“Stadium itself is great but the Sam Adams restaurant not so much”

Northeast Delta Dental Stadium
Ranked #4 of 34 things to do in Manchester
Springfield, Vermont
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Stadium itself is great but the Sam Adams restaurant not so much”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My family loves to take yearly trips to see the NH Fishercats play. This year we decided to get to the stadium a little early and eat at the Samuel Adams bar and grill that is right at the stadium. I wish we hadn't. The service was extremely slow. The drink cups were small and the waitress never came back to ask if we wanted more. We actually had to ask for refills and the bill at the same time! A manager type person brought our food and my daughter had ordered onion rings but was given fries. When I asked the manager he said my son must have received her onion rings and for them to switch plates. I pointed out that my son had also asked for onion rings and not fries. The manager then looked put off and said he would just bring us more onion rings. He made us feel like we had messed up. Then when he brought the onion ings out he just put them down and walked away. Luckily our food other than that was ok because no one checked on us again. The waitress came and started taking our plates off the table which was great except she also took my daughters plate and my daughter was still eating! I had to ask her for it back. We love the Fishercats and we will definitely be back but next time we'll just eat at one of the other vendors.

1 Thank KDKS519

new hampshire
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Great place to see a game!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We have been here several times. Each time has been a fun experience. Our most recent visit was a last minute decision to attend a game. We decided to go the morning of the game. Got great seats just a few rows behind the visiting team's dugout. The stadium is very clean, staff is friendly and the activities between innings are family friendly. Fireworks at the end of the game was the perfect ending to a perfect night. Highly recommend this venue for a minor league game. We'll be back next summer!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Clean, fun field”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

A great place for family, friends, or a date night. Cheap ticket prices! The facility is clean and well-kept. Lots of food options. Hard to have a bad seat, whether you're at the hotel overlooking from the outfield or in the stands. Actual seats instead of stands which was great too. And the fireworks...worth the price by itself!

Sturbridge
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“What A Great Family Venue”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My pal and I travel just short of two hours to attend a Manchester Fisher Cats/Portland Sea Dogs AA baseball game. Went to see a future Red Sox left hand pitcher, Brian Johnson.

What a great experience. $10.00 admission, $10.00 to park (probably could have found free parking if we looked around, but we were running late after dining at Strange Brew Tavern, a short distance from the stadium.

Clean, great seats, great ball game (one hitter from Johnson), fireworks at game's conclusion, cold beer, excellent food, nice New England night, great family value and experience.

I can't say enough about what a great place for baseball fans and families to see a solid ball game. And you can do it without taking out a second mortgage!

Manchester, New Hampshire
124 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Fun Little Park to Take in Some Minor League Baseball”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

You really can't ever go wrong with minor league baseball. It's a great family atmosphere, and they have a very nice one at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium. My wife and I caught a game here on a somewhat chilly August night, but it was still a pleasant evening. The park feels very small once you are in the main seating bowl. We were right behind home plate so we had a great seat for the action. The entire footing of the seating area is made of the same stuff used for high school bleachers, so there is a definite roar/rumble underneath you when the fans get their feet stomping!

One of the big pluses at the park was a variety of food selections. They have all the classics with some Mexican and healthy options as well. You'll definitely find something you can enjoy. My only issues with the park were that I wish the outfield faced the river (but we can't really change the architecture now!) and that the main video board felt a little far away and was tough to read at times. Also, there was no score on the main video board and you had to look at the ribbon boards down the lines or just below the left field foul pole (which you couldn't see from our seat) to see the score/count/inning/outs etc. However, overall, it's a nice little park to take in a game. And of course, the half inning contest are a hilarious bonus!