“Broadway in The Heart of the Lakes Region of New Hampshire!”

The Winnipesaukee Playhouse
Moultonborough, New Hampshire, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Broadway in The Heart of the Lakes Region of New Hampshire!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great Venue! Awesome performances and very talented performers. The Winnipesaukee Playhouse opened in Meredith NH the Summer of 2013. The venue has catering onsite with food & beverages you can order and enjoy onsite before a performance, also a great Snack bar for intermissions! My Wife and I have not missed a performance to date! It is a must do if your in the lakes region area!

Bruno & Sharon

Phelps
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Outstanding theatre and show”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We experienced The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and play that was well done and it brought back memories of reading the book when I was a child. The theatre is beautiful, the set was amazing and well worth the time and effort. A light meal is also available prior to the show which makes it a nice evening for those who choose to participate in the meal.

Visited August 2014
Concord, New Hampshire
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Cool old school rail line”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Thank goodness there is still railroads like this so our kids can see them And understand the American history.

I am a rail buff but all people will love to ride this cool rail. I heard the other day they offer a combo trip with the mount Washington boat now as well. My kids and I will have to give that a try soon

Visited September 2013
Concord, New Hampshire
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Great playhouse with excellent shows!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband I have been for 2 years in a row now. Last year we saw Sherlock Holmes and this year we saw The Adventures of Ton Sawyer. Both plays were excellent. They do like to use a lot of smoke, which can irritate your eyes. The costumes and sets are always great. The actors were really funny and great. The theatre is small and almost every seat is excellent. If you are seeing Tom Sawyer I would not recommend a balcony seat on the sides closest to the stage you may miss some parts and the people sitting there this weekend had a difficult time seeing. There is a very nice employee named Sarah that works in the box office, she has wonderful customer service! There is great looking food there too, lobster rolls, wraps, cookies, brownies and an assortment of drinks. It's a great evening out!!

Forked River, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“We loved Winnipesaukee Playhouse”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I took our teenage kids to see The Adventures of Tom Sawyer at this Theater. Teens can be hard to please, but they really enjoyed the play. The theater is in a building that is a barn type building, beautifully renovated. There is an outdoor stage where musicians ( or maybe other entertainers- the night we went it was a musician)play before the show. It rained the night we went, so we didn't get to enjoy the lovely grounds, but we would definitely come early to enjoy the outdoor area before the show. The show was great- very well done. This theater is relatively small, so all the seats are good. We sat in the orchestra area. I didn't buy balcony seats on the sides because I was afraid the view of the stage might not be good from those seats. Now that I have seen the theater I would buy balcony seats- it appeared that the view of the stage would be fine. I purchased my tickets online and picked them up at the box office. This was very easy to do and the staff working in the box office were pleasant and helpful. Winnipesaukee playhouse is a fun thing to do while on vacation in the area. You can sign up for their mailing list and they will periodically send you a brochure with a schedule of their plays. We will definitely go back.

1 Thank Donna B