“Loved it here”

Church Landing at Mill Falls
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Meredith
Reviewed 7 April 2008

This was the best weekend I've had in a long time. Church Landing was wonderful. It was so relaxing. Our room (366) was hugh with patio doors looking out to the lake, a fireplace & whirlpool tub. Service was wonderful from the minute we checked in. The pool was great, you can swim right outside without getting out of the pool! . We had Sunday Jazz brunch in the Lake house restaurant. Very nice spread. My only dissapointment was, our deck was right above the outside jacuzzi & that got very noisy at different times of the day & night.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mamme
There are newer reviews for Church Landing at Mill Falls

Reviewed 26 January 2008

We had our wedding reception at Church Landing in May of 2007. Several of our friends and family members stayed at either Church Landing or the other Mill Falls hotels. I have not heard a single complaint about the hotel form any who attended. You immediately get a feel for Church Landing when you walk in the main lobby. The large fire place, exposed log beam, and warm ambience give the hotel a rustic but elegant charm that is unique. I saw several of the rooms at Mill Falls. I had the opportunity to stay in two rooms, one the night before the wedding and honeymoon suite the night of the wedding, and see the rooms my family members were staying in as well. Overall the rooms are great. All the rooms have a view of the water and all that I saw had a balcony. The bathrooms are spacious and in the suites have two people Jacuzzi. The beds all have unique nature wood designs, warm down comforters, and more pillows than are every necessary. The larger rooms have couches and comfortable chairs surrounding the fire place.
In late spring it is not too crowded and the weather is comfortable (warm and sunny days very cool at night). We had visited in the winter to make some of our plans and I was amazed at the number of people ice fishing and other winter sports going on. In the summer it is close to Weir beach and the highway without being too busy of an area that it is located.
For those people interested in planning a weeding at Church Landing it was a great time. The ball room is a good size with a fireplace at one end with book cases to the side that we set up our table in front of and a small area to the far end that let the DJ to be set back from the room a little allowing more space for the dance floor. The bar set up outside of the main room was well situated for the space and flow of people. The service was quick and without a hitch. The only draw back is the restaurant upstairs has only one bathroom so customer go downstairs and use the same bathrooms located off a hall near the function room. Something my mother-in-law decorated the bathroom with was taken even before the reception started.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank jmc325
Reviewed 28 December 2007

I stayed here for two nights (12/19 & 12/20) while in Meredith on business and WOW, my room overlooked the gorgeous bay, which was all lit up at night for the holidays. It was so beautiful. There was a substantial snow storm while I was there and the town was transformed into a winter wonderland.
My room was fantastic and very spacious; I had to use the step stool in order to climb up into the bed. The fireplace was a wonderful addition. I can only imagine how nice the deck would be in the summertime. I ate dinner both nights at the restaurant onsite and had specials both nights which were delicious. I highly recommend Church Landing; I’ll definitely stay here again, hopefully with my hubby next time.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Teri B
Reviewed 15 December 2007

My husband and I stayed here Dec 8-10 for a friends wedding. We had never been to Mills Falls before, and let me tell you it was absolutely gorgeous! There was a light dusting of snow on the ground, the entire atmosphere was so cozy. We were in a room facing th lake w/ a king size bed and fireplace. The decor of the room and hotel was so charming. Everything was extremely clean and the staff was so friendly. We didn't really venture into the town so I can't say much about it. We would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bogden
Reviewed 30 November 2007

This was our second time to Church Landing and our 1st Wedding Anniversary the hotel upgraded us to a beautiful suite called the Tree House Suite words can't really describe how great this suite is there's actually a tree in the middle of the room, huge bathroom with a jacuzzi and they gave us complimentary champagne. I like my first stay but thought it was a little pricey but after my 2nd experience it is worth the cost. It is so homey with the fireplaces everywhere.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lgoodie
Reviewed 12 November 2007

We stayed for one night, off-season, in early November. Large, comfortable room. Huge bed (about 20 pillows), separate sitting area with fireplace, and balcony with pretty view of the lake.

Common areas of inn were also great. Nice bar and grill as well. Very nice, comfortable lodge if you are looking for a quiet night away.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2007

We travelled here from England in October 2007 with our two children to get married!!
We wanted to have a very personal and relaxed civil ceremony with just a few guests....it was perfect. We married in a gazebo at the edge of the Lake!
This hotel greets you the moment you walk through the door!!The staff were welcoming and helpful and made our stay very special.
We stayed in the Gunstock Suite...complete with balcony overlooking the lake, fireplace, double hot tub and separate bedroom (ideal as the sofa in the sitting area turned into a bed for the children) The room was spotlessly clean and decorated beautifully...warm and cosy!
The food here is gorgeous too. We had our wedding breakfast in the Lakehouse Grille. Again they made us feel very special and welcome. I had read some rerviews complaining about the breakfasts.....we had no such complaints. A continental breakfast is included. This is beautifully presented with plenty of choice. Or you could opt for the cooked breakfast at an extra cost.
Another great treat was the outdoor hot tub and the pool that you could swim from inside to outside!!! Kids loved this!
Altogether this is a wonderfully romantic, wonderfully decorated, wonderfully staffed haven!!!!
Our next stop after this was Disney World Florida...wish we could have stayed here a lot longer!!!
Anyone wishing to get married in a less commercialised personal way should consider this beautiful spot!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank solihull2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meredith
Mill Falls at the Lake
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee
Nutmeg Inn
Nutmeg Inn
#2 of 6 in Meredith

Been to Church Landing at Mill Falls? Share your experiences!