“Skip it”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is not Cajun or Louisiana cooking. We started with a bowl gumbo and it had a huge clump of rue in it. Yes, a big clump of flour and oil raw, yuck.The gumbo had no flavor. If you ever ate Border Cafe, they know how to make gumbo. If you have a restaurant named Nawlin's, you should make a mean gumbo and they don;t have it. The appetizer,Bayou Blue chips were edible but soggy. The Blacken chicken salad had dried out chicken was fresh but iceberg lettuce. It was lacking in flavor and presentation. A dish we never had before was Muffaletta. It contained cold cuts with olive salad. The meat might have been flavorful but we will never know, due to the overpowering taste of pimento.The Voodoo Burger was nothing special either. Service was poor to say the least.No one was in the restaurant and yet we had to wait for everything. Prices were not cheap.Appetizers $7 up, burger $10, salad $11, and most other dishes are $17 and up. I say skip this restaurant.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I almost want to leave a 1 star reveiew because our waitress was so rude but the food was good. I might not go back because the waitress was so awful.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

i have tried a couple of times to get tripadvisor to change the name of this restaurant....to no avail. the rouge grille has been closed for some time , and the location is noe a cajun/creole restaurant

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I ate here with a friend last night after finding my first choice too full to get in. We sat at the bar which was nice, very long with plenty of room. It was not overly busy but not empty either. Our server was fast, efficient and very friendly. The drinks were top notch and tasty. I ordered the buffalo chicken dip which was very tasty followed by the haddock Ruben also very good. I know this restaurant was billed as marketed toward women but I would not let that deter men form trying it. I am looking forward to checking them out again.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Lucked out on a Sunday when they are normally closed and attended one of their monthly local fundraisers whereby they donate proceeds from the evening to the charity- this time for Girls, Inc. Started with house wines - all certainly acceptable. For an appetizer, we ordered the curry broth mussels and calamari that are absolutely the best!! Maybe even better than Hooked's mussels and calamari? I shared the fish tacos and fish and chips - both were hot and fresh! The peanut butter pie for dessert was not that great and could have been fresher.