“Most disappointing stay I've ever had”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was treating my boyfriend to a birthday weekend full of fun, and was really looking forward to spoiling him with what I thought was going to be an amazing stay at a nice hotel. I couldn't be more wrong because nothing about this stay was amazing and by the end of our stay my boyfriend thought this was a practical joke and my way of breaking up with him. There wasn't a single person on staff during my stay that enjoys customer service. They couldn't be more bored or any less enthused to help me. No one smiles at you, they look down at their computers acting like they are doing something far more important than recognizing the fact you are there in front of them. I couldn't even get directions to my room at check-in and when I found the appropriate door to enter (after creeping around the parking lot with our luggage), it didn't matter because the elevator was on the other side of the hotel. Thanks for the heads up, front desk. The hotel lobby is pretty and the room was great looking too. The bed was super comfy. We unpacked, got ready to snuggle, and flipped on the TV but then it went black a few minutes later. When I called the front desk, I was told the TV was out because they had Dish Network and it did this sometimes because of the storm (there was a storm?). Next few hours, still no TV. We went to bed without watching our favorite night time shows, and I could tell that my boyfriend was a little disappointed but HEY, we're on vacation! Next day, I was starting to worry that La Quinta hadn't paid their bill because there was still no cable and the sun was shining outside. I couldn't get the news or weather and had to use my phone (maybe this is why the Wi-fi is free?) which was inconvenient to be messing around on my phone when I'm trying to get ready for our first day of vacation. We went downstairs for the breakfast - which was a decent spread. My boyfriend was super excited for a waffle so being this was his special weekend I offered to make him one. When I used the waffle-maker it started making a loud noise after a few seconds which prompted a hotel employee to came over, look at it, turn the waffle maker off, and she then walked away without an explanation, an apology, or even eye-contact. My boyfriend did not get his special waffle and just had some toast instead. I'm starting to look bad here, La Quinta. We got away from the hotel and did a whole day of activities. In my eyes, I redeemed myself with my boyfriend and he was feeling good again. I suggested take-out and a movie at the hotel to end our day, and we were able to order some Chinese food delivery. My boyfriend took a shower to unwind and I caught up on my emails until I heard my boyfriend yelling and cussing from the bathroom. Thanks, La Quinta, nothing says, "look how special you are to me" than a colony of ants on the bathroom floor next to your feet when you're stepping out of the shower. The Chinese food arrived just as my boyfriend was demanding to know what made him so special that I’d bring him here to shower with ants. I asked him to calm down and let's just eat and watch a movie and try to relax. I turned on the TV. "Service currently unavailable." My boyfriend left the room, his Chinese food and his girlfriend untouched. La Quinta, you really helped me nail this romantic weekend thing. The next morning, I managed to catch the GM, Linda, who said that I can have "bonus points" on my La Quinta Member card as a resolution to my concerns and she went on to address another customer without ever asking who I was (how am I supposed to redeem those bonus points, lady?) At check-out, I was handed a room receipt and asked, "Is that you?" Luckily it was, and he was flashing my own information in front of my face and not someone else’s. I feel cheated out of my money for staying at this place because I could have stayed at a dozen other places and I chose this crummy one based on a few pictures, "perks", and a romantic notion. You were supposed to have my back, La Quinta.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa Q
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay and we sincerely apologize that our hotel didn't meet your expectations for your romantic get away. I am disappointed to hear that you were not pleased with our accommodations and customer service. We strive to do our best to achieve La Quinta quality and service standards and I will share your feedback to our staff. I appreciate you choosing La Quinta and sorry to hear of your disappointment.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice hotel although the front desk clerk lacked some customer service skills. Clerk seemed distracted didn't return my ID or credit card until I had to ask him. Also didn't relay a system wide television outage to us. Had we known we may have gone elsewhere. Manager did apologize the next a.m. but it was a long evening with a bored teenager.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us. In regards to the television outage, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience it caused during your stay. Our vendor was contacted immediately when the system satellite/internet went down and resolved the problem as soon as they could. We hope you choose La Quinta Manchester the next time while travelling through the area.

A TripAdvisor Member
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I had a very comfortable stay. The bed was so comfortable and my room was as cool as I like it. I slept well. I shared breakfast with a friend who also stayed and it was hot and delicious. I had a room on the first floor but I heard no hall noise. I really was happy with my experience. The hotel was convenient to the highway.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites for your most recent stay. We are happy you had an enjoyable experience and hope to see you return in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel had everything that one would want on vacation. Centrally located, quiet ,frinedly and breakfast was great. No noise and easy to get in and out ff and not far from airport and most important within our price range

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you so much for your review and for sharing your experience with us and the travel community. We are happy you enjoyed your stay while visiting NH and look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Rooms and lobby were clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. continental breakfast had hot items, yogurt, waffles, fresh fruit pastries and cereals. Easy to access from the airport. Quick trip to my brothers place I Hooksett.

• Stayed: June 2014
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites in Manchester for your most recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are happy you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and complementary hot breakfast.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were coming back from cape cod and we decided to stop in Manchester . After reading the previous reviews and previously stayed at another la Quinta , I knew I wouldn't be disappointed . Amazing service at the front desk. Room was new and very clean . Washroom was very big and roomy . Beds very comfortable . Breakfast had a lot of choices and it was fresh. I will definitely go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Yukongeniva
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you very much for the 5 star rating and posting your review. We appreciate your feedback and happy to hear that you had a great experience. I will make sure I share your comments to the rest of our staff.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Located next to the Amoskeag Bridge, this hotel is a perfect location for events in Manchester NH. The access to the highway and local roads is immediate. Hotel is newly renovated, clean and well-presented.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Barbara S
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites in Manchester for your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.