I'm not here for any other reason except that Manchester happens to be mid-way between our last primary destination and the next. To the surprise of many, I often stay at Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express. Quite simply the reason is, when my core need is for a reliable and predictable experience and a good night of sleep, I find the HIE brand in particular delivers.
The amenities are not fussy nor five star; but are clean, comfortable and functional. The room is as quiet as at any hotel if not more so than at some, and the staff are very friendly. The beds and pillows at HIE seem to be of a consistent comfort and quality from property to property, a lesson a so called 5-Star luxury hotel in Boston could learn from HIE! (the Liberty...see my review; I'd gladly rather have slept here!!)
The dining is not gourmet nor is that a need for this stay. The breakfast, such as it is, is included and is at least terribly convenient and is certainly no worse than the fast-food drive-thru breakfast I might otherwise pick up under the circumstances. In fact the availability of healthier options yogurt, fresh oranges and bananas, and boiled eggs is a welcome surprise, along side an assortment of cereal, milk, coffee, tea, juices, a variety of breads and baked goods, sausage patties, cinnamon buns, a pre made omelette of sorts and a pancake making machine amuses kids. My restaurant grading of "very good" is based on the free breakfast only and is in comparison to the standard for this brand and my experience at other HIEs, not in comparison to the likes of a full service chain restaurant. The general quality and value of breakfast is comparable with fast food.
This location meets my expectations, offering adequate comfort and great value for the money. I certainly recommend giving an HIE a chance.
Coincidentally and unexpectedly while searching for dinner options we found the Red Arrow Diner, as seen on the TV show Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, just a short and fairly direct 10 min drive from the hotel. Classic diner food, 24-7. (see my review here on TA).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly remodeled hotel featuring a complimentary hot breakfast, airport shuttle, updated business center, indoor pool and fitness center. Our spacious rooms feature wireless high speed internet, a refrigerator and a 37" high definition television with a premium channel package. You'll experience outstanding service and a convenient location. The hotel's setting in Manchester, NH is just two miles from Boston Manchester Regional Airport (MHT), which can be easily accessed using the hotel's complimentary shuttle service. Manchester is home to the New Hampshire headquarters of both Citizens Bank & Bank of America located downtown along with the Verizon Wireless Arena, a popular concert venue, and a number of unique restaurants and shops. Enjoy tax free shopping at the Mall of NH, adjacent to the hotel along with a number of restaurants. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport is your smart choice when staying in Manchester, NH. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, you will find the things that are most important to you are easily accessible thanks to our central location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Manchester Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester
- Holiday Inn Manchester
- Manchester Holiday Inn