“Slim Pickins!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We went to this restaurant as it was close to my two daughters University and was said to be good for larger groups. We called ahead as it was a Saturday night and we were planning on eating at around 7 to 7:30. We were told that they do not accept reservations but it was a good thing we called so they could be prepared for our party and try to get us in quickly. We had reviewed the menu and found it had a variety of food and not just turkey, this was important as we had a large group and not all like turkey. On our arrival we found large expanses of booths and tables, most of which were unoccupied. We were seated immediately and as we began to look at the menu we were not shocked to find a very thorough and extensive menu which touched on about every turkey dish you could imagine including dishes which should probably not have turkey in them. The jokes began in Forest Gump type humor listing all the turkey dishes we could imagine and betting dollars on how many times we would hear the word turkey during the evening. This "fun time" was made better by litteraly hundreds of turkey plates stuck to every inch of the dining room walls. We were excited to learn that the restaurant had a buffet. We looked it over and found it limited. The salad bar looked OK but the rest was drab and looked like it had been out too long. We discovered that this limited buffet fetched a healthy price of $17.99 . There were 7 in our party. and we ended up ordering a variety of dishes. Four of us ordered the turkey dinner. It was 15.99 and had little turkey on it. The dressing was tasteless and the vegetable, Broccoli was probably the best thing on the plate. I like gravy with my potatoes and turkey and I did get about a Tablespoon of it with my meal. Two in our Party ordered Hamburgers, the waitress told us they were huge and out of this world. True on both counts. I tried one and I still cant figure out what world it was from. My daughter asked the waitress if it was turkey meat and she stated it was beef. No one who ordered the burgers finished more than half. My daughter became violently ill that night. My son, 14 Y/O stated that for a place that sells only turkey they didn't do a very good job. He stated that the turkeys I cook are way better. if you are going to specialize in one type of dish and build a business around it you should probably get it right. If I was to say anything good about this experience it would be to say that the fried pickles and corn bread were delicious. Total for the turkey nightmare... $120.00.

3  Thank brbassett

Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was one of the best restaurants we have ever been to. We had the prime rib which was the best, but they are noted for their turkey dinners. Everyone there was raving how good it was. We could not believe the sizes of the plates when they came out of the kitchen. You can also buy anything they make including their famous home made gravy. We will definitely be going back there.

1  Thank CJP363
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Went with wife on Saturday afternoon. Was seated promptly, service was excellent. Wife had Mini Pot Pie, and I had Wedge salad and turkey sandwich. Food was very yummy. Quantity was excellent. Turkey was excellent in sandwich and in the pot pie. Highly recommend to couple or families.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

They make a turkey "steak & cheese" that is terrific! a local institution. Have been visiting Hart's for years.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Typical NH dining, that is Hart's has a business and they are generous to the community but the food and service are only mediocre.

1  Thank Steve R