“Great place when in Southern NH - worth going out of your way for”
Review of Republic Cafe

Republic Cafe
Ranked #1 of 408 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Republic is a European style cafe serving lunch and dinner 7 days and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday with locally roasted coffee and a full bar.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We eat in Southern NH a lot to gather family from MA and NH, and somehow land over in Nashua. There is never a restaurant that pulls me to go on a regular basis, but I think we just found our Southern NH meeting place of choice. Republic Cafe was great. Veggies were really nice prepared (the pickled veggies are amazing). Homemade bread, and many other small Mediterranean plates that really were outstanding. Our dog came with us (tied up on the street) and everyone in the restaurant and on the streets were friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We drove 45 miles to try this restaurant based on the ratings online. We were not disappointed.
It's on the Main Street of Manchester with free parking readily available.
Some of us arrived a little early for our reservations but it was not a problem. Everyone was cordial, polite and knowledgeable.
The Mediterranean cruise was excellent and the selections were plentiful.
Although it a bit noisy due to the seating close to the bar it still made for a great meal.
Outside seating is available.
You will enjoy!

1  Thank Coop3842
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The service and menu were both excellent at Republic when we dined there last Wednesday evening. As a vegetarian who is currently dieting I am always nervous in a new city, but the server at Republic quickly put me at ease and the menu featuring an array of mezze and both cold and warm appetizers made creating a tapas-style dinner perfect. The tables inside the restaurant are a little close together, but I never felt as if I was eating on top of someone else, so the ambiance is obviously well-thought-out, as well. Couple all of this with the fact that my husband and I were able to eat a delicious dinner for $45, and I know you'll want to eat here, too!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

When we came to this restaurant thinking it might be good but not this good. My family of three started our meal sharing arancini--flavored rice balls, coated with breadcrumbs, and fried. Delicious! We also had a tasty appetizer special--cabbage leaves filed with spiced lamb salad. For the main course, two of us had lemon sole, which was served with barley, grilled fennel, and arugula (which was somewhat salty to my taste). The fish was seasoned nicely and cooked until flaky, not dry. My husband had the Moroccan red lentil stew, which contained bulgur wheat and spicy eggplant. He enjoyed it but thought it was a bit too much tomato flavor. Our server was very pleasant and efficient. Overall, we were quite impressed!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I and our friend wanted to have a night out and a good dinner. We have eaten at many of the eateries in downtown manchester but hadn't been to republic cafe since our first time a couple years ago. The inside is small but quaint and the menu is not overwhelming but a nice variety from apps to entrees. And the specials are always awesome. The food is from local farms and quality shines through in the grass fed beef / meats and fresh fish and local veggies. If you're looking for a "clean eating" restaurant this is a fantastic choice. Our server was very attentive and knowledgable with all the menus items and questions we had. Will definitely be back to republic cafe again and will be trying its sister eatery, Campo Enoteca.

1  Thank Aaron R