Fairfield Inn Manchester-Boston Regional Airport
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
“Good staff”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The friendly staff alone would have made it a 5 dot rating, but a bed that's feels like you're sleeping on hay takes away a dot as does running out of breakfast food half-way through the service. None the less, convenient location and inexpensive. House keeping did an amazing job!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
FBlauvelt, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
We pride ourselves on our friendly service. Thank you for noticing. The mattress will be changed out at the end of next year when we do our room renovations. I can't believe it been six years already. This past weekend was busy being Columbus Day Weekend. We try our hardest to keep up with the hot breakfast demands. With only one microwave in the kitchen it can be a little hectic during peak times. The good news is that I have another microwave on order. Please visit us again when you are in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 13 October 2013

As part of our New England visit, we booked this hotel for our final night of stay. I am retired and we are frequently staying in cities I don’t know. I do try and stay as inexpensively as I can. Over the week we spent traveling thru the New England States things have worked out okay. This hotel , was in the middle of the seven hotels we stayed at.
When we arrived, I presented my confirmation to the Desk Clerk, Fiona Blauvelt General Manager. I explained that we have two rooms. The Fiona Blauvelt then said no, this confirmation is for only one room. I explained that I had made this for two rooms and there are four of us. After a little more conversation, she said okay we have two rooms. I took our baggage to the room and dropped it off, then went out for touristy things. After returning I realized the room that I had been given was a "Queen" size bed but I had requested and paid for a "King". I spoke again to Fiona Blauvelt and in conversation with her she told me that she didn't have information on the booking because I had made this through Travelocity. I presented her with my booking confirmation showing the price that I paid and the "King" bed request. She responded stating that they had overbooked and I had to be shuffled around. A short time later she came to me stating "I moved another guest and you can now have a "King". I explained that we had already set up our room and preferred to not move at this time. I never received any consideration on the room rate nor even an apology. Her manner, actions and failure to apologize left me with feeling that I was responsible for this matter. The room was clean and organized, not great but good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Out of all the guests staying with you, it's not easy to decide which guest you will change a room type on because a room is out of service or your obligations to a Hotel Loyalty Program. Thank goodness it doesn't happen that often. But when it does you need to make a sound decision. Unfortunately I chose your reservation since it was a one night stay on a holiday weekend when most reservations were staying for two nights. I do apologize. I thought upgrading your reservation from a king to a queen junior suite would be acceptable. But, as you pointed out, it was not. Again, I apologize for this. I tried to alleviate the situation by changing you back to a king, which you had no interest in doing. I do wish you would have taking me up on this offer. I know right now your have no interest in coming back to the Fairfield Inn when your in Manchester but I hope you will give it a second thought.
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I was assigned to work in the Manchester area in mid - September ( A six week assignment), I booked a room for a couple of weeks here at Fairfield until i could figure out the area and check for other lodging. To my pleasant surprise this was going to be my hotel of choice for the duration of my assignment. I couldn't get a reservation for the month of October at Fairfield thru their website and asked Fiona at the front desk if there was anything she could do to keep me there til the end of October, she said she would check on it and she made it happen real fast. The staff has been Great! Very accomodating, from the breakfast folks to the housekeeping staff, to the front desk staff, I've got to meet Fiona and Charlotte as I pass thru the lobby daily and they always greet me with a smile, even though they're busy most of the time, and I don't use the airport shuttle but I met Lawrence, he's a driver he's quite friendly and nice to talk with. I like the Hot coffee that's always ready. The breakfast selection is a great start, I can get either hot or cold (or both) from hot toast, eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal etc to yogurts, fresh fruits, cereals and muffins etc. it's ready early and I'm hungry before I'm heading off to work and I can get in and out quickly with enough breakfast to hold me over to lunch. A job well done by all on the breakfast crew! Of course the beds, like all Marriotts, are quite comfortable for me, I wake up well rested. I travel alot for work and live in hotels most of the year, so I am happy when I find a hidden Gem like this. If I ever get deployed to Manchester, NH again, I know this is where I'm going to stay. I'd give this hotel 2 thumbs up on service and satisfaction.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Saint Louis
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This was a one-night stay. We needed something close to the airport on our return trip from a vacation. The room was ready for us upon our late arrival. It was clean and comfortable. The room had two queen beds, a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. The breakfast offerings were more than adequate and the dining room was clean and well-kept. Sam at the front desk, was helpful in arranging handicapped transportation to the airport for us. We have no complaints. We've stayed at this hotel once before and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
MA
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed two nights, room was clean, staff was very helpful. We had no problems at all. It was exactly what you would expect for the price. Location was perfect, right near the highway (couldn't hear it!) and close to the mall, restaurants. I would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Tuftonboro, NH
Reviewed 16 September 2013

First impression for me was getting in elevator to go up to room, not a good one. Elevator was dirty and smelled. The interior in general is rather dated and in need of overhaul. Vans do not run late, I think midnight at best, so had to get cab when my flight landed late. Breakfast room was very small, so much so that I had to wait outside for chance at a seat, otherwise typical, some hot items which was nice, the usual waffle maker and of course some cereals and fresh fruit. Staff working the breakfatst room was very nice and attentive however.
Room was clean, very light on amenities however. Pool is outside, so going to be very seasonal.
I was not recognized when I arrived as Marriott Rewards Member, although they had my number when I called for Reservation, I bring this up becasue in morning I saw some little bags on counter, they said that was for Marriott Rewards members, didn't you get one? So, they passed me one, an 8 oz bottle of water and two mints, thought that was kind of funny.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
FBlauvelt, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. You are right, the in room furnishings are outdated. We are excited for our upand coming renovation in the latter half of 2014 which will give the rooms a new fresh look. Regarding the elevator, we shampoo the carpet twice a week, maybe it's time to replace. The breakfast room can get a little busy during peak times which is an hour before closing. During our renovation we are thinking about opening up the breakfast room to give us 25 more seats. The complimentary van runs from 4:30am to 11:30pm. We have these set hours to keep the cost of the rooms reasonable. We could go to 24 hour service but the rates would increas $5 to $8 dollars. Which doesn't seem like much until you decide on which hotel you would like to reserve. I do apologize that you were not recognized at check in as a Marriott Reward Member. This is not the norm, it must have been late and the front desk associate wanted to expedite the check in process to get you to your room quickly since it was so late.
Dothan AL
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed here the night before an early flight. The hotel was very clean and the staff most helpful. Charlotte, the front desk clerk and Lawrence the shuttle driver could not have been nicer. We had already turned in our rental car and ask about restaurants nearby within walking distance. My husband has walking difficulties and they offered to take us and pick us up after. We highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family