“Very Pleasant Night Out!!”

CJ's Great West Grill
Ranked #20 of 428 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Following the success of T-BONES, the first Cactus Jack's opened in 1995 in Manchester. In 2007, the Laconia location became New Hampshire's first dual casual dining concept - with both Cactus Jack's and T-BONES - on Lake Winnipesaukee. While it keeps up the tradition of "homemade" dishes, the look and menu at CJ's has its own style. Attentive servers are always ready to serve guests authentic Southwestern, Tex-Mex, Cajun, and barbecue dishes that are unmatched in New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 February 2018

My wife and I met up with a couple that we had not seen in a few months. They had gotten a booth in the bar before we arrived. Upon entering, the waitress was very friendly and told us about the Happy Hour specials and gave us a minute to look over drink menu. We put in our drinks and they were served within a couple of minutes. Waitress recommended a couple of appetizers, so we decided to put those in, We had the chicken quesadilla and the buffalo chicken dip. Chicken quesadillas were very stuffed and the flavor was great. The buffalo chicken dip was a little off. It had pieces of tomatoes and pieces of onions in it. It didn't taste too bad but it was weird to have the tomatoes and onions.
For meals we ordered the fajitas, Philly cheese steak wrap, CBC sandwich and a chicken special that was similar to cordon bleu. All of the meals were very enjoyable and during the time we sat and waited or were eating, the waitress was coming back to make sure that our drinks were filled or if we needed anything else.
All in all it was a great atmosphere and a good place to go for drinks, food and to meet up with old friends. We will make this a regular visit and look forward to trying more of their food and drink items.

Raquel G, Public Relations Manager at CJ's Great West Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thank you so much for trying us out! We are happy that you enjoyed your visit and appreciate the feedback on the appetizers.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

I lived in Manchester until 2001 when I moved to Florida. Before I moved this was my favorite spot for happy hour and dinner. With my paybacks card in hand i was able to earn $10 for every 100 that I spent! AWESOME.
Now, when i come back to Manchester for a visit ( a couple times a year) this is one of my must stops for dinner. There is NO where that has better Espinaca! My absolute favorite ( along with the Chicken Espinaca dinner). Everything on the menu is great and there are too many favorites to single out however that Chicken Espinaca is amazing. Don't miss this spot! a favorite for me for over 20 years,e even though I no longer live in Manchvegas!

Raquel G, Public Relations Manager at CJ's Great West Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

We are so happy to hear that you still come and visit whenever you are in Manchvegas! :)

Reviewed 24 October 2017

After a long flight from the 'left coast' Cactus Jack's was a great choice, less than a mile down the road from the Holiday Inn Express. The service was prompt and there were plenty of choices to please everyone. The waitress was kind enough to make some suggestions and she was 'spot on'. This restaurant is great for a casual dinner while in Manchester.

Thank you traveler! We hope, if you are in town again, you will come see us! :)

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Went with spouse. Very hungry after day of travel. I don`t like Mexican food , but figured there would be something on the menu for me. Wife like Mexican food.
Went with burger- How would you like that cooked? Medium
It showed up raw! I took couple bites round the edge and gave up. the FF had so much salt on them I passed on eating more than a few.
How was your meal, waitress asks. I say nicely ( my wife was watching) that you should tell the cook this ain`t medium. But never asked for it to be returned or cooked more, was just happy to get the bill and get out
At this point I cared not and just enjoyed my beer. Oh Yea- there are no beer prices on the menu and the waitress did not know either - OK get me a Bud- as told her I liked cheap beer. She comes back later and asks if I want another cheap beer? I said
neither of us knows if it`s cheap.
I never complained or said anything more.
Manager appears at table and advised that she removed the hamburger from bill and gave me a$20.00 gift certificate. Nice. I won`t use it , but spouse may
So no repeat for me- if you can`t cook a burger- give up!
Yet smart of them to realize it

Nicole B, Guest Relations Manager at CJ's Great West Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Hello IIerdon,

I'm sorry to read your review and hear that you had such a poor experience while dining with us. I’m 100% positive that the manager that spoke with you and your wife shared your feedback with the cook and server and will address the issues.

I’m hoping that you are willing to join us again in the future with the gift card that you received, as we certainly are not always perfect, but do our absolute best to correct any issues.

If you'd like to talk further, please do reach out to me at Nicole.Barreira@GreatNHRestaurants.com

Nicole Barreira
Great NH Restaurants, Inc.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

This is a place I frequent and have written one positive review in years past.

I felt like my experience was addressed but not attended to in terms of the staff. That is why I'm writing this as I know someone will be reading it and it will be discussed.

We called ahead which is a great service they provide, when it works. This time it was not bad, we still waited about 15 minutes but that was no big deal. It was a busy Saturday night.

We were sat in the lounge, party of 5. Our server left us with 4 menu's and didn't explain she was going to grab another, she just sort of disappeared. She returned and took our drink order. She was pleasant all the way through the meal.

We ordered appetizers and meals at the same time and then we waited....waited....waited... it was like she vanished! When she came back with them 25 minutes later with our app, all of the dips were cold, the cheese had start to gel. Needless to say we were less than impressed but it was a long day and we were starved so we ate it because again she vanished for another 15 minutes at least. When she returned, I told her about the appetizer and said it was cold and we were not happy about it. She asked if I wanted another, I said no because by now our food should be here and it would just be weird plus we ate 1/2 of it despite its temp because again we were hungry.

The food comes. My daughters mac n cheese, 2/3 COLD! My wife's pulled pork sandwich was ordered with no onions, it had onions. My buffalo chicken tender platter came with 6, thumb sized chicken fingers. This platter is $14 I believe. It normally has 9-10 large ones.. i know because I frequent the restaurant.

I again had to complain. I ate my meal and stirred my daughters cold with the warm but my wife cannot eat onions. So she sat for 20 additional minutes to get a new sandwich.

The manager took off the mac, the pork sandwich and the app. She was nice, gave us a gift card to return. My issue, there is clearly something totally off because this is not the CJ's I know! Your waitstaff is understaffed, or needs better training, your line cook/s must be filling in or not trained on your standards. Please deal with it. Honestly my experience was so bad, I felt cheated that I paid $74 with a tip! That's with you taking $30 off my bill. That was a first for me, normally it would be enough.

I hope the management reviews this and takes my honest account and criticism seriously. Bad days do happen, and hopefully this was just one. However - if this is your Saturday night problem....that's just unacceptable.

1  Thank Tripking07

Hello,

I’m sorry that you and your guests had such a poor experience with us during this visit. As you know, this certainly is not our standard nor is poor service or poor food quality something we are ok with.

I’m glad to hear that the manager attempted to make your experience better and I can promise you that the management at CJ’s addressed the service and food issues by coaching the staff.

Thank you for making us aware of the experience. I’m confident that when you join us again you will see this experience as an isolated incident and once again enjoy CJ’s as you had in past visits ☺ Have a great week.

Nicole Barreira
Great NH Restaurants, Inc.