“If you really want a turkey dinner, welcome to mediocrity.”
Review of Hart's Turkey Farm

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Meredith, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you really want a turkey dinner, welcome to mediocrity.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Typical NH dining, that is Hart's has a business and they are generous to the community but the food and service are only mediocre.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Steve R

Cortlandt Manor
“A True Family Restaurant”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Wasn't expecting much when we walked in since it looked like the type of restaurant where seniors would eat dinner at 4 in the afternoon. Décor is a bit outdated and there is plenty of fried foods on the menu but we were pleasantly surprised. My husband, who enjoys eating, could not finish the turkey dinner he ordered. In fact we (4 adults, one 3 yr old, one 8 mo old) were able to get at least two more meals out of those leftovers. Go with the straight turkey and skip the fried stuff. There is a bar. Will definitely stop by next time we're in the area.

Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Not like it used to be”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I had been here many years ago and was thrilled it was still in business. We looked forward to a good turkey dinner. However, it has definitely gone down hill. I couldn't decide between turkey croquettes and a turkey dinner, so got the croquettes for an appetizer and split the jumbo turkey dinner with my husband. Neither was a good choice. The croquettes were dry, not much taste, and almost no gravy. The jumbo turkey dinner had a pound of turkey and a ton of stuffing, a small dish of mashed potato and a small dish of squash, and an even smaller dish of cranberry sauce. Definitely not enough of the sides for two, even though it was advertised as a meal for two (they add $3 extra for the second plate). The turkey was sliced paper thin, was tough, dry and tasted old. Gravy was minimal. We did take home most of it and by adding our own gravy, made turkey sandwiches for a couple days.

Overall, we were very disappointed in Harts. I'm told, however, their Friday night buffet is good. Can't say first hand as there was no way we were going back.
The waitress was pleasant and efficient, the atmosphere turkey/country.

1 Thank seagull296
Bethlehem, New Hampshire
“Just OK.”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I used to come here with my family when I was a kid and stopped in with my husband today as we were driving through the area. He had the turkey meatloaf and enjoyed it but my turkey pot pie wasn't very good - I even picked off the biscuit top which is typically my favorite part because it was very dry and not flaky at all. The hostess and our waitress were both excellent, but the food quality was not up to par. I would also recommend that the manager do a walkthrough with a close eye for detail. Many ceiling tiles in the dining room and ladies restroom were broken and/or buckled and the heat/air vent above our table was way overdue for a cleaning. I so wanted to love my visit, but left very disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
“Only a few miles from home, wanted comfort food, this did it!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

My mother and mother-in-law would have loved this place. Cracker Barrel must have modeled themselves after Harts.

• Visited November 2013