“The Very Best Steakhouse Outside of Boston”

Hanover Street Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Hanover Street Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 410 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$24 - US$55
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pine Street
Description: We are committed to serving food that will be creative, yet “classic,” service that will be impeccable but not intimidating, in an ambiance that will be elegant, yet comfortable and inviting, ensuring a dining experience that will be extraordinary and memorable!
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have had a fabulous dining experience every time that we dine at the Hanover Street Chophouse. From the very best food to the finest service not a restaurant in Manchester can surpass the quality that everyone receives at Hanover Street a Chophouse. Two great waiters, Richard and Patrick, consistently provide the very best in service that makes our dining such a pleasure. Special event or weekly experience - try it you will really enjoy it.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I had our 15th wedding anniversary dinner at the Hanover Street Chop House. I made the reservations on OpenTable.com and noted on the reservation form that this was an anniversary dinner. We arrived to valet parking and greeted by a friendly hostess who greeted me by name and wished us a happy anniversary. Our server was Geoff who provided excellent service. He was the perfect balance of professional and friendly and was very knowledgeable. He immediately greeted us, fulfilled our drink order and brought a bread medley to the table. I had the bacon wrapped scallops for an appetizer and they were perfection, filet mignonette with truffle butter for entree, and a specialty brownie sundae for dessert. As a special treat, the waiter brought over two complementary poached figs. All was excellent. My husband enjoyed his meal as much as I did. The atmosphere was romantic and upscale. The chef even drizzled the words 'Happy' and 'Anniversary' on our dessert plates with chocolate. From beginning to end this was a great experience. It was costly, but the extra touches made it worth the cost. I highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or romantic date night.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Wife and I went in for lunch in search of a great burger on the recommendation of a friend. We arrived at 2:15 and were told the manager closed the kitchen because business was slow. Both the web site and the sign on the door advertise lunch from 11;30 TO 2:30. As I expressed my displeasure to the hostess a man I presumed to be the manager stood by silently observing. If the last seating is different from the posted service hours,change your sign. Not so much as "I'm sorry" from either one. Based on the way the hostess looked us up and down, maybe we weren't their type of clientele. Sorry I was wearing shorts; can't get long pants over the cast on my leg. Or maybe they just couldn't be bothered accommodating me on a walker Being ADA accessible doesn't matter if the real barrier is behind the podium. We hobble 2 blocks down the street to Ignite where they gladly seated us for an excellent meal with superior service. Won't be returning to the Chophouse any time soon, nor will we visit their new venture in Hampton which is taking over one of our favorite dinner spots. We'll spread the word with all our seacoast friends..

2  Thank Edward G
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Why go to Boston when the Chophouse is closer and parking is free! The food, ambiance and service was excellent. I've been here twice and each time left completely satisfied with my dining experience. I recently went on Father's Day and got the Chilean sea bass. It was one of the best I've ever had (and I order this whenever I see it on a menu).

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Food was delicious but I thought a bit high priced. They have a great bar and excellent Caesar Salad. Entrees are also excellent