We've stayed at other Homewood Suites in our travels and have been very pleased. The accommodations here were very good and the bed was great. Unfortunately we reserved a king but were given doubles and told that's all they had because they were full. We got there around 4:00 so it wasn't a late arrival by any means. We called the hotel from the airport for the shuttle and were told it would be a 10-15 minute wait. Over 30 minutes later the driver finally showed up. We called the hotel once wondering if we'd been forgotten. I was amazed that no one apologized for the long wait in the sweltering heat that day. (You have to wait outside for the van and it was an unusually hot and humid day in the 90s). Back at the hotel no one bothered to apologize for the very long wait either. There was only one person working the front desk and every time we looked people were waiting in line to be helped. It seemed odd that at the height of vacation season and from 4-7 pm we only saw one person working the desk. I was very hungry and looking forward to supper, only to find it was bratwurst and 3 alarm chili, which I was unable to eat. I was able to eat a small dinner salad, however, and grabbed an apple to eat in the room. Unfortunately, the apple was way past it's prime and was very soft with several rotten places inside so I was not able to eat much of it. They did have some cookies later on at the front desk which was a life saver for me since I was still hungry. Two tickets were handed out to eat guest for beer or wine served in tiny plastic glasses. I don't drink but I just noticed the difference here because other Homewood Suites where we've stayed didn't put a limit on those.
The first glass I picked up to use was broken with a sharp jagged edge on it. The second one was better but when I got water from the dispenser on the counter a small bug was in it. I gave up at that point. I noticed several gnats flying around the drink dispenser so I imagine that's what caused the bug in the water.
The TV guide in our room showed no major networks available which seemed very strange. We watched a few lesser known channels before turning off the tv to read. Everything was very clean and well kept in the room, however, and the small kitchenette even had a few bags of popcorn that you could pop in the microwave.
All things considered, we would probably opt to stayed at the Fairfield Inn across the street the next time we fly into Manchester.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located just minutes from the Manchester Airport, the Homewood Suites by Hilton(R) Manchester/Airport hotel in New Hampshire is the ideal second home for business and leisure travelers. Give us a call from the airport and our complimentary 24-hour shuttle will arrive quickly to transport you to our comfortable and welcoming pet-friendly hotel. If you're flying out, our Park and Fly Package makes it convenient to stay with us before or after your flight, get a good night's rest, and skip the airport traffic and parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Manchester/Airport Hotel Manchester
- Homewood Suites Manchester
- Homewood Manchester
- Manchester Homewood Suites