Ballard House Inn
Lake Winnipesaukee Motel(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$108
Agoda.com
Weirs Beach Motel and Cottages(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$138
Grand View Motel and Cottages(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$146
Half Moon Motel & Cottages(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$104
The Naswa Resort(Laconia)(Great Value!)
US$152
Bay Top Motel(Laconia)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$104
US$206
Orbitz.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsback porchgolden retrievercookiesother guestswrap around porchnew hampshirecomplimentary wineporch swingperfect hostslakes regionbreakfast was deliciousgreat conversationhome away from homebed and breakfastfelt like homelarge tableperfect stay
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend and it was awesome. Brian and Lynn are so welcoming and full of information to make your visit to the region great fun. The house is beautiful and the breakfast were fabulous. It is very centrally located about a mile from the center of Meredith. I would highly recommend staying here and we look forward to going back in the near future.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were lovely
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ballardhouse, Owner at Ballard House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review with such positive feedback. We enjoy helping our guests enjoy their time with us! Thanks too, for sharing your travel stories. Come back again and we can compare more travel notes.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We arrived in town for a wedding and the hotel for the wedding was booked. I found this B and B through tripadvisor and we are SO happy that we stayed there, rather than the hotel. Brian and Lynn was great hosts and storytellers. They want everyone to feel comfortable in their Inn and in order to accomplish that, are not only nice people with a great dog (Newton), but they add wonderful touches. When you arrive back from a day out, you will be greeted with home baked goods. Along with that, Lynn keeps a candy jar. Because my DH enjoyed the home baked goods at breakfast, she saved some for his afternoon treat. They also keep a refrigerator with beverages and wine is available, all complimentary. A keurig is also available 24/7, but in the am, Brian makes brewed coffee.

Brian and Lynn takes turns cooking a breakfast surprise each morning. Each one was a great meal. Brian runs around cleaning all day and the place, including the outside, is immaculate.

Our beds were comfy. Showers work well and my DH loved the shampoo so much, that he wants to buy the same brand.

Lynn recommended Walter's Basin for a lobster grill cheese sandwich, which we couldn't resist.

Room Tip: Any room is good, but if you are a light sleeper, pick one at the back of the house. Our first night there, at 5:30 am, a loud car came by and woke me
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
ballardhouse, Owner at Ballard House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

So glad you had a good experience staying with us! We want our guests to feel like it is home without the clean up and with the spoiling! Got to love anything with lobster - - including grilled cheese sandwiches. Thanks for taking the time to post your comments, we always appreciate feedback.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before but we had a wedding nearby and waited too long to make reservations at the venue hotel, so we checked out other places online and came across this and decided to give it a try. I'm so glad we did. Brian and his wife Lynn will make you feel like part of the family. Our room had its own private bath (which I believe all the rooms do) and both the bedroom and bathroom were immaculate beyond belief. The bathroom was shiny clean! It had been all completely renovated and looked brand new. The bed was so comfortable, very soft sheets, I had a great night's sleep. We had a clear, flatscreen TV in our room with cable and wifi. The breakfast in the morning, all hand prepared, was the best!! There was a wedding breakfast at the venue hotel, but my ride was late picking me up, so Brian made me this baked apple dessert with a sweet sauce that was to die for, and then he brought me out an egg/cheese dish he made with maple bacon which was the best tasting breakfast I ever had. Not to mention the home made banana bread and muffins that were there, too. When my ride back to the hotel arrived, Brian was kind enough to offer him coffee! When I got to the wedding breakfast, it paled in compared to Brian's breakfast back at the Ballard House Inn! Newton, the golden retriever is another treasure. He is mostly kept in the caretaker's quarters, probably just in case people have allergies to dogs, but I asked Brian to bring him out so I could see him and this dog is a love! I wanted to take him home. The entire house is immaculate and you couldn't ask for better, more hospitable innkeepers than Brian and Lynn.

Room Tip: I had the Winnisquam Room and I loved it. It's one of the lower priced rooms and I can only imagine the other ones if this one looks like this. The views are breathtaking out of both windows.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ballardhouse, Owner at Ballard House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

We are so glad your first stay at a bed and breakfast was a favorable one. Thank you so much for the complimentary review! We just really want to make sure everyone has a great time and enjoys themselves during their visit.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I retired recently and the first place my wife and I wanted to return to was the Ballard House. Lynn and Brian are very warm and friendly hosts and from the moment we arrived they made us feel as though we never left home. The inn is beautifully decorated and impeccably clean. The New Hampshire views are great from the breakfast room and the wrap around porch. The homemade breakfasts are absolutely delicious, not to mention Lynn's freshly baked brownies and cookies she leaves as snacks. There is also coffee, tea, water, soda and wine for the guests to enjoy. Brian and Lynn are very helpful with their suggestions for walks, restaurants and other activities. Their wonderful golden retriever Newton is without a doubt the most even tempered and lovable dog you will ever meet. We have already booked another summer stay with Lynn, Brian and Newt. This is without a doubt the best B & B we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much staying with us again! Repeat guests are such a compliment. You are a very kind and thoughtful couple and we all look forward (especially Newton) to your Summer stay!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I spent two wonderful nights at the Ballard House Inn with Lynn and Brian as the perfect hosts. The Inn is beautiful, our room was great with an extremely comfortable bed and the softest sheets ever. The inn is immaculate and breakfasts were wonderful and filling. Lynn and Brian were meant to be Inn owners - they make you feel welcome from the moment you enter until the moment you leave. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ballardhouse, Owner at Ballard House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

We are glad to have hosted you! It was a wonderful weekend, everyone staying seemed to hit it off. Thanks for the compliments, it means so much to us when you take the time to write a review. Please do visit again!