“Our "go to" place when we need to get away”

Church Landing at Mill Falls
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Meredith
Reviewed 20 August 2009

We book into Church Landing at least 2-3 times a year for a long weekend. It is a terrific location in the lakes region and has something to offer in every season. We're lucky to live close enough that its only an hour from home -- but a world away. I always treat myself to a treatment at the Cascade Spa for a little extra indulgence

We've stayed in most of the suites (Steeple Suite is our favorite) as well as other rooms. Frankly we've enjoyed them all. By all means consider a stay at Church Landing -- it really is worth it.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tpcurtis

Reviewed 13 August 2009

We stayed at Church Landing. The Inn was beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. The best beds we ever had at a hotel. The Lakehouse was by far the best restaurant there. Very good food at reasonable prices. The town of Meredith is not very exciting but the hotel is kind of a happening place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2009

The resort is laid out nice with beautiful grounds and very nicely appointed furnishings.
My husband and I went for two nights. Two nights were perfect for us.

We enjoyed the rooms, very comfortable bed and beautiful views of the lake. There were only a couple of things that disappointed me. I chose this resort because of the indoor outdoor pool. The pool is one pool and it is extremely tiny. If you have one kid in the pool than it is crowded.

The other thing I didn't like is that this hotel is part of four hotels in the area. They allow guests from other resorts to come over. So that tiny pool is now even more crowded. Also, if you want a nice quiet continental breakfast, that too gets even congested because they have other guests coming over from other hotels to eat the complimentary breakfast. I did make my comments known to the hotel on these issues.

I am not a snob. The weekend I spent at Church Landing was a gift. It is a little out of my price range.

I wouldn't hesitate about going back and I would recommend this hotel to others. Just keep in mind some of the items I stated, if that even matters to you.

Enjoy your stay, we did.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2009

I have to first say that we had a marvelous trip. Unfortunetly, we were overcharges SEVERAL times, and had difficulty gettin a response when we called the question charges. We were first overcharged when we were quoted one cost for our room, and upon checkout were told that the room we stayed in was more than we were quoted. They did reimburse us for part of the additional cost. Then we were charged more for our meal at Lago's and it took several phone calls to be reimbursed for that charge. Finally, we were charged for a meal at the restuarant at Church Landing that was not ours. We called the manager 4 times over 6 weeks, and were only credited by him after we tracked him down one night because he had not returned any of our phone calls. When we were checking out of the hotel there were 2 other couples disbuting their bills because they too had been overcharged!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank macdonka
Reviewed 30 May 2009

NOTE: THIS REVIEW IS SPECIFIC TO THE LAKEHOUSE GRILL RESTAURANT INSIDE CHURCH LANDING! Like all the other restaurants in the Common Man group, the food here is very good. The *wait* for a table was over 90 minutes last night, as it was when we went to the one in Windham, NH. Good thing we had reservations this time--we were seated promptly at a great table!

The only reasons that this gets 4 stars from me and not 5: NO PARKING (and the front desk person at the hotel was quite unhelpful about the whole thing, and even a little bit rude, sadly!) and the long wait (which isn't their fault at all, but still).

The food: I had salmon and a field greens salad as well as a parsnip white chocolate soup with dill garnish. ALL was fabulous. We were there for their Valentines Day chocolate extravaganza... don't miss the chocolate fountain, the crepes (I tried the savory one!) and the best hot fudge ever over (so the chef said) common man's own yummy ice cream.

It was a little pricey for us ($45 a person plus drinks for the chocolate buffet), but I do think it was a great deal nonethless. I ate a ton of chocolate and I really got to try a large number of great desserts. The truffles were also good. The FLAN was yucky (sorry, but it was!) and the creme brulee was mediocre. The white chocolate mousse was good but not great, and the truffles (especially the maple ones) were outstanding. Not sure if they're made in house but YUMMY. Also, my husband loved the chocolate pizza (yes, you heard me... CHOCOLATE pizza) and espresso crusted steak.

I'm probably forgetting a few things, but overall, this place is definitely recommended.

Pros: The great waiter and great view of the lake... even in the dead of winter, it's beautiful!
Cons: Parking is troublesome and there's almost always a long wait for a table on weekends.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SoxFan777
Reviewed 24 May 2009

Even though we only stayed one night we loved it so much, we are going back in October this year. It is everything you see in the Inn's website.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank TekPhotoTraveler
Reviewed 5 May 2009

My husband and I decided to spend our 1st anniversary at Church Landing in Meredith, NH in April of 2009. We drove up from Boston, about a 2 hour drive, and checked in without any delay. We booked a king fireplace room with a balcony overlooking the lake. We also took some advice from a friend and spent a couple of extra bucks for the "Laker Package" which includes a full breakfast each morning and one dinner at the restaurant of our choice. The Mills Falls complex is a collection of accommodations, restaurants and shops all located within the teeny tiny town of Meredith, NH. Church Landing has an awesome indoor/outdoor pool, two hot tubs, a full service spa, restaurant, bar, and a small sandy beach. A buffet breakfast is available with an omlette/waffle station. You have to drive/walk to another building to get a breakfast cooked to order. The lobby is absolutely amazing with a collection of seating areas that are super cozy with most having a view of the lake.

We went up to our room, #462 (I think), and we immediately were very surprised about how small it was. Honestly. The bed was amazing, the view was fantastic, but it was....well....just small. The bathroom was small and the water pressure was pretty low. Water could get super hot, though which was pretty awesome. The fireplace was a super cute accent, and it gave off some heat, but there was no accessible controls, so it stayed at a low flame when we did throw it on. The TV was great with lots of channels to choose from. We were able to watch our favorite sporting events and cable shows during our very rainy romantic getaway. We came to the conclusion that we paid $350/night for the view, pool, hot tubs, lobby decor and spa.

We ate dinner at Giuseppes which was really fun and great food. They have live music there 7 nights/week. After dinner, we sat at the bar to watch the Bruins game. The bartender was so friendly! He hooked up his ipod to one of the TVs and played these AMAZING retro videos and played some incredible music. What a fun night!

We spent one day shopping in all the cute shops, hit the hot tub, then I got a facial at the spa while my husband took a nap. The shops are cute with all the little chachkies you'd might expect from a tourist destination. The hot tubs were hot and pretty powerful with lots of big fuzzy towels available. My facial was fine - beware that the cost of all spa treatments INCLUDE an 18% gratuity tacked onto your bill at the end.

We went to Lago for our "fancy" dinner and the place is just absolutely gorgeous. Whatever you do - get the "Gotcha Ball" off the appetizer menu. It's truly amazing! The wine list was pretty extensive as well. Everything was delicious and the view was fantastic.

We concluded our trip with a short drive up to, and across, the Kangamangus Highway. We saw some beautiful scenery including a big huge MOOSE! How cool is that! We caught Rt. 93 south on the other end and cruised home. All in all a great trip. Although it was a great trip, I just think it was a very expensive hotel. I'm glad we had the experience, but I would never stay there again. Just too expensive.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BostonFabulous
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meredith
Mill Falls at the Lake
#2 of 6 in Meredith
Center Harbor Inn
Center Harbor Inn
#1 of 3 in Center Harbor

Been to Church Landing at Mill Falls? Share your experiences!