“Great Front Desk”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Montreal, Canada
“Great Front Desk”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The hotel is clean,comfortable, located right downtown and has great views. We are used to staying in upscale B&B's and one of the advantages is the friendly and helpful innkeepers. We arrived late and I don't think I have experienced a more helpful and polite person at the front desk. In the morning we experienced the same helpful, polite and cheerful front desk. We also arrived at the end of the NASCAR weekend race and unlike a number of the other hotels in the area their rates were not double or triple normal.
We have normally just passed through Manchester on our way further south but I think the Radisson will become a regular stop.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river and on one of the top floos
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kim R, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Roadwizzer,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your acknowledgement of the great service when you checked in during the wee hours. I am anxious to pass this on to the staff! They love to know when they make a difference.

We are delighted to hear we will be a regular stop when you are in this area. I hope you enjoyed the races.
See you soon and thanks again,
Kim Roy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Jefferson City, MO
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I used to love to stay at Radisson hotels, and my trip to this location confirmed for me, again, why I like them. This property is very well maintained. It is a 12 story hotel in downtown Manchester that features a very nice bar, restaurant, and convention/meeting facilities. I stayed on the 11th floor and the elevators were very prompt in arriving. The floors and hallways were clean and well lighted. The soda machines worked. I didn't hear any other people in any other rooms.
The hotel also has Sleep Number beds. I didn't need to adjust mine; it was perfect for me the way it was. The bedding was clean and smelled clean. The pillows were just right. The bath amenities were quite nice as well.

I had room service the first morning and the food was marvelous. The second morning I ate in the dining room and the food, again, was very good. I had to give a presentation the second morning and I was running late to get to the airport. About half-way there I realized I had left my Ipad in the room. I called the hotel and they sent someone to get it. I drove up to the front, ran in, showed my ID, and was out the door in under a minute. So, in short, great customer service. If I return to Manchester I won't stay anywhere else. This was a great stay.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room facing the river, and on as high a floor as possible. Manchester is a visual...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr. DeWitt,

We are so happy we were able to find your ipad. It can be so unnerving when we leave our technology behind.

It was great to hear your compliments ranging from room service to cleanliness. What a nice time to be able to take in that view. It overlooks all the mill buildings that line the river. The Millyard Museum and the S.E.E. museum are there. Great takes if you have the time during your next visit to our area. Fall is so pretty here. I am glad you got to take it in.

Safe travels,
Baltimore
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We recently stayed here while we made road trips throughout NH & VT. The room was a nice size. There were 3 adults & we didn't feel crowded. We were directly beside the vending/ice area & were concerned that noise might be a. problem. I can only assume the room was well insulated, as we heard no noise from that area at all. The beds were Sleep Number beds & were very comfortable. This hotel was a great value for the money. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Karen S,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are also delighted you like the Sleep Number Beds. We actually have both Sleep Number Mattresses and traditional mattresses, something for everyone.

We look forward to seeing you when you come back to the area.

Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I've attended a convention here for about 15 years. I look forward to it each year because I love the bed! Amazingly comfortable. The A/C can be noisy depending on the room; but generally works well. They refurbished the bathrooms and they are now beautiful and very accommodating for adult use. It is spacious enough for 2-4 people to stay comfortably in one room. The room service is great; food is very good. Didn't love the restaurant last time as the service was rude and not accommodating - didn't love the food ordered there. I think the parking should be free if paying the high prices for the room. Parking can also be difficult on the grounds during convention. The cleanliness is relative depending on who is actually cleaning the room. Sometimes it appears very clean; other times I have to go out for cleaners and clean it myself! Views leave a lot to be desired as you are often looking at the equipment on the rooftop! Desk staff can be rude (especially when busy). Elevators and classrooms/meeting rooms are convenient. Public restrooms are (mostly) very nice. We liked the Sunday brunch, too. Overall, a good location.

Room Tip: I like staying in the mid-level rooms, not close to the ice machine or elevator due to noise. I oft...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Kim R, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Carol,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I see you stayed in April happy to hear you enjoyed the renovated bathrooms! They are indeed beautiful. Looks like you had an issue in one of the past years. If you could give me a call to discuss I would appreciate the feedback.

We have a new Chef on board and I am quite sure you will be delighted with the new offerings next visit.

See you soon,

General Manaqer
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Radisson Hotel is located in a great place in terms of transportation availability. I found this hotel to be of topnotch quality with clean and specious rooms, comfortable beds that have the feature of softness adjustment, very good breakfast and in-hotel restaurants for lunch and dinner with a wide selection of foods. The room service and the staff are very friendly and responsive. Being a businessman, I must say that the hotel has impressive conference facilities. The free wi-fi is very fast as well. From my experience, I would highly recommend Radisson Hotel. Though a bit expensive, It provides good value of your money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Horace D,

Thank you so much for your complimentary review. We appreciate you spending the time to submit it.

I look forward to sharing this with the team. From service to food quality they will be jumping for joy!

Hope to see you soon!

Thompson, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Radisson Manchester was chosen to host our clubs annual four day convention. The service and accommodations were wonderful. The staff was very friendly and gracious making everyone feel at home. Our meals were prepared and served perfectly and on time for every event. The staff worked with our club to include 'themed' luncheons and teas that delighted everyone. The individual rooms and bathrooms were clean and spacious. The garage attached to the hotel was convenient as I drove myself while other attendees appreciated the shuttle from the airport. Thank you to the staff at Radisson Manchester for making a memorable stay.

Room Tip: The single King rooms are huge and have a fold-away.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Kim R, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear NTEZBNGME,

Wow, what a great review. We appreciate you sharing your experience at our facility in downtown Manchester. We are happy to hear you found the location convenient. As I mentioned to a previous attendee, we enjoyed your group as much as you enjoyed being here!
I am anxious to share this with the entire team. I think they are all mentioned! From food to cleanliness everyone will be delighted.
Thanks again for the feedback. It’s what keeps us going.
Melbourne, Florida USA
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Recently had the pleasure of staying at the Radisson Hotel in Manchester for 5 days. From the very beginning (a call to the hotel for shuttle service from the airport) we were treated with friendly voices and attitude. Gentlemen driving shuttle to and from the airport shared points of interest and landmarks of Manchester. Those manning the front desk always greeted us with smiles and a willing attitude to help. Staff at J.D.Tavern was excellent and the soup of the day, any day, was exceptional. Room was bright and clean, shower had great water pressure and there was always plenty of hot water. Highly Recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Trish B,

Thank you for such a superb review!

Our entire team will be over joyed to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful staff. It was a great five days. We enjoyed your group very much. What a nice fit for our property. I know you travel all over the United States we are hoping when you come back to the Northeast this is where you will land!