“DO NOT BUY THE RESTAURANT.COM COUPON”

Community Market & Deli
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We bought a coupon on restaurant.com for $4 for a $10 off an order. Went and ordered my food. The man behind the counter is abrupt and rude. Usually, when you buy a coupon/deal on restaurant.com- you bring the coupon up on your phone and show it to the staff of the restaurant. The restaurant will then "verify" the coupon by hitting a button on your phone. The man behind the counter wanted a hard copy instead of using my phone. Well I can't provide a hard copy from my cell phone... He was also rude about the menu. I asked for a Greek salad wrap and he snapped back- I can only give you what's up in the board. I will be sure to call restaurant.com report this and share my experience with neighbors and friends. Rudeness does not help your business.

There are newer reviews for Community Market & Deli

Reviewed 28 December 2012

The truth is that really I love this place but after beginning to work with a service dog I have been treated horribly here. I use a medical alert service dog, completely compliant with the ADA and fully trained.
Over the summer my co-workers and I entered the store multiple times without incident. (Thank you Jay for KNOWING THE LAWS!) However, upon entering one afternoon (when Jay wasn't working) I was confronted at the food counter by the owners son. He told me that I couldn't have my dog inside and I replied, "He is a service dog" he replied, "what?" and I repeated myself. His response was to look at the woman who was behind the counter with him and say, "She says it's a service dog, she doesn't look blind to me." (I'm not blind) I took my pizza and went to the register. I was embarrassed and angry and as my boyfriend payed I went outside. My boyfriend was angry and informed the owner (who was behind the register) that we (my service dog and I) are protected by law and they can not ask me to leave. The owner apologized and said he knew the law.

A couple weeks later I returned with one of my coworkers and was again confronted. This time neither owner was there and a woman stopped me. I explained that he was a service dog, this wasn't satisfying for her. I explained the 2 questions she is permitted to ask me, the ADA laws, that she wasn't allowed to ask for documentation and that it was the business's responsibility to know the laws. She continued to get heated with me telling me that I couldn't have the dog around food. I began to get flustered and after paying exited the store. I then walked back inside and told the girl behind the counter that they should really look up the law because they were opening themselves up to a law suit (I remained respectful but clearly flustered I didn't yell or name call), I was met with a SCREAMING girl telling me that I couldn't have the dog around food and that I shouldn't take it out on her. What?!

Next I e-mailed the store twice with no response. I then went into the store one day to drop off a copy of the laws, Jay was behind the counter (awesome guy) and apologized to me about the situation. I apologized to Jay, saying that it never happened to me while he was working and that I know he understood where I was coming from. I have still not received any kind of response from the store and they have since had NONE of my business.

2  Thank SDhandler
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The Community Market has been a Madison staple for years. We always go here for forgotten items. They have everything we needed. One night they even had vegies and garlic bread. It completed my supper.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

I love their calzones - stuffed with whatever you want from buffalo chicken to ham & cheese. Stop and find the little items you forgot as well as Beer & Wine.

1  Thank Gary R
Reviewed 6 January 2012

they have almost anything you need for a weekend stay, sandwiches and pizza are good, staff is great

1  Thank Mary T