“Nice place to stop in for a bite when on vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kara's Cafe and Cakery - CLOSED

Kara's Cafe and Cakery
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Providence, RI
“Nice place to stop in for a bite when on vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

The s.o. and I were staying in the area and it was a rainy day so we stopped in to Kara's for a snack and a coffee. Meredith is a quaint town and Kara's fits in. The atmosphere is cozy with the real wood beams above and the fireplace, wood floors, and sofas.

The s.o. and I split a quiche and we both had a latte and a desert. The quiche had onions and I am not much or an onion person but these were cooked well and I didn't notice them much. It came on a bed of greens which was a nice touch and complimented it well. I had the chocolate chip cookie (my recommendation) as it was soft and fresh but not soft in the uncooked doughy way. The s.o. had a lemon square that was really lemony (sp?) and they can turn it down on that a tad.

The tab came to $18.16 without a tip. It was fine as we were on vacation but I personally would not spend that on a weekly basis if I lived locally.

In the end, it was worth the visit.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank rayjay12002

Westport, Connecticut
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We ate there everyday we were in-town! Great sandwiches, great coffee and great people! They have great indoor space and if it's nice out...perfect outdoor space!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Scott S
Brighton, United Kingdom
“GREAT PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Good choice, fresh and good service. it also has a nice little deck at the front with tables so you can watch the world go by.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank dygirlke
“Meredith, NH culinary gem!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Kara's is a little cafe in the heart of downtown Meredith that is truly a highlight of our time spent there...from the fresh brewed coffee (the iced even has the option for coffee cubes), to homemade baked goods, breakfast and lunch sandwiches, and variety of fresh fruits and salads...we have never had a bad bite (you know the food is something special when half your conversation while eating is about how good the food is!). The owner is delightful...she remembers your name, your go-to order, and makes you feel at home. It's one of our favorite places to eat, anywhere...hands down.

3 Thank K7LS
NH
“Sumptuous sandwiches and lemonade”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

I was in Meredith on a hot summer Saturday and stopped into Kara's Cafe for a fresh squeezed lemonade. I was so tempted by their creative menu that I ordered a sandwich too. I "designed my own" sandwich from their ingredients list and enjoyed a fabulous, healthy lunch made exactly as I would have made it. Now I know where to go for a great lunch. Oh, and free wi-fi to boot!

• Visited August 2012