“The four properties should be marketed separately”

Mill Falls at the Lake
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Meredith
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had never stayed in the Winnipesaukee area, and booked a room at the last minute before a sunny weekend. The Inn at Mill Falls was the only property available.

There is a single website for several properties grouped under Mill Falls. Church Landing has a lovely setting right on the Lake, some nice architectural touches, and the feel of a high end resort property. The Inn is across a busy street from the lake. The hallways and rooms have the feel of a motor inn, and the hallways on the lower floors in particular could use some new carpeting. Our room was OK for the price and the bathroom was clean, but certainly not the feel of a resort hotel, nor the feel of a classic old inn.. I assume the rooms are less expensive at the Inn than at Church Landing, but the experience is totally different, so set your expectations accordingly.

We tried two of the restaurants in the Inn. Giuseppe's had live music and hearty Italian food and the Waterfall Cafe has a great breakfast. Both have a lot more character than the rest of the hotel. The service in both restaurants and at the hotel desk was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The upper floor hallways in the Inn seem less worn--not sure if the rooms reflect this. We would pr...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Bill02493

Reviewed 11 June 2014

If there was a 20 star rating I would give it!! We have stayed at every one of their properties. Never have we had a problem. The staff is always wonderful & caring. If you want a little piece of heaven then make plans to spend time up here! Not just the summer time but winter is beautiful as well. The rooms are beautiful and there a many price levels. I could go on forever but will again say this is first class place!! You know it has to be classy to be mentiones on The Today Show!

Room Tip: They have plenty of price levels & different property types. Check all of them for what you want...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tina M
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Spent a weekend at the Inn at Mill Falls with a few friends. What a fabulous time we had!!! The hotel has several buildings/rooms for every budget. The indoor/outdoor pool/jacuzzi is great! The grounds are beautiful right on the lake. Next time I will bring my husband!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank molson28
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Inn at Mill falls. This was our second time there. We had a corner room with a view of the lake and a balcony. Room was very spacious and clean. Staff was very friendly. We ate at Giuseppe's for dinner. All I can say is - bring an appetite. Food was excellent. Next night we had appetizers at the bar while we watched hockey. Bar staff was very attentive. Definitely will go again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janice T
Reviewed 13 May 2014

1 night stay at Mills Falls Inn stuck in a pet-friendly room; and believe me never wanted one. Don't have pets and clerk said I must have agreed to it online. Did not! Room smelled like wet dog very badly, a chair in the room had a huge wet stain on it, rug looked dirty, mirror was filthy and white bedspread had a few noticable stains on it. I was offered nothing by front desk clerk. Found her rude; telling me rooms were filled for the wedding (we were attending). Said there might be a more expensive room available at my expense. Totally inappropriate and bad customer service. Housekeeping called and they came in while we were out. Powdered the rug and attempted to clean stained chair. Room smelled a bit better, but stains still there and I developed a huge rash on my neck. I beleive this to be from my stay there. I filled out there comment card next day and then a general survey 2 days later and still have not received a response. Both times asking for a call from Manager. I want a refund.
Ms.Janet

Room Tip: Make sure they don't throw you in this room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank janetq9958
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Very clam and peaceful place to visit. We enjoyed our stay. The staff were very helpful and the bed was comfortable. I will come again when I get a good deal for the rooms on the lake. Thanks the staff for making our stay comfortable.

Room Tip: Book rooms by the lake
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MsLower
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Take this review with a grain of salt because it is based on a very short stay, but based on the experience we will more than likely return. We were visiting friends with a business in Meredith, and chose the Mills Falls based on their recommendation. We weren't disappointed. We only stayed one night, but the room was very clean, quiet, comfortable, and not too expensive. The dining was very nice (we had dinner at Lagos, where the mushroom ravioli appetizer is really unforgettable), and a very good breakfast at the Waterfall Cafe came with a beautiful view of the waterfall and the lake. The staff at every place we went were very friendly and competent. It's a nice place that won't disappoint, at least based on my one night stay :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AxarusPhoto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meredith
Church Landing at Mill Falls
Nutmeg Inn
Nutmeg Inn
#2 of 6 in Meredith
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to Mill Falls at the Lake? Share your experiences!