwhelming amount of potatoes on his plate.

The Inn itself is a charming place, and the dining room is very pleasant. I'm sad that dinner didn't live up to the surroundings, and probably won't go back.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank MtHopper
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Wonderful, food and drinks were perfect!!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

A must! This tavern was great, bruce was top notch bartender and server. He made our visit!....I highly recommend stopping in.

Visited March 2014
Lyme, New Hampshire
“Greatly Surprised”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was greatly surprised that the Inn was very affordable and very cozy.
The staff was very friendly and very informative of the menu.
My family and I were very satisfied with our meal and the price.
It was a great outing.