“Best Rate in town....cannot beat it” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Manchester Airport
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Best Rate in town....cannot beat it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Being a Wyndham Rewards member, I have stayed here numerous times when I am in the area visiting family or friends. The price is right at $86 and it is a central place for me to stay if I want to travel to Maine or Ma for the day. I do not nitpick when it comes to Super 8's. It is clean, comfortable and affordable and that is what I am looking for. If I did nitpick, I am sure I could find something not perfect in every place I stay. I did stay here on July 2nd and arrived earlier than the recommended check-in time. The clerk was nice enough to allow my husband and myself to check in early. I appreciated that service and will continue to stay here when I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was at the start of an extensive tour of the States and chose the Super 8 for my first night. The hotel was convenient for what I wanted. On arrival the staff were helpful and the room was very good. A great start to my holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel face a road but it wasn't noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank William W
Merrillville, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at the Super 8 one night because my flight got in very late and I didn't have the time to look elsewhere for another hotel. The internet didn't work. I asked the person at the front desk and he said they would be working on it later that day. Also, I asked the night clerk if I could check out an hour later and he said "It wouldn't be fair to my coworkers if I did that." That wasn't very hospitable. I was able to speak to a nicer front desk staff lady who let me stay the extra hour. Thank goodness for her. I called back the hotel two days later to see if the internet was working and they said it was up and running. I checked back into the hotel again in a few days. I was trying to keep my expenses down, which was the reason for the return. I immediately tried the internet in my room and it didn't work. I checked out of the hotel, slipped on the carpet as I got to the front desk. The manager wasn't even there. The front desk clerk called her because I told her I wanted a refund. This place doesn't care about their customers and it clearly shows. I don't like being lied to about whether something is working. I found another hotel which was much, much better. Let me make it clear that this hotel has no working Wi-Fi and no public computer in the lobby. I'll never stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel. It's not worth it. Rude night clerk and no internet. Slipping o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank birdlady07
Memphis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Well, this is a Super8 hotel, so you get what you pay for: price is very reasonable, room was clean, but obviously Super8 are not known to be high class hotels. What is great is distance to airport: takes only a few minutes to get from hotel to airport. Also, next to hotel are a MacDonald and a restaurant and on the other side of the street a diner, which was quite ok (I had the bison-meat buger and it was good). Finally, if you have a rental car and need to bring the tank full, there is a gas station next to the hotel. So this an OK place to stay for the night while waiting for your flight.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Guadalajara, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Super 8 properties, like McDonald's restaurants, are pretty much consistent in quality and travelers know what to expect. What makes each property a little different is the front desk staff, which was superb when I arrived at almost 2 a.m. after a cross country flight. The folks the next morning were also great, helping me figure out best options for ground transportation to upstate Vermont. Oh yeah, the room was what I expected, and the bed was very comfortable. And I love those trip rewards from the Wyndham group.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Champaign
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

The motel was not as nice as some Super 8s, not as bad as others. We needed a place close to the airport for an overnight stay and this motel worked well for that. It is obviously older, but it was clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family