“Comfort and Value.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I'm not here for any other reason except that Manchester happens to be mid-way between our last primary destination and the next. To the surprise of many, I often stay at Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express. Quite simply the reason is, when my core need is for a reliable and predictable experience and a good night of sleep, I find the HIE brand in particular delivers.

The amenities are not fussy nor five star; but are clean, comfortable and functional. The room is as quiet as at any hotel if not more so than at some, and the staff are very friendly. The beds and pillows at HIE seem to be of a consistent comfort and quality from property to property, a lesson a so called 5-Star luxury hotel in Boston could learn from HIE! (the Liberty...see my review; I'd gladly rather have slept here!!)

The dining is not gourmet nor is that a need for this stay. The breakfast, such as it is, is included and is at least terribly convenient and is certainly no worse than the fast-food drive-thru breakfast I might otherwise pick up under the circumstances. In fact the availability of healthier options yogurt, fresh oranges and bananas, and boiled eggs is a welcome surprise, along side an assortment of cereal, milk, coffee, tea, juices, a variety of breads and baked goods, sausage patties, cinnamon buns, a pre made omelette of sorts and a pancake making machine amuses kids. My restaurant grading of "very good" is based on the free breakfast only and is in comparison to the standard for this brand and my experience at other HIEs, not in comparison to the likes of a full service chain restaurant. The general quality and value of breakfast is comparable with fast food.

This location meets my expectations, offering adequate comfort and great value for the money. I certainly recommend giving an HIE a chance.

Coincidentally and unexpectedly while searching for dinner options we found the Red Arrow Diner, as seen on the TV show Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, just a short and fairly direct 10 min drive from the hotel. Classic diner food, 24-7. (see my review here on TA).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Mark T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

We certainly appreciate the feedback on our hotel and particularly the breakfast. Our staff strives to provide not only a consistent product, but strong customer service. I will make sure to tell them that they exceeded your expectations. We welcome you back on your next trip to the Manchester area.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The hotel was clean and staff was friendly. Breakfast was better than what you get with most places with a complimentary breakfast.

Manager on duty on Saturday night was very friendly and recommended a very nice seafood restaurant for us.

Overall, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

We appreciate you spending the time to review our property! Manchester is a great place for dining and I am glad that you got to experience one of our many restaurants. The staff is always happy to assist our guests in making their stay the most comfortable. Please join us back soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

very quiet room with a pond view from our window. the bed were so clean and comfortable that help relieve our traveling stress. very convenient location and helpful staff is a plus. will definetely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Mark T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

We are so happy that enjoyed our hotel while staying in Manchester! We certainly hope that you got the rest you needed on your trip with us. Remember us next time your back in the area as we would be happy to serve you again soon. Thanks for spending the time reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

What can I say, the Hotel is very clean and they have great rates with being so close to the ocean, the track and the shopping for the girls. The staff was so nice and helpful. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Good location, close to interstate and local restaurants
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Location certainly is one of the best features about the Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport. We are not only close to the beach, but less than 10 minutes from the airport. We are short drive to the White Mountains too! I am glad that you got to enjoy our hotel and certainly will share you review with the team. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We normally stay at the Holiday Inn Express when flying out of Manchester Airport. The price is right, the location ideal, and the breakfast is good and plentiful. We've stayed there three or four times and have never been disappointed. If you are looking for really upscale, you should look somewhere else. However, here the rooms are clean and the service excellent. Recommended for air travelers in and out of MHT.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

We are always happy to provide a clean room and a happy face for all our guests. We value your patronage to our hotel and cannot wait to serve you again. I want to also thank you for taking the time to review us too as we understand the time it takes to do so. Thank you for staying at our hotel we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

There's a Seinfeld episode in which Jerry explains to a rental car clerk that the key part of the reservation process is actually having a car for the customer. The staff at this hotel needs to be reminded that the most important part of a room reservation is actually having a room for the customer.

I travel a fair amount on business and I think I have the reserving a room protocol down-- you let the hotel know if you are going arrive late and secure the room with a credit card. I did this as a I booked a room directly with this hotel.

When I arrived and the Manchester Airport around midnight and called to get shuttled in, I was told they were booked up and did not have a room for me. At first I was informed that they didn't have record of my reservation, but when I gave them my confirmation number the story changed to that while they did have a reservation, it had been cancelled. No satisfactory explanation as to why was offered.

In fairness I need to mention that they did get me a room at another property they own in Manchester, but this was a less than optimal solution as I had given the Holiday Inn Express address to my office for some last minute mailings and arranged to be picked up there for some early appointments the next day. And the substitute hotel did not offer all amenities the HIE did.

If you're really counting on having a room when you arrive, as I was, I suggest booking elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank David J

Our hotel strives to be 100% customer service friendly with all our guests. I certainly apologize for not meeting your expectations. I am glad that even though your reservation was not at our hotel that you had a pleasant experience at our other Holiday Inn location. Please feel free to reach out to me, Mark Turgeon, Operations Manager, at 603-669-6800 to discuss this further.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed two nights during a dog competition. Staff was friendly & helpful. Breakfast starts at 7am ,which is the same time I needed to be at the dog event. Staff provided breakfast bags filled with pastry/ fruit & coffee /tea was also available to take along. I felt that was very thoughtful.
My room was clean & quite even though it faced the highway. Hotel is within a short drive to the mall & numerous eateries. There's a small gym, pool, & sauna pool available FOR ADULTS !!
My only complaint I have is that the hotel doesn't enforce their pool rules. If the rules state NO CHILDREN UNDER 18 ALLOWED in pool & NO DIVING ALLOWED, then the rules should be followed through. I witnessed two girls under 18 diving in the 5 foot pool! That's dangerous !!
Aside from the pool incident..........I would stay here again. Very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Get 2nd floor room if your a light sleeper. Avoid rooms across pool if hotel doesn't enforce r...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The breakfast certainly is one of the highlights of staying at our property. I am happy you also got to enjoy the hotel at the facility. We certainly do strive to provide a comfortable environment for all guests. I will pass along your advice regarding the pool rules to my management team. Hope to see you back at our hotel soon on your next trip to Manchester.