“It must be said”
Review of Ash Street Inn

Ash Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Manchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I enjoyed our stay in Manchester at the Ash Street Inn. The home was lovely and the food was good. The host was amiable to a point, but I felt that he might have needed a vacation from his own property. The room 208 was well appointed and the bathroom was lovely, but must tell you that the bed was like sleeping on granite.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 02bwiser

Reviewed 21 August 2013

In Manchester just for a night, I was looking for a place to spend the night within walking distance to the Verizon Center. My luck immediately turned as soon as I discovered the immaculate, grand dame Ash Street Inn. It's the only bed and breakfast in Manchester, I can't imagine why one would spend the night anywhere else. Eric, our innkeeper, greeted us when we arrived and made us feel right at home in his 1885 Victorian home, restored to full glory. If what sets a wonderful bed and breakfast apart from the motels and hotels of the world is a gracious host and attention to details, then the Ash Street Inn has that covered. In the room, comfortable robes and a large bathroom filled with toiletries expected and unexpected (lip balm!), mints and snacks set out upstairs and down, an incredibly comfortable pillow-top bed, stained glass over my in-room desk, beautiful antiques, and a gracious parlor make guests feel treated and taken care of. 21st century amenities such as satellite TVs, high speed Internet, and online reservations are par for the course. To top off an most restful night's sleep, Eric prepares a wonderful breakfast made to order, and his omelettes are outstanding.

Sure, you'll pay just a little bit more to stay here when in Manchester, as opposed to some chain motel by the highway, but a little bit more for a lot more comfort and hospitality is money very well spent. You'll be very glad that you did. As far as I'm concerned, I can't imagine staying anywhere else next time I'm in Manchester, and I'll be sure to recommend it to my friends and family who often travel here for the shopping and concerts.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank snowyknoll
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We have stayed at Ash Street Inn the first week in August for several years while we attend antique shows during NH Antiques Week. Our stay has always been terrific with comfortable rooms, a common living room and wide front porch to have a glass of wine and talk with other visitors. The breakfast is perfect, cooked to order by Eric, the innkeeper.
Eric and his wife, Darlene, are helpful, congenial, friendly and knowledgeable about the area. They can readily suggest just the right restaurant for a pleasant dinner.
we highly recommend this B&B for your Manchester stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are equipped the same and approximately the same size. Each is equally very comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed there this weekend, spent a single night at the Inn. The room was nice appointed and had everything we needed. The breakfast was great and made to order The owners were quite friendly and spend awhile talking to us about renovating the property an owning an Inn. The B&B is highly recommended and in close proximity to most local attractions. The website photos were accurate and represented the rooms and Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JPGII
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My husband and I stayed in this beautiful B&B and can't wait to go back! We went away for one night as we celebrated a vow renewal after 10 years of marriage. We felt so at home there! Comfortable, relaxing, classy and the Innkeeper very kind and makes an amazing breakfast! Honestly, best pancakes I ever had! This place has everything you need! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 10 May 2013

My husband and I enjoy our staying in this old, historically beautiful renovated home. We felt we were living in another time. Antique furniture mixed with contemporary; luxurious linens and towels. Our first bed was a bit to firm for our tastes, however Eric quickly moved us to another room which was comfortable!
Eric was very skilled making our delicious breakfast!! (the blueberry pancakes are so yummy...)!

Eric tries his best to be warm and inviting, however, there are times when he comes off cold.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2013

You walk in, greeted by the owner, and are enveloped in Victorian beauty everywhere. He and his wife have taken a beaten up sagging house right back to its glory when it was first built, with a bit of modern luxury, like wifi and a computer set up ready to use. My room was on the first floor with a love seat right in front of a gas fireplace that glowed warm coals while I read, all wrapped in up their designer robes.

My bed was luxurious, with down comforter, and pillows. And I slept very well. At breakfast they catered to my need to be gluten and lactose free with fresh fruit, gluten free raisin cinnamon bread, bacon cooked perfectly, and omelet stuffed with goodies.

As I left for the day, I was given some gluten free cookies to eat later!

A real treat to stay here. And while you are in Manchester, do go see the latest at the Currier Museum, right around the corner, and then visit their Frank Lloyd Wright house. Have dinner at the Cotton in amongst all the tall historic brick former cotton mills.

You will want to return and enjoy this trip again!

Room Tip: There are only 5 and they are all wonderful. Take one with the fireplace.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CBatesVT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester
Super 8 Manchester Airport
Super 8 Manchester Airport
#14 of 16 in Manchester

Been to Ash Street Inn? Share your experiences!