“Wonderful stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We came to this LQ on a trip to New Hampshire to adopt a second Chihuahua from a local rescue. We drove up from PA around 10 at night and were greeted warmly. We stayed two nights and it could not have been a more positive experience. The motel was very clean and quiet. The breakfast was great, the breakfast lady was so friendly and helpful. The front desk staff gave us directions to a local Pet Smart and shared in our joy when the little Chihuahua showed up for our adoption. The motel was very pet friendly, the staff was wonderful. I cannot say enough good things about our time here.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and sharing your experience with others. I am so glad you enjoyed your interactions with our staff and that they made you feel welcome. Enjoy your new puppy and please come back and visit real soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed here with my daughter for a Christmas concert at the Verizon Wireless Arena. Its easily located off of the interstate and only a short drive to the Arena. When we arrived, it was just before a snowstorm and the front desk clerk told me that we should not park on the street because of the plows. We parked in the Verizon garage, which I originally wasnt going to do, just to save money, but I am glad I did not get towed for parking during the parking ban!! Also, the breakfast the next morning was fantastic, just a simple continental breakfast, but it the staff serving everyone were so friendly and nice, it just made the morning that much better! I will definitely stay here again. The price was perfect and much cheaper than other area hotels. I do wish that they had an indoor pool and hot tub thugh, as it was not the season to use the outdoor pool.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience. I hope you had a wonderful time at the concert and I am so glad your car was safe and sound. The Verizon Wireless Arena is a great place to see concerts and hockey and I am glad you took advantage or our close proximity. Thank you again for the recommendation and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Booked a night in this hotel as it was close proximity to Catholic Medical Center. Upon check-in, the clerk was friendly and welcoming as was the clerk this a.m. when we were leaving. The hotel room was very clean, roomy and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and Estelle is a great asset as server! She has a perfect personality to start your day off right! Thank you for a wonderful stay and making us feel "at home"!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us and recommending us to the TripAdvisor community! We truly appreciate the 5 star review. I will make sure the staff and especially Estelle know what a great impact they made on your stay. We hope you will be visiting us again real soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Manchester La Quinta Inn. The staff was courteous and professional and I thought the Inn was a good value for the area. Of special note was the woman that supervised the breakfast bar, she always had a smile on her face and the food was always good. Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pdssval123
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for giving our hotel a try and I am thrilled that we met and exceeded your expectations. I will make sure our wonderful breakfast attendant know what a great impact she made on your stay. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Manchester.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This was my first time staying at La Quinta. Upon arrival, the reception clerk was very abrupt and did not seem impressed that I wanted to ask a few questions. She asked for my credit card and told me it was just in case there was any damage to the room.
The room itself was neat and very clean. The beds were very comfortable.
We had a decent breakfast, then upon checkout, the desk clerk (Emma) was very nice and quite helpful.
The only problem was that it's been a couple days since I have returned home and now, there is a charge on my card. There was absolutely no damage and I have never smoked, so I am not sure why my credit card was charged at all (I booked weeks ago through Hotwire, no balance was due). I called and was told to call Hotwire...but they were not the ones who charged my card, clearly they have no idea why this happened. In fact, I used separate cards just in case something like this happened.
No one was able to give me a straight answer or rectify the situation. If it werent for this running around in circles to get an answer, I would have probably rated this hotel higher.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1Tanya1983
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. I am disappointed that we did not exceed your expecations. I am very sorry that you were not happy with our incidental charge authorization. Our policy is a fairly common practice where we just authorize a guest's credit card for an additional $50 in the case of incidentals. It is not an actual charge. That authorization is then released back to your card upon check-out and will show back up on your card usually within 24-48 hours depending on the bank. We apologize for any inconenience this may have caused. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience, we take all feedback into consideration as we strive to improve our customer experience. We appreciate your comments and we appreciate you choosing La Quinta.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We like to save money while traveling and look for good deals whenever we can, but sometimes our quest to save money can affect how much we enjoy a place.

Recently we were traveling to Ohio and flying out of Manchester, NH. We found out that the La Quinta Inn in Manchester offers a park-and-fly option, which we much prefer over long term parking, which I find to be a complete waste of money. We made arrangements through an online service that linked us directly to the La Quinta website and booked a room with the park and ride package, which stated that 2 weeks of parking was included in the rate.

It seems, however, that we did not do our homework, because the park and ride package was not what we thought it would be. This tainted our impression of our stay at La Quinta, which is a shame because the hotel was nice and in a great location for visiting Manchester. The service was good but when it came to our issues with the park and ride package fell a little short, which was disappointing.

We drove down to Manchester and the La Quinta Inn was in a great location, near the highway and easy to find. For the record, I liked Manchester, even though this admission seems to surprise many of the people I talk to. Maybe there’s something about the town I don’t know, but it has a lot going on, including a professional baseball and hockey team. We ate at some cool restaurants, and the town seemed lively and somewhat eclectic, not unlike Burlington but maybe a little rougher around the edges. The cab driver who took us to the airport couldn’t believe that anyone could like this town. He said he was from Maine, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Anyway, our issues with La Quinta started from check in. As I mentioned, we booked the park and fly package, but then we were charged $40 for parking. We were told $40 was good for two weeks fo parking, but we thought we had already paid for the parking. We went online and checked the website and clearly it said that two weeks of parking was included in the rate. I went down to argue my case and the woman was very friendly but wasn’t sure what to do. Her reasoning was that it was still cheaper than long term parking at the airport, but that wasn’t the issue here. I’m just not a fan of surprises like this.

I showed her the receipt and it was clearly downloaded from the La Quinta website, not some third party broker. The manager was not on duty so she asked me to come back in a an hour and she would have some answers. In the meantime, I contacted the La Quinta mother ship and they had no answers for me. They had our reservation on record, but said this issue had to be dealt with at the hotel itself, which surprised me. I figured they could just work it out and contact the hotel.

When I spoke to the woman at the front desk again, she said that she couldn’t give me the park and ride package because we hadn’t properly reserved the room, which I couldn’t completely understand because we followed the proper steps. She ended up lowering the rate of the room and then charging us the $40, which ended up being about $30 with the rate change. We paid it and left it at that, but in the end, I think the whole situation was an example of bad customer service.

We were not trying to rip these guys off, and we did everything we thought we were supposed to do. Call me crazy, but I think the right thing to do was to just give us the parking. The lot was huge and there was one or two cars parked there. Plus, they call it a park and fly, but in reality the hotel is not that close to the airport, and they don’t even have their own shuttle. They basically call you a cab (which they pay for) to transport you.

I would think a park and fly situation would work better if you were closer to the airport, but that’s just me. Again, we liked the hotel, the rooms were clean and nice, and they have the standard breakfast which is included. The staff was friendly and helpful, at least as much as they could be, and we would stay there again if we visited Manchester, but I don’t think we’ll be doing the park and fly package again.

Room Tip: Rooms all seemed nice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Fred L

Thank you for your valued feedback. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our staff and facility and will be back to visit again. At just 5.5 miles from the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport we do consider ourselves a good option for people looking for a Park/Stay hotel option. I apologize that your Park/Stay experience fell short of your expectations. While not knowing the specifics of how you reserved your guestroom I know that some people have been confused that we state parking is included for the night of your stay and they understood that to mean that parking during their entire trip is complimentary. Our parking package is $40 added to our Best Available Rate and includes up to 14 days of parking and 24 hour airport transportation. For flights that are outside of the traditional shuttle times we will offer taxi service in order to offer 24 hour complimentary transportation which is appreciated by guests with extremely early flights. Again I apologize if we made any errors in your reservation or if we fell short in our communications. Please reach out to me directly with any questions or concerns at 603.669.5400 ext. 555 or lq6582dos@laquinta.com.
Steve M.