“Delightful.”

Mill Falls at the Lake
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Meredith
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

Although at a conference, I've been able to find time to enjoy this delightful lakeside hotel. The Cathedral Suite's double doors open onto a narrow but adequate balcony overlooking a peaceful sprit of Lake Winni. The grounds are bordered by a wooden lake edge walkway you can stroll to restaurants, docks and town. A beautiful, quiet respite.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Slowhand54

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Having only stayed here once I am limited in the info I can offer, but the biggest impression I got is that they work hard at making guests feel welcome. They are pet friendly, provide 24 hour automatic coffee service in the lobby, have comfortable seating scattered throughout the building along with a variety of newspapers, and the people at the desk were pleasant. The lake is right across the street (some nice Adirondack chairs in the lawn to enjoy the view). My room was good sized, very clean and the bed was comfortable. I was very surprised that the hotel had fire sprinklers only in the common areas and hallways - but not in the rooms! I was on the 5th floor (technically 3rd story I think) and the inn is a rambling, wood frame constructed building, so to me that is a very surprising lapse of safety (though probably meets the local codes). Along those lines, I was also shocked that the shower/tub did not have a grab bar. One last complaint - the parking isn't ample or convenient. Someone who isn't very strong will find it a bit of a struggle to get from the lower lot uphill to the entry, even with the luggage carts that they provide. I don't know how this inn compares to other properties around the lake but it looks well cared for and the flowers, lawn, etc. are very pretty. Certainly the close proximity to the water and the grassy area around it is a huge benefit. Also easy walking distance to restaurants and shops. Finally, the room rate seemed very fair.

Room Tip: There are several buildings at this property. One (Chase House I believe) is on the lake side. You...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank megrey
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The Mill Falls as been a staple in the area for years. I remember when I lived in the area we would have family stay there and I have watched the Inn slowly change and the town come alive. I have so many memeries of the Inn. I love how comfortable the rooms are and friendly the staff is. The decore of the Inn is well done and feels like home. It's a quality Inn with charm, unique character, and it always feels like a get away. It has little shops and places to eat all around with the sound of a rushing waterfall and a view of the lake.

Room Tip: Going off season gets you the best prices, and often food and spa discounts.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather G
Reviewed 19 June 2012

From check in to check out everything was fantastic. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Everything around the property is kept attractive and orderly. This was my fourth year in a row staying at one of the Mill Falls properties. I will be returning next year without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bryan D
Reviewed 30 May 2012

The Church Landing of Mill Fall Inn is such a beautiful place. Nice view. Great location and great restaurants. The landscaping is unbelievable beautiful. The restaurants of Mill Falls are great. I ate at the hotels everynight. Love everything here.

Room Tip: If you stay in Church Landing, every room is nice and big with water view.
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Myself my husband and my 15 year daughter stayed at the Mill Falls Inn on May 18 to May 20. My son was graduating from Plymouth State University and we decided to book a room at the Mill Falls Inn. I have over many years have driven by the inn on my way to North Conway and always wanted to stay here. I was very disappointed. The pros: got a good rate at 120 per night, good walking distance to great restaurants and shops and great views. The cons: The inn needs an update immediately. the room we stayed at was on the bottom floor with a small patio. The rug in our room was old and stained with rips in the corners. The mattress seemed old and the room had a musty gross smell as did the hallway. The patio had uneven brick, a plant holder with cig/butts in it, ripped screen door and peeling paint on the building. The owners of the inn need to put some money into the place to spruce it up!!! I would not stay here again, but I would stay at the Church landing which was beautiful.

7  Thank Pamela A
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We traveled here with our family and in-laws and enjoyed our stay. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and accomodating - they helped us get aquiainted with the area and set up dinner reservations. We loved the location of this Inn and the spa was fantastic for my mother-in-law and I. We received stellar treatments and service while the rest of our family enjoyed the grounds, pool and a bit of shopping. Our room had a balcony and fireplace which was great in the evening because it was a bit chilly. My in-laws also had a lovely spacious room. We look forward to returning on our next visit to NH. Thank you.

1  Thank penny l
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meredith
Church Landing at Mill Falls
Nutmeg Inn
Nutmeg Inn
#2 of 6 in Meredith
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to Mill Falls at the Lake? Share your experiences!