“paper thin walls and hammocks for beds.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
new york, ny
“paper thin walls and hammocks for beds.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

The title says it all... This hotel has paper thin walls and hammocks for beds.

I was awakened by the couple next door at 1:00AM - they had just come in and were only talking (no tv... no loud music), but I could hear and understand every word. The talking soon turned to frolic which ended quickly but resumed again at 4:30AM. Again you could hear every bump and squeak.

When I finally got out of bed my back ached from sleeping in the hammock they called a bed.

This place is 2-stars on its’ best day..... but know that Hotwire and Expedia rate it higher.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank robsyr
sryanhiexpress, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. We apologize for not meeting your expectations. Since your comments are noise we would like you to contact us regarding which room you were in so we can appropriate action to correct the issue. We take comments and suggestions from our guests very seriously as they help us make improvement to future experiences.

We assure you, if you stay with us again your next visit will be a positive one. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Sean Ryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
raynham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

nice management team , excellent continental breakfast and clean rooms . all i could ask for in a moderately priced hotel. would visit again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
hiexpressnh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
I am glad to hear you enjoyed our property. Thank you for taking time to share your sentiments. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Bella Vista, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

This HIE was a block or two off of the main street but still within walking distance to a few restaurants or even the mall if crossing the highway didn't scare you off (it did me). Front desk staff Becky seemed a little cold at first, but later in the evening and then the next day she was friendly and outgoing and even smiled once or twice.

Rooms are adequate with sufficient power outlets. Desk chair was a little uncomfortable for working, would've preferred something with a little more back support. Bed was surprisingly hard. For some reason I thought HIE used pillow-tops.

The big surprise was the manager's reception held on Wednesday nights. While I never actually saw a manager there...(?)... they did have a great chicken parm, salad, and bread free of charge for guests. The only thing that might have really made that nice would be if they offered soft drinks and maybe cookies. I'd even pay for a cold beer if they had one on tap.

Still, hard to complain about something that was free. I'm platinum at priority club and would probably stay again -- although I might give the full service HI a try first to see if it's any nicer.

Oh... and why doesn't the Lodgenet iPhone app work with Lodgenet in this hotel?

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
hiexpressnh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your experience about the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the layout and build of the hotel. Certainly your comfort while sleeping is one of our top priorities I am sorry you encountered a "hard" bed, we do use a Serta Presidental Sleeper Pillow Top mattress. I am sorry myself or my Sales Manager missed you during our Managers reception, but am happy to hear you enjoyed the meal.
We certainly appreciate you choosing us to stay while in Manchester, and look forward to welcoming you back. By the time you return we will have installed 75 HD channels to enjoy on the beautiful 37" LCD TV's.
Please feel free to reach out to address any of your concerns.
Manchester NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I travel into Manchester all the time for business. Used to live in the area. Usually when I come in I stay downtown at the Hilton Garden but decided to try a different hotel. (See my review of my experience on the Hilton Garden) I found the Holiday Inn Express comfortable and clean. Ok so it isn't the Park Plaza but I was only in town on business and not trying to create a romantic getaway.

I found the staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast was just enough to get me going (ok I still got my dunkins... I'm still a New Englander!) But overall I would definitely recommend this hotel over some others in town.

Room Tip: Really research the locations of the hotels in Manchester. Pick wrong and you could either be on a...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
I am glad to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated Gem. We have revamped and renovated the property to give a great guest appearance and I am personally glad you enjoyed our hospitality.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

Recent stay for Christmas shopping. The location was perfect, room was clean and the front desk staff was welcoming. Breakfast was included which is helpful. I will go back.

Room Tip: Pets are allowed on the bottom floors. I did not bring a pet and I am not usually a fan of pet fri...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for noticing the hard work our team does to keep up the hotel. Our housekeepers sometimes go unnoticed, and we appreciate the kind words.
Look forward to seeing you soon!
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

we flew into Manchester late and had to leave early a week latter. The rooms were typical holiday inn express, roomy enough. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Good place if you need to be close to the airport.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the main highway
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for noticing how convenient our location is to Manchester and the Airport as well. Our complimentary 24-hour shuttle service can get you where you want to go in the local area. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Stayed 1 night after flying in from the UK
Second room given clean, girl on front desk was a bit harresed when we arrived but was very pleasent.
Room OK and clean