“very relaxed”

Meredith Children's Museum
Ranked #9 of 24 things to do in Meredith
Reviewed 15 April 2012

went there with my two boys under the age of 4 yrs and they loved it. it seemed scary at first cause no one was there but my son made noice to block mout the silence. will be going back

1  Thank Raw333

Reviewed 20 January 2012

This place could be great...but the owner really doesn't care about it aside from taking your money. Most of the activities are broken, run down, and/or dirty. Everything in there should be cleaned and broken exhibits fixed! I usually compare this place to a "playroom" that you would find in someone's basement. Oh, and be forewarned, if you go there a half hour before they close you will still have to pay full price.

4  Thank mello11
Reviewed 16 September 2011

My grandchildren,ages 4-10 had fun on a visit here, but the activities were not maintained and many were inoperative. They enjoyed the giant soap bubbles, but the water had dripped all over the floor and it went unmopped. It soon became so slippery that it was a real safety hazard.

There was no-one to explain any activities. The owner took my money when we arrived, but soon disappeared. For the rest of our visit there was no staff presence.

2  Thank trailergypsy
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My children loved this place. Unfortunately it was one of the filthiest places I have ever been to. Over time it seemed to get dirtier and dirtier to the point where I can no longer bring my children there. The owner seems to invest absolutely no time in cleaning any of the toys, structures, floors, etc. In fact, the owner seems to be absentee any time we were there. It's a pay-by-honor system, but I've been told by others that if they didn't pay, the owner suddenly appears from nowhere and tells them to pay (hidden video cameras?).

The rooms and activities at this little museum are great for kindergartners, preschoolers and younger. The bubble room is fun but the water is never changed. The pool ball room is interesting for older kids but is always jammed and sometimes the light bulbs are burnt out in there. I hate the grocery store room, thinking of how many kids have touched all of the products and then never get washed down. The castle slide was the first slide my oldest child ever went down and loved.

I have been hoping for years that this place would get bought up by a professional museum like the Children's Museum in Dover, NH and get a complete overhaul, but that doesn't seem like it will happen.

If you can get over how dirty everything is and can wash your kids' hands immediately after exiting this place, then go right ahead and have fun here, but be forewarned- it's icky.

6  Thank NDTH