“Our Weekend getaway At Purity”

Purity Spring Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My husband and I recently went to Purity Springs/King Pine resort. If you are looking for a great deal and scenery and don't mind a smaller mountain this is a place to check out. We went on a package deal that included an amazing dinner and breakfast buffet, tickets to ski at King Pine, free tubing, and use of the health club. We managed to also squeeze in Cross country skiing and snowshoeing in the two days we were there.We had a slope side room right on the mountain with great views of the slopes. I am generally a light sleeper and the groomers did not bother us at all. Everywhere we went the staff was over the top friendly and accommodating. The rooms are a bit dated so if you are looking for luxury this is not the place. Just clean and comfortable in beautiful surroundings! Great family place..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Recently had the opportunity to go to Purity Springs/King pine with the family for our first ever ski trip. It was a wonderful experience from the moment we checked in, to the day we left. Having never been skiing with my children I was a bit nervous but with the help of the rental personal, and even help from the ski lift operators my nerves quickly calmed. There was even one day that it rained, and the lift operator gave us trash bags to keep us dry,very nice. I have a child with a peanut allergy and they were very accommodating with the meal plan. You could tell that this was a family run business as everyplace we went we were treated "like family"

Room Tip: Being first time skiers I loved being in the ski lodge
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We went to the Purity Spring Resort Inn for a night as part of a package deal, including lift tickets and two meals. The meals were mediocre. The biggest problem, though, was that our room was at the bottom of the ski slope and from 10 pm until 12:30 am, we were kept awake by the very loud noise of huge machines grooming the slopes. It was so loud, it even kept us awake after we put in our ear plugs! This is a major design flaw of this resort and we will not be staying there again, no matter how good the "deal"!

Room Tip: If you can't pass up this deal, don't stay at the Inn, stay in the rooms by the restaurant.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Davestillwater
PuritySpring, Owner at Purity Spring Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at Purity Spring Resort. Our goal is always to make guests as comfortable as possible during their stay. I am sorry that your sleep was interrupted by the noise of the groomer. When you booked your reservation you should have been told that staying slope side more often than not includes some noise from the snow grooming - which happens every night during the ski season.
With the variety of lodging options we offer, we usually offer guests the option of staying slope side or perhaps staying at the Inn, Millbrook or the Mill, where it is much quieter and closer to the dining room and the indoor pool, but would include a drive in order to get to the ski area. We hope you were able to enjoy the incredible skiing conditions and evening programs we offered during your stay, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quieter lodging options we offer.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

As empty nesters, Purity Spring wouldn't be a place that I'd recommend for folks like us. That said, the lodging is kind of spread out - some of the rooms are up the street from Big Pine ski area, other lodging options are closer to the ski area. Our room was spotless, but dated with a tiny 13" tv and there was no internet access and cell phone service was spotty. The staff a Purity Spring were extremely friendly, welcoming and accommodating. While we didn't bring our dogs (I would next time), they are a pet friendly resort, which I found refreshing. The shuttle between all the lodging ran pretty much constantly all day - if you have small children and want them to be able to ski, snowboard, snowtube, ice skate, cross country ski or snowshoe, this is the place for you. One downside (and this could be because it was a non holiday weekend in March and the resort was not fully booked), they only offer a buffet at the restaurant. Both times we went there, the food was disappointing, bland and cold. I know I'd be less critical of Purity Springs if I had young children and was looking for a family friendly value for a winter getaway - if that's what you are looking for, this place is for you. Oh, and although we didn't use them, the pool and hot tub facility was very nice and like the rest of the resort, spotlessly maintained.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

my husband and I spent one night in February. We stayed in the Inn (this building has the restaurant in it). Our room was not fancy, but clean as a whistle and very adequate, with a comfortable bed. The dining room has no ambiance to speak of, but the buffet dinner was surprisingly tasty, with a lot of variety. Same for breakfast. Our package allowed us to cross country ski on their nicely groomed trails, and included tubing after dinner. A blast, although you have to drive up the road a little ways to get to the hill, and the parking lot is very difficult to find.
Everyone was pleasant and friendly, and the chef even took the time to write out an ingredient list for me for the tomato parmesan spinach soup, which was out of this world.

Since we live within driving distance, I'm hoping to plan a car trip this summer that takes us by there, so I can see what it looks like in summer. In winter the buildings look a little hodge-podgy.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My fiancé and I found Purity Springs through a travel zoo deal that was incredibly cheap with two meals included, so we decided to give it a shot during a New England Fall foliage trip in October. The resort grounds were beautiful especially with peak fall foliage. There's a pretty little lake with free canoes and kayaks for the guests. The hiking trails were very scenic. However we were disappointed with our room. We stayed near the ski lift, which I can imagine during winter months would be quite convenient. However for our purposes we just found everything modest and outdated. The walls were extremely thin, we could everything around us, including conversations of other guests. The bedding looked very old and the beds themselves were uncomfortable.

Since dinner was included, we went to the restaurant for the buffet dinner. This was extremely disappointing. EVERYTHING was cold, which was surprising considering we were some of the first guests in the dining room. The food was bland and just unappealing. The food was free and our server was very nice, but that didn't save the experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jlt_5266
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Purity Springs is in a quiet scenic section of NH not far from great shopping and many outdoor activities. We love the home atmosphere while being away. They have all the amenities of a resort yet they are friendly and make you feel at home. I love the winter activities they offer. I didn't go on the moonlight snowshoe but, I did do the evening tubing. It was a blast. The meals are covered in the room price. What a choice of excellent meals and desserts, you can't resist. You souldn't leave hungry. I am watching for their next special offer. The best time to go is winter when the ice is on the pond or the skiing is good and summer when a swim feels great. I enjoy between seasons for hiking and shopping.

Room Tip: I like the motel when I am skiing as it is on the slopes. The rooms in the spa area are nice. You...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
#10 of 30 in Conway
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#4 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Purity Spring Resort? Share your experiences!