“excellent adventure”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Meredith
New Hampshire
“excellent adventure”
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Great location, beautiful surroundings, difficult parking as there was a crafts fair but would definately recommend.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Cape Cod, MA
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Great restaurants, friendly service, super clean, comfy beds, free internet, variety of pools and hot tubs (both indoors and out and lake, too), walking distance to everything you need for a fun weekend... what more can I say?! Highly recommended for a family trip.

Connecticut
Reviewed 17 August 2009

First time in the area and we all had a great time. Meredith was perfect place for a base and Inn was great.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Be prepared to relax and enjoy the beauty of the New Hampshire Lakes Region. Casual comfort with elegant surroundings.

Providence, RI
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I stayed here in June. Because we had small children, we opted for a suite to have the extra room. Almost 400 a night when all was said and done. It was not worth the money and not worth the trip up with so many other high end resorts in New England we could have visited. The suite had great potential but honestly I just didnt think it was as clean as it should have been. The balcony was not cleaned before we got there (dirt, bird poop, cigarette ash), there were stains on the carpet as well. The bathroom was huge and really nice- and the bed sooooo comfortable. One look out the window however and the roof/space in front of the only window to the bedroom was covered, and I mean COVERED with bird poop. We couldn't even open the window because were were afraid of the health implications- it had to have been hundreds of bird droppings. Disgusting. The room also didn't have a bad odor per se but when we walked in the room for the first time, got more of a lived in feel than a clean, fresh feel/smell. (and that was before we opened the curtains to our room with a view of bird poop city). Also now that I am thinking about it, it is a pet friendly hotel and maybe that was the odor? There were a lot of pets around the grounds...?

I let the staff know upon check out in a comment card I submitted as well as an online survey I received in the email. I got a printed response in the mail saying they hoped I'd come back again and thanks for the comments, they'd be addressed etc. I honestly though they should have thrown some incentive my way to return if they REALLY wanted me to come back. For that kind of $$, I wouldn't risk it when I could take my money elsewhere. I hope mine was an isolated experience. Front desk staff were really really nice from check-in to check out.

Overall, grounds were great, loved that we could walk to dinner, for an ice cream etc- cute little area. The pool area was nice as well. I think I just had higher expectations. Clean room being expectation #1.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
work
Reviewed 17 June 2009

I visited the Inn at Mill Falls last fall. It was delightful from the moment we stepped into the inn until the time we departed. The folks at the front desk were friendly and helpful. We loved the coffee maker in the lobby brewing one cup at a time. The entry with the beautiful wicker was so welcoming. It was fun to relax and enjoy the many newspapers. There are plenty of restaurants fin the area - all walkable.

Go - park your car - enjoy the weekend, you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank mdiegel
Boston
Reviewed 23 November 2008

We visited for 4 days before the tourist season began in May. An indoor heated pool allows for warm swims. The inn is part of an old mill which has ben converted to a small mini-mall, and quaint shops and eating establishments offer good food and shopping. A breakfast restaurant offered excellent food and lunch.
Across the street is a small park and a boardwalk that wends its way for 1/2 mile along the shores of the lake. We took a day trip north to see the sighes of Franconia notch, Kankamegus Highway and Conway area. It is convenient to the scenic beauty of New Hampshire.
The staff of the hotel are great. Coffe is offered all day in the lobby, and internet is available.

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank reelyor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meredith
Church Landing at Mill Falls
#1 of 6 in Meredith
Center Harbor Inn
Center Harbor Inn
#1 of 3 in Center Harbor

Been to Mill Falls at the Lake? Share your experiences!