“Good Food in Traditional NH setting”
Review of Pine Cone Cafe

Pine Cone Cafe
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Pine cones, knotty pine decor, varied menu with lobster mac & cheese, prime rib, good pizzas, fresh salads, Club sandwiches, fresh fish...need I paint a picture? "Down home" fresh and tasty food in a homey atmosphere...pure NH.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Great food, good price - where the locals go! In the small town of Melvin Village between Tuftonboro and Wolfeboro where you can get a great meal at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

My wife of 40 years and I were visiting friends in Moultonborough. They have lived there for over 10 years. Lake Winnipesaukee is an expensive vacation destination. Mike and Kate chose this restaurant for the food, service and affordability. Reading menus in many restaurants in the area include meatloaf, lasagna, and other comfort foods. I selected the tenderloin tips with mashed and some veggies. The choices for my companions were interesting and delicious. I added some humor to our table with my dessert choice of chocolate OVERLOAD. It is a sinfully rich chocolate mousse cake which I topped with strawberry ice cream, whipped cream, sprinkles, and 2 cherries. Our waitress was informative and entertaining. A definite worthwhile stop in Melvin Village.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I had the fried haddock dinner, beer & cheddar soup, and Pig's Ear Brown Ale from a local brewery. The food was delicious, and priced well.

The atmosphere is definitely family oriented, but it seems like a good place to catch a Pats game on a weekend.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

There are plenty of restaurants on the north side of Lake Winnipesaukee. Wolfeboro and Meredith in particular have quite a selection. Little Melvin Village has only one, and we think it's one of the best. The ambiance is country, family-oriented and not fancy. No linen table cloths here. If you want good tasting and reasonable priced food, this is the place. Pizza is great; salads are high quality; burgers aren't greasy; lobster rolls are terrific; everything's good. We've eaten here for as long as it's been open. We've never had a complaint. Their two other restaurants aren't as good. The Pine Cone just works.

Been to Pine Cone Cafe? Share your experiences!