“Outstanding Prime Rib”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have eaten at the Puritan Back Room many times, but I have never provided a review. I felt is was necessary to let everyone know how good their prime rib is.
I have now had it 4 times and it has been the same everytime. Tender, cooked as I requested and a monster proportion for the price. When I want a good piece of prime rib, I now know that it is the Puritan. My wife almost always has the chicken tenders which are also consistently great.
Service is good. They are always busy, so sometimes you wait a little longer, but it is always worth it.

1  Thank NHVETTE99

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great food, big portions and great service.

We went for dinner tonight - I had the chicken fingers and for a side I ordered the coleslaw. The fingers were amazing as usual and the slaw was fresh and creamy. My hubby had the veal schnitzel and said it was very good.

The bread and butter beforre dinner is nice especially when you have a hungry kid at the table. Only issue tonight was that the bread was stale.

I had one of the famous mudslides and it was amazing as usual. We have been going to this place for years, the food is always good. Weekends there is usually a wait to get in - it's a popular place.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Large, bustling restaurant, yet privacy abounds in large booths where you can catch a quick lunch (specials vary daily) or linger a while w/delectable drinks followed by sumptuous, well-priced entrees. Whether a youngster or an oldster, everyone raves over classic chicken fingers, greek salad, chowders, lamb, steak & countless fish presentations. Their always fresh clams/haddock/scallops are to die for, w/servings to carry-over for a delectable "second meal" for another day.
Service & quality is consistent & repeat business is legendary as this is a landmark in the area.

1  Thank Denise L
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The food here is really good. A lot to choose from and you will not leave hungry. I have NEVER left here hungry or w/out leftovers in hand.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

First off...order a mudslide.They have all different kinds. The house limit is two, not that you could drink another anyways. They're so filling. Chicken fingers, tips, and seafood are always good. I've had a few apps but cannot remember which. I love the greek salads that come with meals. The portions are HUGE. I would recommend sharing an app and a meal....more room for mudslides. I can say that I have never had friendly service in the dining room. Not once. I prefer to sit in the bar unless I have my kids.