“Nice and clean hotel”

Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 20 November 2013

As usual, for being downtown in a city, parking is difficult and not free, but if you have your ticket validated for staying there or if there for a function in the hotel, parking in the garage is $5. The hotel grounds are nice and well kept. The rooms are clean. The staff is incredibly nice. The food was ok. We were there for a wedding so I am judging the food based on mass produced. The filet Mignon was overcooked and very dry. I know there are many stages of cooked meat preferences, but I prefer well done and I'm saying it was past that stage! Then, others' steaks were too rare. Putting the cooked meat temps aside, they were very dry. They added a sauce, which was tasty, but it didn't help with the dryness as much as they hoped. The scrambled eggs were horrible. The bacon, wraps, hash browns were good, but the chicken in the chicken Caesar wrap was very dry. Most importantly, the grounds, rooms, function rooms, halls, etc., were all clean. Convenient location to many places including Verizon Center and highway.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Kim R, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Steph V,

I see you are a regular contributor to Trip Advisor. Thank you for taking the time to include us. We are delighted to read your feedback regarding the staff. We cannot ask for more than "incredibly nice".
I have shared your comments with the Food and Beverage team. Although disappointing I am positive they will take it constructively as we strive for continuous improvement.
Our housekeeping and maintenance team will enjoy reading how their efforts were appreciated.
Thanks again for all your feedback.
Kim Roy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,375)

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed here while speaking at the New Hampshire Conference for Women. The front desk staff was amazing all friendly and helpful. Rick was a standout, he suggested the valet parking and handled all of my bags plus the stuff for my exhibit. The room was much nicer than I expected with FREE WIFI ( LOVE THAT!) the bath room looked very new and modern and spotless. Room service was pretty quick too!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Kim R, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Stacey,

We are so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations. The Women's Conference was a great event. Rick does indeed standout. I will make sure he gets the opportunity to read this.
It sounds like you were in one of our recently renovated rooms. We are just beginning the next phase of the building. We hope to see you again soon!

Kim

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Some friends and I wanted a "Girls' Night Out," somewhere walking distance to some nice restaurants, shops, bars, live music, etc. The Radisson Hotel Manchester was our choice. It was perfect for what we wanted.

The rates were reasonable, the location fantastic, the staff pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and the sleep number beds were so comfortable! We really had a great time and will be staying there for our next night out!

Room Tip: If you want to see the local nightlife, ask to face Elm St. If you'd like a view overlooking th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Girlsnight123,

We are tickled to hear what a great time you had during your Girls Night out. It is a great location to take in the nightlife the city has to offer.

It sounds like we have another Sleep Number fan.

Thanks for the kudos to the staff for being nice and keeping our facility in great shape!

See you soon,

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Radisson in Manchester so that my son could attend a convention. My expectations were to have a clean room where I needed to be however my expectations were met and surpassed. The staff upon arrival was very friendly and accommodating and found us a room with two beds that was ready for use even though it was only 11:30 am! I was really pleased to be able to escape the convention attendees (there were hundreds in costumes) and have a quiet place to relax. The room itself had very comfortable linen and sleep number beds along with free wifi that worked great and everything I would expect in a decent hotel room. Although my room key worked when I first arrived after walking around a bit and trying the food that was available on site I found myself locked out of my room. It turns out a room key should not be placed next to a cell phone, who knew? Not me! The front desk sent a security guard up to the room and he opened my room for me and checked my ID to make certain I was indeed supposed to be in that room - thorough and polite! I thought I had planned well for my little overnight getaway with snacks and a bottle of wine but I had inadvertently forgot a corkscrew. When I asked the gentleman from security if he knew where I could get one he offered to get one and come back, which he did in record time. That small gesture allowed me to relax in my room and catch up on my Netflix.

I would recommend this hotel for location, cleanliness, price, service, quiet rooms and great employees.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Kim R, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear still always ready to go!

Wow a recommendation based on location, cleanliness, price, service, quiet rooms and great employees. Who could ask for more?

We are pleased you enjoyed your time here in Manchester NH! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed here two nights. The room was very comfortable and the service was excellent. I ate the breakfast buffet each morning and the food was great. Prices were competitive.
Location is in the center of town, within walking distance to many restaurants, pubs, and even cigar stores!

I must give credit to the front desk for excellent service. When I asked them for a Taxi company whom I could call to arrange a ride to the nearby airport after my meetings, they arranged for their hotel's shuttle van to pick me up outside the office at no charge. How nice!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Kim R, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Stuart B,

Thank you for the great review. I will have to let the local cigar store know they have a fan. I just answered another review that mentioned our great location. Like you they enjoyed the restaurants and pubs in the area. Not so sure they hit the cigar store though.
I appreciate the feedback regarding the Front Desk. They really are superstars. This is a reminder to me to celebrate them.
We hope to see you when you return to the area.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The staff was so nice and friendly. The rooms are very large and have been completely renovated. The bathrooms had a nice spa feeling with thoughtful touches. The rooms have Sleep number beds, there is a nice coffee maker and complementary water. It is a lovely hotel. We got a fabulous rate on Hotwire!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sidney7474

Dear Sydney,

We are so happy you enjoyed the renovated room! We are pleased with our new look. We will be continuing to make improvements throughout the winter.
I will share your compliments regarding the staff!

Please visit again soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Room was comfortable with everything we needed. Convenient location, easy parking, good food, but excellent service is what stood out, especially waitstaff at lunch. We did hear a group of people coming in loudly at 1 am Saturday but they settled down after about 10 minutes so I would not fault the hotel for that. Loved the fluffy towels and toiletries. Pool was nice too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear CMF68,

Thank you so much for your compliments to the staff! Outstanding Service is music to our ears! I will make sure to pass this on to the entire staff. It really does take them all to make this happen.
As you mention we are fortunate to have such a convenient location in downtown Manchester. There are some great restaurants, museums, Palace Theater, Verizon Wireless Arena. We hope you visit with us again soon.