“A little bit more than the usual McDonald's” 4 of 5 bubbles

McDonald's
Ranked #24 of 37 Restaurants in Meredith
Cuisines: Fast food
New Hampshire
“A little bit more than the usual McDonald's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

We took our three young grandchildren here on a cold December night about a week before Christmas. My husband and I had been to this McDonald's before, but it had been many years since we'd visited. We were delighted to see a couple of neat changes that fit the personality of this McDonald's in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. One is a moose head on one wall ... a talking moose head! Fun for the kids. The feature we really liked was a fireplace right in the middle of the restaurant with chairs and low tables drawn up to it. My 8-year-old grandson and I claimed those chairs right away while my husband and the other two kids sat on stools at a high table nearby.

Of course the food was about the same as at any McDonald's, but it was a fun outing with the kids -- and the fireplace made it so cozy on a winter night!

• Visited December 2012