“Great Hotel & Excellent Service”

Holiday Inn Manchester Airport
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Lewiston, Maine
“Great Hotel & Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the weekend of a large Hockey tournament, but despite the crowd the atmosphere was comfortable and quiet. The room was clean and exceeded expectations, especially for the great rate we received. The only potential downside of our stay was minor vehicle damage that was outside of the hotel's control. When contacted about the damage, the hotel's staff and specifically the General Manager Jade were incredibly kind, understanding and generous in helping to resolve this issue. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone when in the Manchester area!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Angela T, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport. I am so glad to hear that a potentially poor experience turned out to be a good one! When we have a large group at the hotel, our incredible staff puts in the extra effort to ensure each and every guest has an amazing experience. I am so sorry to learn of your incident in the parking lot. Our staff will always try to remedy each and every situation to the best of our abilities, and it seems that our General Manager, Jade Stringfellow did just that. We would be happy to have you stay with us again so that we can uphold the quality that you have come to expect at The Holiday Inn Manchester Airport.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I had an extra night's layover and was assigned to the Holiday Inn by Southwest Airlines. I had to get up early the next morning (3:30 AM) to catch my early flight. My room was on the 4th floor by the elevator. The loud "bing" each time the elevator would arrive on the floor kept me up much later than I desired. Now I know why the room was set up for the hearing impaired. Also, there was a youth hockey team in the hotel, which was noisy. It seemed like the coach didn't want to be responsible and the parents acted like it was OK to ride luggage carts or play carpet hockey in the hallway. I know the staff tried to curtail the problem, but nothing seemed to work. That being said, the room was quite nice and the amenities were fine. I just wish I would have been assigned to a room away from the elevator (Maybe revenue from the airline was low which provided me with a poor room.) on a floor without youth athletes.

Room Tip: With thin walls and a noisy elevator, ask for a room far away.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeff H
HI_DOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear that the noise from the elevator prevented you from getting a good night sleep after what sounds like a long travel day. That weekend was very busy at the hotel, there was a large tournament taking place in the area in addition to the flight cancellations. Typically, we try to keep teams together so that the children don't disrupt our other guests. Unfortunately, due to the high occupancies, it sounds like you were assigned you one of the last rooms we had available. It is our top priority to provide our valued guests with a comfortable room and a good night's sleep, I am so sorry that we didn’t achieve this. If you find yourself back in Manchester, NH, I hope you will consider giving us another try.
Warsaw, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

The staff was great and recommended us to a great near by restaurant, Hooked Seafood, which was a great way to say goodbye to the east coast. We were able to drop off rental and take shuttle back to the hotel. Also, great wake up call to get us up and on their shuttle to the airport for our flight back to Chicago. The room was clean and beds comfortable. If you are driving here, it is a little screwy on how you get to and from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Angela T, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
I’m so happy that you found our recommendation appeasing! Hooked is a great local restaurant that we recommend often. With the development of the new access road to the Manchester Boston Regional Airport finding our hotel has become a little more challenging. Please keep in mind that you can always call the hotel directly with any questions and we will be happy to guide you to us. Thank you for your stay, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip into the East Coast!
WHITE MTS NEW HAMPSHIRE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

My wife and I found this motel a few years ago,and have stayed here ever since when we fly.Besides being a great motel,we don't have to worry about parking,as the shuttle takes us right to the airport.There's also a super diner connected to the motel open 'till 12am.LARGE SERVINGS.Beds are firm with 4 pillows,nice HOT water,elevator,morning coffee,free paper.WOW!.Amanda was helpful with directions to the motel after I was givin'WRONG directions.She was a real pro,as was the entire staff.We plan on staying here next year as well.When something works,you stay with it.Thanx to all david/Cheryl Sargent Date of stay was 9/17/2013 and 10/2/2013

Room Tip: Motel is in a nice area,a/c,restaurant next door,vending,laundry
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PUPPYPUP
We appreciate your review and your continued loyalty to our hotel. I apologize for the incorrect directions you were given, but am so glad that you finally found us with the help of Amanda! She is a wonderful associate and is often recognized for it. We look forward to seeing you again soon and we ensure that all of the amenities you have come to love are awaiting you!
Lake City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We needed a place close to the airport in Manchester. This Holiday Inn filled the bill nicely. The front desk clerk was very friendly upon check in. They had cookies out for guests and a USA Today also. My only complaint would be the slow elevator. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. They offer a shuttle to the airport, but we had a car, so we did not take advantage of that. We chose the option to purchase breakfast when we made our reservation. There is a diner attached and I would highly recommend it. I have never had such huge servings in my life. I could not eat half of what I was served for breakfast. The business center is small with only one computer, but it was quick in printing our boarding passes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, away from the busy street.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travlingal51
Angela T, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Reserving the Best for Breakfast package which includes a $20 voucher for our on-site restaurant, the Airport Diner, was a great choice! They have delicious food and, as you stated, very large portions. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next stay.
Saint John
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

i was very pleased with my stay at this hotel
rooms were bright and clean and big
the staff was great and i would stay there again
there is a wonderful dinner next to the hotel and the food was good.
there is also a free shuttle to take you to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your gracious comments about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport. We hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.
Meridian, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I always check out trip advisor before I book anything online. They have always been "right on it". However; this time I was very disappointed. My husband and I had just gotten in from a long, all day flight. We were checked in with no problem by a lovely, and very helpful attendant. When we got to our room #127, the smell was terrible. It was an overpowering, stale cigarette smell, covered up with a cheap, woodsy men's cologne. The room smelled like it had been closed up for a while. I told the lady at the desk about the smell, and she sent housekeeping in to spray a neutralizer. That just added to the smells.. I asked about another room, and she said there wasn't any more available. The room was clean..the furnishings was very outdated, and needs to be freshened up. I can live with that...but nasty smells are hard for me to tolerate. This was a bad start to our wonderful vacation!

Room Tip: Tell them about bad reviews, and ask what kind of room you might expect to get. See if any have been...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nancy D
Angela T, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback about our hotel. I agree, TripAdvisor is a valuable resource for a traveler when planning a trip, and a great way for us to learn of an area of improvement. It is unfortunate when our non-smoking policy is violated by our guests, but what is more upsetting is that our housekeeping staff did not catch it. I was the guest service agent that took care of you that night and remember this well. I was unfortunately unable to move your room due to the full hotel, and I am very sad to hear that the neutralizer did not take care of the problem. Knowing that now, I am glad that I was able to discount your room that night, so at the very least, you did not have to pay full price for a room that wasn’t up to standard. Again, I am so sorry that you left this property with the impression that you did. I would like to invite you back after our upcoming renovation is complete so that you can have fresh, new perspective of our hotel.