Ash Street Inn
US$173
US$127
US$116
US$124
Comfort Inn Airport(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$102
US$96
  • Breakfast included
US$136
Homewood
US$129
Quality Inn Manchester Airport(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$99
QualityInn
All reviewscurrier museumbed and breakfastthought of everythinglip balmmade to order breakfastzimmerman houseevery amenitystained glasshouse is beautifulpumpkin pancakesmodern amenitiesgas fireplacebreakfast was deliciousmakeup removerwonderful hostsfour poster bedgluten free muffins
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Ash Street Inn is a different kind of B&B. Very updated - wifi that really was accessible within the room, a flat screen tv with satellite tv, and even a remote-controlled fireplace. The rooms were well decorated and well-thought out. Luxurious bathroom with its own heater! Most B&B's are places where the owners have a fixed idea of what your relaxing weekend should be and try their best to force you into that mold. While the owners at ASI were ready to provide such a weekend if we desired, they were also very easy going, accomodating, and never overbearing. Very friendly! Our whopping breakfast in the morning put us down for a nap, but we were back and ready to tackle the armada of snacks complete with a magically replenishing pile of tasty baked goods, fruits, and refreshments beckoning us from the common room...would definitely come back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I know Manchester, New Hampshire is not a "destination" city, but the Ash Street Inn should make it one. I was visiting my sister, who lives near Manchester, and she suggested the Ash Street Inn. The Inn is exquisite, filled with beautiful antiques and artwork. The bedrooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable, and equipped with every amenity you can imagine. Forget your toothpaste? There's a tube on the bathroom shelf. Make-up remover packets (to protect the luxurious towels), a robe so elegant and cozy that I purchased one for myself and a separate heater in the bathroom to warm up the place before your shower make this a room you never want to leave. The breakfasts are delicious and made to order by Eric, the owner, an intelligent, low-keyed and attentive host. I have spent many nights in many B & Bs, here and in Europe, and the Ash Street Inn is at the top of my list.
Elizabeth J.
NYC

Room Tip: The first floor rooms have fireplaces.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Ash Street Inn for one night before an early fight to CA the next morning. We're not B&B aficionados--they're usually too fussy for us, and often the conviviality at breakfast feels forced. What a delight to find the elegant Ash Street Inn. The decor is faithful to the period but understated and sophisticated. The room we stayed in was spacious and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was wonderful--and included a magnifying mirror!

We left too early for breakfast but Eric Johnston, the gracious and charming innkeeper, offered to get up early and make us anything we wanted. We declined his offer, but he was in the kitchen when we departed. Though we did not take advantage of it, we liked the set up in the dining area. Instead of one table, the room was set up with several tables for four making privacy possible if desired. We did take advantage of the excellent individually brewed cups of coffee, and, at Eric's insistence, took a second cup with us.

We highly recommend this inn for anyone traveling in New England or doing business in Manchester.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bnelcom
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Eric was an excellent host who provided a very relaxed atmosphere with excellent breakfast. Our room was lovely in a quiet side street, about one minutes walk from the Currier Gallery and ten minutes stroll down to Main Street in the evenings.
Homemade cookies and fresh coffee, juice and water were always available during the day. Eric's pancakes are superb and he's happy to share his recipe and method.

We had a lovely two night stay and would thoroughly recommend this as a great place to stay in Manchester. It was surprisingly well located and as a UK driver, I found it really easy to get to and leave. Of all our accomodation in New England this is the one I found most relaxing.

Wi-fi available in the bedroom with a good connection.

Room Tip: We had 207 which had a lovely alcove with the writing desk which let the light flood in through coloured windows. Views at the inn are all of suburban buildings but this room had a great bathroom, was on a corner, so quiet and wasn't overlooked. I'd choose this one again.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MycroftAllan
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I just got back from a fall foliage weekend with 2 friends. We were lucky enough to stay at the Ash Street Inn for 2 nights. As the other reviews have mentioned, everything is top rate here. The inn is immaculate and the rooms envelop you - they are cozy and warm in character but not cutesy and flowery like some inns. They are upscale and filled with antiques - those things may not seem to go together but they do here. There is wifi so you have that convenience anywhere in the inn.

The bed was so comfortable - triple sheeted and the right combination of covers and great pillows. The bathroom was large with a great tall shower (I have issues with short showerheads in some places) and, again, immaculate (can't stress that enough, in my opinion).

Breakfast was delicious - Eric whips up a delicate and delicious pancake, in my case filled with fresh blueberries. They were so good I had them both days. The refrigerator is stocked with water, juice and soda for you to help yourself whenever you want, and there are little baskets of snacks upstairs and down. The keurig coffeemaker is also available at all times.

Eric is a great host and very organized! He always had a good restaurant recommendation and provided detailed directions. Even when I asked for directions back to the airport, he instantly printed out the detailed instructions, including where to turn if you had to return a rental car.

I would never stay anywhere else if I went to Manchester and if you are planning a trip there for business or pleasure, all I can say is STAY HERE. Look no further.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends