“Got the Job Done” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Atlanta
“Got the Job Done”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed at this Courtyard for two evenings while on business in the area. I flew into Boston and it was about an hour drive on 93 N, easy enough. With that being said, the Manchester airport is right near by, but flying in there was too expensive.
Check in was pleasant and the front desk person provided me with a room with a balcony upon request without increasing my rate.
I stay at Courtyards quite a bit and this one just has a sense of being a little dated. Not in a worn out way, just the main lobby/bar/restaurant was dimly lit with blue back lighting. It felt like 1995. There is an outside sitting area that was pleasant.
The room was fine. Bed was comfortable. Sink and bathroom area could be updated. Flimsy toilet seat. coffee pot taking up a large portion of the sink area, lighting was not optimal. No fridge, which usually is a given at a CY, and I missed the convenience of being able to store waters and sodas during my two night stay.
I was close to the elevator so dealt with the inherent environment that comes along with that. However, I will say that housekeeping starts very early, and from this location I was woken up at 6:30 with the start of their routine.
I did not walk to the mall, or the surrounding area, but there were middle of the road places to grab dinner like the Olive Garden. We did make the ride into "town" for dinner. I forget the name of the place we dined, but there are a number of choices. But the town is not the charming new england town I imagined it would be.
Overall, a good stay and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Just the obvious, ask for a room that is not facing the parking lot at the front of the property. Th...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed at the Manchester, New Hampshire Courtyard for 2 nights over July 5th and 6th 2013. The fellow that checked me in was very friendly and checked me in quickly. He provided directions for both driving and walking to the mall that is located very close to the hotel. While he did not acknowledge my Elite status he did provide the Elite keys showing my status.

The room was on the first floor as I requested and the room was clean and everything was in proper order. The staff had put a refrigerator in the room prior to our arrival.

The pool, spa and pool area is very well maintained and extremely clean. The spa was scalding hot on Saturday morning. I saw the lady at the desk and within 2 minutes there was a maintenance engineer correcting the temperature. He not only lowered the temperature immediately but also corrected the temperature so many people could enjoy the spa. The pool is heated to 81 degrees. The seating area outside has a few tables and chairs and was also very clean.

The staff at this hotel seems to take great pride in the property. I saw the staff constantly cleaning the property at all times on the day and night. The maintenance man for the pool Saturday morning was exceptional and told me he has been then about 8 years. It was apparent he truly loves his job.

We had a double room on the first floor. While clean the room defiantly needs to be upgraded. It looks to be about 5 - 6 years old and not at all like the new modern Courtyard decor. With the attention this property seems to get I'm sure they are slated for refurbishment soon.

The buffet breakfast is 11.95 per person. This is the one area the hotel management absolutely needs to improve. I had chosen this property because of the availability of the buffet style restaurant. I feel the Marriott Bistro is a poor value for the price paid. The buffet consisted oranges, cantaloupe and grapefruit. In addition to eggs, waffles, bacon, sausage, and hash browns. Also available is a small selection of breakfast pastries and bread. The problem is the quality and availability of the items. On Saturday the fruit was not fresh and seemed to be several days old. The cantaloupe had a sour taste. On Sunday the hash browns, bacon and English muffins all ran out. I saw the waitress once and the chef twice. He did bring out a muffin and made hash browns specifically for me but never replenished the English muffin and it took 15 - 20 minutes for the buffet to be filled with more potatoes. The bacon also ran out and also took about 20 minutes for more to be brought out. I was at the restaurant at approx. 9:00 so there is no excuse for items to run out at that time of day.

This property is an excellent place to stay. Hopefully the management will address the restaurant issues and not replace the restaurant with a Bistro. The staff at this property certainly maintains a high standard and if I ever have the opportunity to be in the area I would stay at this property again.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. The airport is very close but I did not hear any noise from them at all.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank edfc
Tessie G, General Manager at Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback. We are very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience during your stay. The Courtyard team is always reviewing our online reviews and sharing them with the staff. We use all of the feedback to continue to improve upon the products and services we offer. Thank you again. We look forward to seeing you for your next trip to the Manchester area.

Warmest Regards,
Tessie Gadwah
SAINT PETERSBURG
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. Appreciated having the option for a light meal in the bar. The service was great, reasonable price. Ordered the pizza - it was great! Seemed made from scratch! Quiet rooms which I appreciated having to get up at 4:30 for a flight. Very convenient shuttle to the airport. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Focused77
Tessie G, General Manager at Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Manchester Courtyard. We appreciate your feedback, and very happy that you had a pleasant stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Just seemed to "miss the mark" of a good Courtyard.

The spa and pool were at the elevator. No privacy at all! Kind of creepy with the hotel population walking by gawking at the swimmers.

The breakfast menu was very nice, yet expensive, for what there was. On the 2nd morning, my wife and I had a very light breakfast and were pleasantly surprised that they reduced the price for the small amount of food we ate.

We were also disappointed that this Courtyard didn't have a fireplace outside, that many have added to their property.

Room Tip: If you'd like a ground level room, make sure you tell them specifically in advance.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank toddintulsa
Columbus. Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

We were here on business and had some needs that the staff quickly took care of for us. The room was clean, comfortable, and fresh ... what you'd expect from a Marriott. I'd recommend it, especially for anyone who needs quick access to the airport and/or interstate.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank peebs777
Manteno, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed at courtyard and hesitated after reading reviews but was very positively happy. I kept looking for the dirty carpets or ambient or airplane noise other reviewers talked about four or five months ago but everything was immaculate. Yes there were 12 year old hockey players. My kid played with them in the pool, and yes they were loud, but at nine the kids went to bed and all was quiet. I spent a lot of time in the mornings on a sunny patio drinking free coffee that was quite good. Pool was sparkling, exercise center was clean. Everything looked new. There was a little discrete bar in the lobby with a free pool table. The decor was pier one global mixture with texture all over. While the continental breakfast was six bucks, it was fresh with huge bagels, fresh fruit and waffles. For eleven it added all you can eat omlettes and sausage. Pretty darn good. Rooms were perfect and spacious. My only crticism was that dorm fridges should be in every room, not just suites. The staff were the best part and should be rewarded for their grace and poise under pressure. We had several special requests and were met with positive, can do attitude. Josh was very helpful, Heidi was willing to go the extra mile for us. We got extra pillows...we got different kinds of pillows...we got extra blankets...Mallory was really amazing. Her service was on par with my last hotel stay at the Ritz-Carlton Chicago property. She went above and beyond to make our bizarre, winding vacation seem quite normal. These folks were knowledgable about the area, and actively concerned that our stay was great. If I were in the hotel business I would hire all of them away from Mariott. Every housekeeper and "back office" staff greeted me with a _genuine_ "Hi there" not a canned customer service greeting. Everyone was not just nice, but down to earth real. Great stay. Will stay again in two weeks when I am back.

Room Tip: Go for a suite if available. They are huge with a king bed and twin pullout in the bedroom, with a f...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank professortim7
Douglas, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We visited friends in Concord, NH and decided to stay at the Courtyard instead of driving home to Mass.- the room was clean and spacious. At check in we asked to be upgraded to a room with a balcony- no problem. Staff was GREAT! Very clean, and if we did not know there was an airport nearby we would never know there were planes going overhead.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple