Mill Falls at the Lake
US$206
Hotels.com
Lazy E Motor Inn(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$73
The Margate Resort(Laconia)(Great Value!)
US$130
  • Pool
Matterhorn Inn(Moultonborough)
Travelocity
All reviewsmill fallswaterfall cafechurch landingnew englandbell towerold millpool and jacuzzichase houseking bedrestaurants and shopslast weekendfamily weddingoff seasonfall foliagewhite mountainspropertiesspa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We really like this place. The feel is unfussy. The rooms are nice, but not fancy-at the Church Landing property. The breakfast café on site is great for the whole family and Guiseppis is yummy and family-friendly too. Sometimes they have a piano player in there, which is cool. The location is great for walking and checking out the lake, but we have never been there in the summer. The staff is great. The only problem we have had is finding hair in the bathroom on check-in (twice). This skeeves me out, but I think it's because there are throw rugs in the bathrooms. Overall, though, we really like it...enough to overlook the one problem.

Room Tip: Room prices vary to the extremes with regards to seasons. So, keep checking. We always check this hotel first, when visiting our son.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NJAub
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I recently spent a weekend at Church Landing. We had a nice relaxing day at the Cascade Spa and dinner at Guiseppe's. The staff was very friendly. Our room was nice and toasty with a fireplace and a view of the lake. We will definitely be coming back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberley T
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Took a visit to Meredith with my sister to do some Christmas shopping. The cute little shops and cozy restaurant was well worth the trip. Yes it can be rather pricey to shop here, but it's the ambiance of it all and the magic of the snow falling on the bridge while you watch the waters of Mill Falls flow rapidly that makes it all worth it!

Room Tip: Bring your credit card!
Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Heath D
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is our second time staying at the Mill at the Falls. We stay in the main Mill building connected to the pool, shops and restaurants for ease and conveience with two young children. This place is quaint, charming and relaxing. The staff is so friendly and bends over backwards to help you. I would give it 5 stars, but there are just a few little things that make it fall short, but I would definitely return and highly recommend.

The heating unit is located behind the sleepcouch and there is a gap where you cannot reach the controls, so you have to climb over the sleep couch to get to the heat to adjust it.

The shower/tub did not work 100%. The drain would not stay so my kids bath water kept draining and the shower did not have a lot of pressure due to what looked like the holes being clogged, probably from hard water, just like at home. If we stayed more nights, I would have mentioned something.

The indoor pool is really cold for indoor swimming.

Besides those things everything was clean, beautiful, and super friendly. We enjoyed Guiseppes restaurant and the Waterfall Cafe on the premises. We always eat there and they remember us year to year. The front desk gave great suggestions of things to do and see. My children sleep really late and even though we were beyond the time for housekeeping they left towels and extra soap and shampoo outside the door for us and did not disturb. It was very quiet and we all had good sleep quality.

The shops in the Inn are so nice and the cashier at the shop with all the Vera Bradley is extremely friendly and helpful and nice to my kids and remembered us the next day.

Note that they add on a $2 per day housekeeping gratuity. We had already tipped and checked out without realizing.

I love Meredith and the Inn at the Falls and will definitely return..

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor, but due to it being a historic inn there are half floors so everything is pretty close. I would enjoy being on the main level and trying a fireplace suite next time. Got to see one when the door opened and it looked nice. It is also so pretty to have a lake view, which we had the first time we stayed but not this time.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CarrieM525
Reviewed 11 December 2013

A charming place to stay in norther NH. A restored Mill with nice rooms, excellent service, a wonderful cafe and tons of charm. Came fr a business trip, but would come back with my wife for a long weekend. I was here in December and can only imagine what this place is like in the fall. Think On Golden Pond with service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business